Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Margate v Enfield Town

seemgee

I can guess/assume the following old towner

1 There are very few posters on here

2 I assumed based on this very few were at the game on Saturday.

3 Have heard that we tired towards the end of the game.....think in the Enfield Town twitter feed.....should make Tuesday night interesting as BS scored a hatful on Saturday against admittedly bottom of the table Leatherhead.

4  Think at this rate if we didn't get to the game then the official report will have to do.

Here's hoping for a solid performance Tuesday before a huge game on Saturday.

Ok I understand that we tired down  is that due to lack of fitness of the team lack of training or something else, do we not have enough players to cover? 

8 games into the season and no regular reports 

I can see Bishop Stortford running rings round us  we need this to stop 

am I the only one again to see the problems 

prove me wrong guys !! Now 

Hi OT,I don't think I can answer many of your concerns but would make this view on team fitness.

I can't comment on training methods having not seen any sessions. But I will make this observation on what our method of play may have in relation to the team's loss of energy in the last part of a game. It is based on the published findings made by sports scientist abroad. Which have formed the basis of my criticism of the long ball form of play ever since  

It may come as  a surprise to some that, following clinical trials, they showed showed that a short inter passing game used less energy than that of continued long ball chasing. Because medically it was found that the former help the body to produce more adrenaline and serotonin than the latter. Both are hormones which help to give us a lift and a feeling of well being which, with other senses, help to create more energy. Although the latter is still a recognised tool when use correctly.

In other words keeping the ball makes you feel good whereas chasing long balls creates anxiety. Sounds simple but remember we are always being told football is a "physically" game. The initiated use the word "physical" in its every meaning.

"Conclusion... long balls used sparingly, especially last third of the game, and retain more possession of the ball.... and use up less energy. Also watch your weight and BMI if you want to play on!!!!!

3 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Hi OT,I don't think I can answer many of your concerns but would make this view on team fitness.

I can't comment on training methods having not seen any sessions. But I will make this observation on what our method of play may have in relation to the team's loss of energy in the last part of a game. It is based on the published findings made by sports scientist abroad. Which have formed the basis of my criticism of the long ball form of play ever since  

It may come as  a surprise to some that, following clinical trials, they showed showed that a short inter passing game used less energy than that of continued long ball chasing. Because medically it was found that the former help the body to produce more adrenaline and serotonin than the latter. Both are hormones which help to give us a lift and a feeling of well being which, with other senses, help to create more energy. Although the latter is still a recognised tool when use correctly.

In other words keeping the ball makes you feel good whereas chasing long balls creates anxiety. Sounds simple but remember we are always being told football is a "physically" game. The initiated use the word "physical" in its every meaning.

"Conclusion... long balls used sparingly, especially last third of the game, and retain more possession of the ball.... and use up less energy. Also watch your weight and BMI if you want to play on!!!!!

This guy didn’t worry about his weight or BMI?

William Henry "Fatty" Foulke (12 April 1874 – 1 May 1916; sometimes spelled Foulk, Foulkes) was an English professional cricketer and football player. Foulke was renowned for his great size (6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)[1] by some estimates) and weight, reaching perhaps 24 stones (152 kg; 336 lb) at the end of his career.

11 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Yes Andy but he died at 42. Mind he could have been in the first world war.

Official cause of death was 'Cirrhosis '; suggests he was fond of a sherbert or two