Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A23

rebelbrewer

I think we need to wait and see too....on the face of it the positives for me are as follows:

- Scott is building a young hungry team, he isn't afraid to give youth a chance and this fits nicely with the new owners

- They are not a big backer with little knowledge of football. They should know non-league very well and be very comfortable with the pressures involved and also what is needed without being big and bust

- We will gain access to the better players from a top Academy, Gabe and Imran are currently showing what talent is out there. I also believe they may have been involved with the lad that just signed for Watford recently (sure i saw something on twitter)

One thought from me is that they are owning 95%. This seems a very specific number when a majority could be less but perhaps ties in with their plans, maybe they will bring in investment in the furture whilst still maintaining a majority?? who knows

18 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

As much as I want answers immediately I think we all need to wait for them to release a statement as Scott states… then we can rip them apart!

Is that a formal invitation?😉 - not that I need one.

I am only here to make sure the best is done by the club - sometimes that needs awkward questions being asked to tease out the truth.

2 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Is that a formal invitation?😉 - not that I need one.

I am only here to make sure the best is done by the club - sometimes that needs awkward questions being asked to tease out the truth.

I would expect you to be first in the queue! No one is expecting silly money to be invested, personally I’d like to see suitable investment into the first team squad that allows us to sign more players of the calibre  of Amartey and Eweka so us fans can look forward to competing at the top end rather than our current position. I’m also hoping some of the new board members have some professional/experience in marketing/promoting the club to get the crowds back in.

2 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

I would expect you to be first in the queue! No one is expecting silly money to be invested, personally I’d like to see suitable investment into the first team squad that allows us to sign more players of the calibre  of Amartey and Eweka so us fans can look forward to competing at the top end rather than our current position. I’m also hoping some of the new board members have some professional/experience in marketing/promoting the club to get the crowds back in.

I don't think anyone is expecting silly money because quite plainly the new owners haven't got 'silly money'.

But apart from access to their academy players I think the least supporters should expect from new owners is for them to put a decent amount of money into the club to strengthen the squad.

Whether that's now or during the close season.

BTW do we know if A23 intend to remain with Beaconsfield as well as owning STFC?  

Edited by Reading Rebel

Looking at companies house, they don`t seem like they have too much money? As somebody else said, hopefully they`ve had a very good last two years, otherwise I cant see there being much investment in the squad. Making use of the academy is obviously a good thing though. 

I look forward to the further statement, which will hopefully put a lot of peoples minds at ease. 

I must say I'm underwhelmed by this takeover. It feels like more of the same, than having the necessary clout to lead the club up the tables but I'm willing to put my doubts aside, to see what they propose to do with Slough Town Football Club. I'm amazed it's taken so long to announce this,though, as i was expecting so much more.

Anyway, on a positive note, least there will be some new ideas coming into the club and the tie in with education could be a significant part of the structure over the coming seasons, which may provide plenty of sources to untapped talent.      

Edited by 3spirit

47 minutes ago, Tristan_STFC said:

Looking at companies house, they don`t seem like they have too much money? As somebody else said, hopefully they`ve had a very good last two years, otherwise I cant see there being much investment in the squad. Making use of the academy is obviously a good thing though. 

I look forward to the further statement, which will hopefully put a lot of peoples minds at ease. 

You can read very little into their published accounts. They take advantage of the total exemption accounts rule to only publish a balance sheet so there is no profit or loss or cashflow information. You can have a turnover of up to £10million and up to £5million value on the balance sheet - so they could be a very healthy business. You can see from the deferred income line that the business was profitable but very little else.

I want to know more but at least we know these guys.

3 hours ago, Scott Davies said:

Just to put everyone’s minds at rest, it’s a good deal for the club. Once they’ve gained approval, another statement will go out regarding the finer details. I don’t think that they can say too much right now which is understandable.

They’ve certainly been a great sounding board for me along with the current board in the past few weeks. Everyone holds A23 in such high regard from a footballing point of view, so to be able to utilise their crop of young players also will be great for us as a management team.

Ive seen comments regarding us building a team of A23 players, that won’t be the case. It’ll be handpicking the better ones who can make the step up, like your Alfonso’s, Gabe’s, Imran’s, etc…

Onto Saturday! 😀

As ever thanks Scott.

I personally think its a good thing knowing what I do about A23, the guys involved and what they can bring to the club.

