Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay v ETFC

dwhe

Great result, and would have been a great afternoon out, but...

Support is one thing, but out of control, drunk minors, fuelled by god knows what else, spurred on by equally pathetic 30/40 year olds, singing "Do you take it up the a**e" to the Billericay  physio does ETFC no credit whatsoever!

Embarrassing.

Would love to hear what the board think?

Football: The last few games have been fantastic to watch, consistently good performances in all areas of the pitch. There's a real fight and determination in this team. Well balanced and quality in depth. 

Atmosphere: 90% great, but the sexist chants mentioned above undoes everything that, I believe, the club stands for. It's an embarrassment. I thought those attitudes and songs had been consigned to the dustbin.

Also, a minor point about the flares. The singing stops when they come out while everyone catches their breathe or leaves the area. 

1 hour ago, symptomless said:

Football: The last few games have been fantastic to watch, consistently good performances in all areas of the pitch. There's a real fight and determination in this team. Well balanced and quality in depth. 

Atmosphere: 90% great, but the sexist chants mentioned above undoes everything that, I believe, the club stands for. It's an embarrassment. I thought those attitudes and songs had been consigned to the dustbin.

Also, a minor point about the flares. The singing stops when they come out while everyone catches their breathe or leaves the area. 

Thank you...anyone else like to comment, or just pretend it didn't happen?

Did not go yesterday and opened this to read about the fantastic result, only to feel gutted by the reports of abuse. The club has worked so hard to get where they are. It’s up to every true supporter to call out this behaviour and do everything possible to expel these individuals.

Positive response fron the Board 👍🏻, glad I kicked up the fuss...

Now let's hope for action and improvement 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, andyetfc said:

Time to name and shame and make an example of the idiots. No point in the club trying to improve both on and off the field when some believe they can do what they want at the game and think it’s acceptable. Just think what possible future sponsors would think of this behaviour?

Andy, I am with you all the way on this one. Town are having a wonderful season, and it will be an absolute crying shame if some idiots are allowed to tarnish the image and reputation of our Club, by sexist chanting, home or away, against members of the opposite sex. It is totally unacceptable, and our Board are to be congratulated on issuing a strong statement, addressing the situation, and making it clear that it will not be tolerated, now or in the future.

3 hours ago, littlehampton said:

Andy, I am with you all the way on this one. Town are having a wonderful season, and it will be an absolute crying shame if some idiots are allowed to tarnish the image and reputation of our Club, by sexist chanting, home or away, against members of the opposite sex. It is totally unacceptable, and our Board are to be congratulated on issuing a strong statement, addressing the situation, and making it clear that it will not be tolerated, now or in the future.

Would any females want to attend the first team game being promoted to attract them if they hear of this ‘bad news item?’ I fear not.

Have to ask the identified if they d be happy if this was sung about their mum/ sister/daughter.

Probably get a stupid reply.

As stated before this isnt great just before the day to increase female fans.

Hope the club make an example of them.

Saying the other club shouldnt serve beer is a poor excuse.

Do better Towners.

Saw the result on Saturday but only heard about this disgraceful behaviour when I saw the Board's press statement today.  I cannot believe that our supporters would chant such vile things to anyone, let only a teenage girl!  I remember the disgust of many ETFC fans when one of our younger female fans who was selling 50:50 tickets at an away game at one of our near neighbours (Essex based) many years ago, was on the end of some foul chanting, and now some of our own stoop to this level.  I thought things were looking worse at the end of our play off semi last season with abuse being hurled towards ex-Towner players and even the threat of physical violence spilling onto the pitch.  I hope our club deals with this problem in the correct manner.  Let's hope that this Saturday's game being one for the local community can see the better side of ETFC.