Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Horsham

seemgee

Another good result, momentum building nicely! And a decent crowd for a mid-week match which is good to see.

Just listened to the Manager’s thoughts on the game on Twitter. Being able to attend only a few games a season, I find these interviews a really helpful way of keeping in touch with what is going on. I’ve heard similar updates from other club managers and consider that Andy Leese comes across very well compared to his peers. His thoughts are always clear and concise and I am sure this is replicated in the dressing room and on the training ground. Keep up the good work!!

Strange game really.

We started out in what looked like 4 3 3....I thought Horsham were disappointing 1st half even though Nathan was called into one very good save where their attacker should have scored.

Andre took his goal very well with an awkward bouncing ball out of the air and slotted away well.   Adam I think won virtually every header all night and did well to feed off Andre's shot for the 2nd goal.

2nd half we came out half asleep and Horsham had us under siege for some time, However, Nathan wasn't called into action that much and Horsham looked less dangerous than I thought they would be.   

Bilal had 2 very good chances shortly after coming on and hit the post with his second.    We really should have put the game to bed earlier and Sam was unlucky to lob the keeper and find the left back covering to clear.

Overall a steady display.  Both teams would have been unhappy with the referee on a number of occasions(no change there).

If we could hold onto the ball better instead of retreating further into our own penalty box it would have made much more comfortable viewing but we probably deserved the win.

The last two results have surprised (and pleased) me..I thought we were starting to struggle this season and could only see a mid to bottom half finish..The lack of goals was a big worry but 7 in the last two games is encouraging. Well done to Andy and the team on the turn around since the Canvey away game. Let's hope we can build on this rather than yo-yo from a couple good performances to a couple poor one's again.

Edited by lovely stuff

16 minutes ago, Tom S said:

I was going to write that it's a report worthy of Talk of the Town End at its finest, but, on reflection, I don't think we ever reached those heights.

Quite agree. My first reaction was "wish I'd written that"!