Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potters Bar v Enfield Town

seemgee

Great result for Andy and the Town today. Another away win, three points, and currently 5th in the IPL table at the start of the New Year.
Well done guys. Be very interested to read comments on the match from Towners who attended the game at Potters Bar this afternoon.
Let's hear it for the Town. Happy New Year everyone!

On an absolute mudbath of a pitch and where we were marginally outplayed by a useful PB team, they could be 3 invaluable points come the end of the season. Our first was an own goal and the second a terrible mistake by the keeper albeit Brickell finished it with aplomb. Great turnout by the faithful, I'd say about 200 of us.

Albeit Mo didn't play, he was there as a spectator and was given a good send off by the supporters. He wasn't able to tell us which club he's joining but I'm favouring the Plymouth rumour. I personally wish him all the best, he's been great for our club and he leaves us with lots of good memories.

For the attention of Father Jack, is she ok ?

A classic it wasn't but I guess it was never going to be on a very heavy and sticky pitch.

Very pleased to come away with the win, meaning a 6 point haul from the two festive games, putting us back up to 5th in the league.

The players worked their socks off, particularly Billy who got his rewards from sheer persistence (though the first was an own goal after he had cut the ball back from an impossible angle). Good to see Mo at the game (as a spectator) despite all the rumours about his departure.

My concern for the future is that we're trying to put square pegs in round holes. Would like to see Ken given a chance up front with Billy, but not as part of a wide man in a front three which doesn't suit Ken or Billy who I think is always a much better player when he has somebody playing close to him. Ken looks to me a promising out and out striker who needs to be more central. We also need to get some pace into that back line or we'll continue conceding goals at an alarming rate.

Good post Anfield Towner, you picked up on the two issues which I noticed from the Potters Bar game yesterday.

Up front, our shape didn’t look right. Ken Charles looked completely isolated on the wide left, way too far from Bricknell. I agree that we look much more of a threat going forward when Bricknell has another forward near him to feed off/set up. And we are very short of pace at the back (I’d have Weatherstone and Muleba as the two centre backs). Plus right back is a concern.

On the plus side, the new midfielder is good quality and has improved the balance and creativity already. Good signing. A midfield three of Blackman, Youngs and Della-Verde works for me. And with Mohammadu off to pastures new (full credit to him for watching the match from the sidelines - plenty of players don’t have that common courtesy), the manager will have some funds available to strengthen areas that he thinks needs improvement.

We had the run of the ball against PBT and were lucky to get the win. Not complaining though!

Carshalton away will be a stern test but, unfortunately, not one I will be in the country to see. See you all in March.

Two sound observations AT and B10  to which I am totally in agreement with. 

At this time of year because of the playing conditions, results can tend to be a lottery. All we can hope is that we get the rub of the green and keep winning.

Also I again like to join in wishing Mo a successful career. Will be looking at the soccer reports to see how he gets on.

2 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Also I again like to join in wishing Mo a successful career. Will be looking at the soccer reports to see how he gets on.

I second that. 

I also keep tabs on Josh Davison at Charlton Athletic he has had a few 1st team appearances from the bench. But today against Swansea he made his first team starting debut. 

Archived