Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Carshalton Athletic

seemgee

47 minutes ago, Rebel without a clue said:

Let’s hope the defence can keep them out

And they did!

The Predicted Table makes interesting reading now -> Click here!

(I reckon the Worthing v Lewes play-off semi-final would have a decent crowd!)

Edited by The Crowing Cockerel

A very enjoyable night ... yes I've seen better games of football, but really pleased with the outcome .. and feeling confident!

Was surprised we started with an unchanged XI given the potential tiredness ..  and we started poorly .. they were all over us at the start before taking the lead .. we couldnt seem to hold onto the ball, and their game plan was working

A few of our players were losing their footing - the opposition werent? 

(BTW the Carshalton away kit was luminous yellow and disgusting - even though I try to buy all Enfield kits, think I wouldnt if that was ours! They looked like highlighter pens!)

Surprisingly, I didnt feel overly concerned when we went behind- this squad feels like it has the determination .. and we started coming back into it with some free kicks/corners (and Lee Chappell long throws - adds another dimension to our game and takes pressure off the defence)- a double sam youngs header and some other chances .. before Nathan Smith smashed it home just before half time .. 

The early 2nd half goal was finished well by Mo .. and we did create quite a few chances - Mo & Cass came close, as did LDV - it just didn't land right for him 

And we didn't allow them many chances either, to secure the 3 pts ..

Cass is a revelation up front - tireless running, great link up play, knows where the goal is .. PK ran non stop, .. felt for Lyle who had to track back a bit so didnt get as involved ..

When you consider we were missing, Joseph, Muleba, Maja, and Josh U - you realise what a good squad we have .. 

Based on LS comment above, I dug out our programme from 26.1.17 )v burgess hill) to compare where we are at 

We were in 5th 

P29 W12 D11 L6 (with 24 teams in league v 22 today)  vs today of   

P27 W16 D5 L6 sitting in 2nd place.

Is this team better than Brad's .. too early to say but it could be .... ? 

And based on the predicted table link above, I assume this is based on the end of season run ins .. if you look at ours, after Hornchurch on Mar 12th, we dont have any more games against promotion chasing sides ... 

I do think we have a tendency to panic at the back - whilst a lot of teams we play are far calmer on the ball in defence - really miss Josh in my view - and I think a ball playing CB would be a great addition .. but overall think we are in good shape, getting the crowds and vocal support - great time to be an Enfield fan!

Yet again our keyboard warriors are shying from comments.

I agree with raingod, not the sexiest of games on Tuesday night, very tired looking from the start, on the back foot and genuinely looked like we were suffering from fatigue.

Cass again showed his worth by chipping in a cross from an impossible position, Carshalton half cleared to Nathan who volleyed in, 1-1 HT game on.

Amazing turnaround for the 2nd half , I thought we dominated, it was Cass again who headed on to Faal from a Chapple throw, it was a Characteristic Mo finish, it was out of nothing and a toe poke, brilliant improvisation from our striker .

Couldve/Should’ve scored a third and made the game safer, nonetheless 3pts won now moving on to Saturday.

I still think Quintons team was a better one but I see Andy as the better Manager, cuter and tactically more astute.

Very difficult to play on the deck Tuesday night, the pitch looked bobbly and worn, not a problem with long high balls very effective with Cass and Cunnington at our disposal 

On 28/01/2022 at 17:39, Bottoms Up said:

Yet again our keyboard warriors are shying from comments.

I agree with raingod, not the sexiest of games on Tuesday night, very tired looking from the start, on the back foot and genuinely looked like we were suffering from fatigue.

Cass again showed his worth by chipping in a cross from an impossible position, Carshalton half cleared to Nathan who volleyed in, 1-1 HT game on.

Amazing turnaround for the 2nd half , I thought we dominated, it was Cass again who headed on to Faal from a Chapple throw, it was a Characteristic Mo finish, it was out of nothing and a toe poke, brilliant improvisation from our striker .

Couldve/Should’ve scored a third and made the game safer, nonetheless 3pts won now moving on to Saturday.

I still think Quintons team was a better one but I see Andy as the better Manager, cuter and tactically more astute.

Very difficult to play on the deck Tuesday night, the pitch looked bobbly and worn, not a problem with long high balls very effective with Cass and Cunnington at our disposal 

I would rather see good build up play use the wing a lot more .....but if long balls is your thing then let’s see who in midfield do we loose for another defender 

7 hours ago, Bottoms Up said:

What are you talking about?

You want a long ball from keeper / defence to forward line  ,,,, yes ?... I just mentioned I’d like to see a bit more play including the midfield 

8 hours ago, old towner said:

You want a long ball from keeper / defence to forward line  ,,,, yes ?... I just mentioned I’d like to see a bit more play including the midfield 

Ahhh I understand.

At the moment I’m happy seeing long ball played well and good players executing it well. 

however with players like Percy K and Youngs, Lyle D, Coker we aren’t short of ballers plus 2 lethal front men in Mo/Cass

More than happy 

Pleased I made it a bit more understandable  I know there are many supporters who like Adam Cunnington I’m not a big fan of his ....... not to say he does work a little  but also is very lazy and arguing a lot 

Question  does anyone else find that our 3 strikers  do not pass to each other if a better chance was there , they try and  do it all alone ???

1 hour ago, old towner said:

Pleased I made it a bit more understandable  I know there are many supporters who like Adam Cunnington I’m not a big fan of his ....... not to say he does work a little  but also is very lazy and arguing a lot 

Question  does anyone else find that our 3 strikers  do not pass to each other if a better chance was there , they try and  do it all alone ???

Did you watch the Horsham highlights (for one example)? Fooled me when Mo passed to Cass. I was far too late panning across to get the shot: all I got was an out-of-focus Cass on his knees.

On 01/02/2022 at 16:49, old towner said:

Not at all, Cass Cunnington and Mo have numerously assisted each other and as for Lyle he’s assisted loads, we’re joint top goal scorers of the Division and now have Bilal on board to score even more.

Our forwards are fine and work as a team more so now than pre December