Here's to a bright future! 👍

1 hour ago, 3spirit said:

I must say I'm underwhelmed by this takeover. It feels like more of the same, than having the necessary clout to lead the club up the tables but I'm willing to put my doubts aside, to see what they propose to do with Slough Town Football Club. I'm amazed it's taken so long to announce this,though, as i was expecting so much more.

Anyway, on a positive note, least there will be some new ideas coming into the club and the tie in with education could be a significant part of the structure over the coming seasons, which may provide plenty of sources to untapped talent.      

Blimey let them in the door first!!! Surely you weren’t expecting an Arab takeover were you? Let’s see what they have to say first and you never know we may be surprised. Personally if they can up the budget to make us competitive at the top end plus we get to cherry pick the best academy players and if there’s some solid business/marketing expertise within the new board then that’s a big win for me.

7 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

As I stated - "with 1000 shares - 950 owned by A23 and 25 each by Mike and Kay - total share value £100 - i.e. each share is worth £0.10"

NO CORRECTION NEEDED!

Were you Kwasi Kwartengs financial adviser?

You obviousy do not understand the difference between the nominal value and the worth of an ordinary share and are pleased to let all the members of this forum know.

2 hours ago, rebelbrewer said:

You can read very little into their published accounts. They take advantage of the total exemption accounts rule to only publish a balance sheet so there is no profit or loss or cashflow information. You can have a turnover of up to £10million and up to £5million value on the balance sheet - so they could be a very healthy business. You can see from the deferred income line that the business was profitable but very little else.

Hi Rebelbrewer,

Are you an accountant? If so, could you please explain to me what those numbers in brackets down the bottom against the ‘Profit & loss account’ & ‘Shareholders funds’ mean, & are those numbers in brackets being bigger in 2021 than 2020 a good thing?

If there business model is based on signing up x amount of players that they get college funding for its very similar to a model that helps support a National League team, but that chairman is also not one of the wealthiest to the best of my knowledge. 

The budget will be intriguing and hopefully one that lets Scott be competitive. 

20 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

So if A23 have bought a 95% share of the club, I’m wondering what the agreed price would have been (obviously we won’t be told that!) plus more intriguing, does that sale money go to the current 4 directors or back into the club or elsewhere?

If a limited company is sold, the liabilities of the company are transferred across to the new owner.

3 hours ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

What can they bring to the club in your opinion Donny?

Well obviously this is just my humble view and based on what I've seen, heard first hand and have noticed over the years involving some of the guys involved in A23.

I guess we've got to look at this with two heads; both the Business side and the footballing side and the group have obviously got a business sense about them given what they are involved with, what they've done elsewhere and what I guess we are all hoping they are going to bring to Slough Town.  The drive from them that they want to be involved with the club in the first place and the fact the current board/committee have gone with them to help drive us forward,(I can only assume there is a business plan/presentation/capital involved) hopefully turns out to be a good thing, time will tell.

I've seen Ash over a number of years via both my kids football where they've been to camps/training days and so on and I've always been impressed with the level of coaching and detail involved with their staff at all times, I know numerous other parents that have been as well.  This has then in turn I guess led to the formation of A23 over time or certainly played a part in it as we see it now and I know that when my son was looking at Academy's to hopefully try/impress via assessments days/training sessions/interviews and so on, the guys at Cox Green's Academy which was run/overseen by Ash were excellent and my lad gave them serious consideration to join after they made him a full time offer.(He went elsewhere in the end but that was down to a couple of other factors and certainly no reflection on them, they were a close second out of all four full time Academy offers he received)

I also then saw what and how the set up worked about 18 months ago when A23 was at the club; my lad who was captain of Ashford at the time played against the A23 U19s and I can honestly say they were the best side I've seen at that level for donkey's years.  Well drilled, coached and super fit against a very good Ashford side who had a brilliant first half of the season in the Isthmian Youth League and won three matches in the FA Youth Cup but they were miles off them and Ashford were playing against the likes of Wealdstone's, Hampton and Richmond's, Boreham Wood's and Bedfont's Academy sides so a decent level of youth football.  I guess we saw some of the benefits at Slough as some of the A23s started to break through and impressed last season and were signed to the club before then the split last summer if that's the best way to describe it.

I've heard the set up at Beaconsfield is really good and again I've been told that youth players from A23 have broken through there and some have gone out on loan elsewhere so I guess I'm saying that the spotting/coaching of future talents is a real strong point of theirs which surely bodes well for us going forward and the joining up of the current youth set up at Slough(some good lads in the U18s both midweek and Sundays) to then feed into the U19s and U23s and hopefully 1st team.

I can only see this as a positive for us.