Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ARE WE THE WHOLE PACKAGE ?

littlehampton

Tomorrow (Saturday) Town travel to Fetcham to play Leatherhead in the Isthmian Premier Division, on the back of a very impressive performance and 2-0 win against League leaders Kingstonian at the QEII Stadium, earlier in the week, which lifted us up to third in the table.

Think it would be fair to say The Tanners have not made the best of starts to the new season and, after their 2-3 away defeat at Bognor on Tuesday evening, are currently bottom of the IPD table, with just 4 points from nine matches. Leatherhead have lost five of their last six matches, including a 7-0 defeat at Bishops Stortford. Their home defeats include Wingate & Finchley (1-2), Carshalton Athletic (0-3), and Worthing (0-4).

Town are playing well, and would hope to collect three points from this match, against a side at the wrong end of the table. This is a match where we need to show our quality and ambition, avoid a banana-skin, and confirm we are the whole package this season.

Good luck everyone. See you there. Let's hear plenty of noisy support and encouragement for Andy and our team.

'COME ON THE TOWN'

Interesting question LH. The answer is that we don't yet know. 

What we do know is that when we play well there are fewer posts and when we play badly there are tons. On that basis I'm not surprised that our brilliant win against Kingstonians elicited relatively few posts.

12 hours ago, behind-the-goal said:

Interesting question LH. The answer is that we don't yet know. 

What we do know is that when we play well there are fewer posts and when we play badly there are tons. On that basis I'm not surprised that our brilliant win against Kingstonians elicited relatively few posts.

1 x 7 = 7

2 x 7 = 14

3 x 7 = 21

4 x 7 = 28

5 x 7 = 34

No one will mention the first four, but they certainly let me know I got the last one wrong.

54 minutes ago, Bottoms Up said:

Too busy thinking of negativity and how he can twist a blame on Andy Leese for only being 3dd because we’ve played more games than those below us 

come on i think that is below the belt  4wf has more football knowage in his little finger than you have

if you dont like his views ... dont reed them !

This is a forum we can comment on subjets be it good or bad its the writers opinions ..

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE 

This has been quite a week for The Town. We have played and defeated two Surrey sides in Isthmian Premier Division fixtures, one top, one bottom of the table, have scored 5 goals in the process, and kept two clean sheets.

Yesterday, Towners who made the trip to Fetcham Grove, saw Andy Leese's players deliver a very impressive, totally dominant performance, and a well deserved win. Apart from the early missed penalty, Town could, and should, have quite easily doubled the final score, with the number of chances created which somehow went begging. You could be forgiven for thinking the Tanners got off lightly. They did !

Town are on a roll, and with two important league fixtures this week at the QE2 Stadium, Wingate & Finchley on Tuesday evening, and Worthing next Saturday, we have a great chance to extend our unbeaten home record, and maintain our serious challenge for the play-offs or beyond.

If Town continue to show the desire, the work ethic, the skillset, displayed against pace-setters Kingstonian earlier in the week, and Leatherhead yesterday, anything is possible this season. I find that pretty exciting ... don't you ??

Keep the faith. See you Tuesday evening.   COYT

To Cor: I say very pleased. See my post on the reports of the Leatherhead games.

To BU I say, putting your words into other peoples mouths makes a very one sided conversation!!

To both of you I also say, I am finding it difficult to make any worthwhile comments just now as I am otherwise physically engaged. Which leaves me laying around for a few days. 

However, it might surprise you both but I am pleased that someone has changed his stance as to the best way for us to play.  In fact I may be feeling a little smug because, together with my fellow believers, he may have seen the light.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals
To precis some content

Couldn’t make it to Leatherhead in time but saw Bognor scrape a win at Cheshunt and there was nothing there to worry us and they are second… If we keep our front four fit I think we are certainties for at least a play off place and can see us challenging for the title… In the past I have never been a Andy Leese fan but somehow someway he has got a quality team together and an attacking style that will break open any defence… absolutely no negative comments from me as long as we keep up this approach… 

12 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Couldn’t make it to Leatherhead in time but saw Bognor scrape a win at Cheshunt and there was nothing there to worry us and they are second… If we keep our front four fit I think we are certainties for at least a play off place and can see us challenging for the title… In the past I have never been a Andy Leese fan but somehow someway he has got a quality team together and an attacking style that will break open any defence… absolutely no negative comments from me as long as we keep up this approach… 

Agree with Theodopolous. Albeit only 9 games in Andy has assembled a blend of experience and youth.

contrary to previous postings from contributors on here stating ‘no one wants to play for him’ we’ve seen Lyle DV, Mo, Billy all returning having disappeared for one reason or another.

The team spirit looks be be excellent too. The only difficulty is keeping players like Cunnington Bricknell,  Harold J, Youngs and Taffe happy when sitting on the bench. Bet that’s not a cheap Subs Bench either

Above all it’s about positivity breeding positivity from supporters to boardroom from Stewards to the Management team. 

Fingers Crossed for this Tuesday and Saturday 

7 hours ago, Bottoms Up said:

Agree with Theodopolous. Albeit only 9 games in Andy has assembled a blend of experience and youth.

contrary to previous postings from contributors on here stating ‘no one wants to play for him’ we’ve seen Lyle DV, Mo, Billy all returning having disappeared for one reason or another.

The team spirit looks be be excellent too. The only difficulty is keeping players like Cunnington Bricknell,  Harold J, Youngs and Taffe happy when sitting on the bench. Bet that’s not a cheap Subs Bench either

Above all it’s about positivity breeding positivity from supporters to boardroom from Stewards to the Management team. 

Fingers Crossed for this Tuesday and Saturday 

Like Theo, I have only wanted a change of direction in the teams pattern of play so that they could show their full potential. This is now happening and from what I have read has resulted in  making everyone, including me,  buoyant.

In passing, I may be wrong BU, but I don't recognise anyone writing " no one wants to play for him ". I suppose it depends on how you decide to construe their words!!

Also if you have ever played you would know that points from games in hand are meaningless unless achieved. Consequently again your assumption of my thought process is way off. 

But let's not dwell on the past but enjoy the moment for as long may it lasts. To a good outcome...??.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals
To amend content