Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

They’ve only gone and won it

Magnificent result.

I listened to the first 15 minutes on local radio. To be fair, Hereford sounded on top and the commentary was a bit biased as they commentate on Hereford all the time.

I decided to do a bit of gardening and fearing the worst I came in and checked Footballwebpages for the result. 

I mentioned in an earlier post that my first game was in 1968, the year before the moon landing, and that was definitely more likely to happen than a Wembley appearance in my lifetime.

i think I’ll have a beer.

Hi, I usually post on the Spartan South Midlands League (SSML) Forum but have an affinity to Hornchrch from some years back, many congrqatulations to the Club for their fantastic achievement. I was just wondering whether Uncle Urchin (Unc) was at Wembley last Saturday, possibly as a guest of honour, and enjoying the fruits of laying the foundations when the Club reformed in 2005 and were placed in the Essex Senior League. 

59 minutes ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

I doubt very much that he was there, after all, all the tickets were sold by the club.

Yes but Unc wouldn't have needed to buy a ticket would he, he would have been the Club's guest of honour had he been able to attend, I heard that he is living abroad at the moment so what with Covid it might have been difficult for him to get back

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Yes but Unc wouldn't have needed to buy a ticket would he, he would have been the Club's guest of honour had he been able to attend, I heard that he is living abroad at the moment so what with Covid it might have been difficult for him to get back

I don't think you understand.

The club that was reformed in 2005 was the one he bankrupted. And then he nearly did it again a few years later.

I don't think many people can deny that he did some good things for the club when he was involved, but our progress since he walked away, culminating in Saturday's momentous victory, was despite him not because of him.

The only guests of honour at the game were the ones that dug us out of the dire situation we were left in.

Does that answer your question ?

Rhodes, I think uncle urchin found it too difficult to leave his spacious surroundings to attend as it appears he has been living rent free in your head for the best part of two decades.

thanks for your heartfelt congratulations and support.

7 hours ago, Urchins said:

Does that answer your question?

I simply asked a question which only needed a yes or no answer, namely was Uncle Urchin at Wembley for the FA Trophy Final last Saturday and, if so, was he a guest of honour, I find it a little strange that four members have responded and in somewhat of an aggressive tone. Anyway it appears that Unc wasn't in attendance so thanks and congratulations once again on the Club's amazing achievement.

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I simply asked a question which only needed a yes or no answer...

...or the alternative answer, already given, that no-one really knows for sure if he was there.

Thanks for the congratulations and so sorry if you feel offended by the responses.

You're a funny man - keep up the good work.

Edited by Urchins

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I simply asked a question which only needed a yes or no answer, namely was Uncle Urchin at Wembley for the FA Trophy Final last Saturday and, if so, was he a guest of honour, I find it a little strange that four members have responded and in somewhat of an aggressive tone. Anyway it appears that Unc wasn't in attendance so thanks and congratulations once again on the Club's amazing achievement.

Loooooool Rhodes you old legend ???

1 hour ago, Urchins said:

no-one really knows for sure if he was there

Urchins - I know Wembley is a huge stadium however I'm sure Uncle Urchin would have been spotted a mile off had he been in attendance as he stands out from a crowd in more ways than one, besides why would Unc go to the Final 'incognito' as he can hold his head sky high for everything he did for the Club back in the day.

20 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Urchins - I know Wembley is a huge stadium however I'm sure Uncle Urchin would have been spotted a mile off had he been in attendance as he stands out from a crowd in more ways than one, besides why would Unc go to the Final 'incognito' as he can hold his head sky high for everything he did for the Club back in the day.

You've had your answer.

Perhaps you'd best leave it at that otherwise some people might begin to suspect that the real reason for you to post on here was not really to extend your congratulations.

On 28/05/2021 at 10:33, Rhodes said:

Rhodes thanks for your congratulations on our success. You may wish to look at today's edition of the Romford Recorder as there are quite a few pictures from the final in their commemorative pull-out celebrating the Clubs memorable achievement and you may be able to spot UU in one of them?

Edited by Hasbeen