Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CORINTHIAN CASUALS V TOWN

Raingod

as it stands

1 Cheshunt0-1                                
  2 Bishop's Stortford1-0                                
  3 Worthing1-1                                
  4 Haringey Borough1-1                                
  5 Carshalton Athletic0-1 3                              
  6 Enfield Town0-0                                
Edited by old towner

Liked the comment on the official Twitter regarding the team..... " but were toothless going forward".  Couldn't be because of the age of some of the players!!!!

I feel just as frustrated OT.  I hope for your sake that some subscribers don't get you mixed up with me. I'd hate you to get some of the flack I have received over the past 3 years for daring to criticise  how the team is organised. But then I still hope we succeed on Tuesday. Depends on which team turns up.

I look forward to reading the report of to days game in the next couple of days. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

What a disgraceful performance. With the casuals playing 5 at the back we persisted with a centre forward without any kind of support. In the second half Casuals passed the ball around why we merely gave it away. Casuals ran into space whilst we looked stationary and bewildered.

Casuals used the full width of the pitch whilst we thought that a pass of around 10 yards was a long ball.

Something has to change.

Give him time.....new squad      we beat Kinstonian......we're in top half......????

No....yesterday was my first game since last season.     Really looking forward to seeing CC and the Town put on a display.

What did I see...little imagination....inability to break down a steady defence...frustration as we continue to leak sloppy goals.   Think only real change 2nd half was switching wingers.

I had my doubts over past 2 seasons.    I don't any more.   My mind is made up.    

I support the team and the club but it can't be blind faith any more.    

We can't all be wrong, but then we appear to have little say.

Only one player up front immediately suggests to me that if played the right way there is always 3 defenders free to support their attacks. It should not take, even a mediocre coach, to quickly come up with a way to redress the balance. Normally this is done by pushing up two wide men to occupy the backs. Its not rocket science. 

But no action is the ultimate way of making " A pig's ear out of a silk purse". 

But as I keep saying, with diminishing hopes, that lessons will have been learned for the next game. As if!!!!!

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, but was on Tuesday - the biggest frustration for me is that we clearly can turn up and play very well at times, but we just can't seem to do it consistently enough. We need to put together the consistent run of performances and results that our squad is more than capable of - I think Andy deserves a lot of credit in putting an (in my view) excellent squad together, but the pressure is now on him to get us playing well (or at least grinding out results when things aren't clicking) game after game, not just from time to time.

As a side point, as I know a lot has been spoken about how isolated Bricknell is at times, I do think that Okoje is a key player for us, and an excellent foil for Bricknell, and him getting injured has set us back significantly. Does anyone have any update on his injury and how long he's expected to be sidelined for?

Barney, we shoould not have to rely on one player and one system of play.

The game on Saturday with Casuals playing a 5 man back hi line with a good passing play required a change of tactics. 2 centre forwards (strikers at least) with players in midfield prepared to run from deep to support the winger. Whilst there was often 1 player wide on the left the right side of the park was ignored for long periods. This is where Mickey Purcell excelled but he was not the manager's favourite.