Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction League - 2023/24 - please confirm if you want to rejoin (or join for the first time)

Jago

Due to unexpected (and indeed unprecedented) demand, we will be back for another year.  Oh Lord.   Yes I know it's still the cricket season but one has to get prepared.

The first match week will be September 9th to enable 14 game-weeks and 2 play-off weeks to complete on 23 Dec.

Can you confirm back on here if you wish to rejoin.  Or if you want to start playing for the first time.  All welcome.  Then I can work out division sizes etc, and also think up some new rules to try and get my relegation quashed.

Nb I'm gonna insist new joiners use the forum for predictions as direct messaging is too stressful for an old bloke.  Plus you can then get involved in the bantz - should there be any.

Pay what you want as normal - it all helps the club.  (£10 or £20 is the normal donation).  We handed over £240 yesterday at the AGM - not a fortune but every little helps.  No hurry for this, but I will track you down eventually.

So far I have confirmations from the following - so no need for you lot to clog up the forum

Mysterious Nick (paid)
MikeMike (paid)
CuppaTea (paid)
UrchinYid (paid)
Ozz  (free go if he wants as Spring champion)
Paul C (free go if he wants as surprise Winter champion)
Dinamo Urchin
Mick The Bat
COYS 1961
Clive
Luke XIX
Urchin Queen
Baby Jago
Jago

TTFN
Jago

2 hours ago, Dinamo Urchin said:

Surprisingly, I read Jago's post and wasn't going to respond as requested so as not to clog up the forum.

However, I can't have Jordan stealing the West Brom tag - that's mine.

Unusual attention to detail there Dinamo.  Yes of course you retain the privilege of changing the fixture description to "The Albion" every time I write "West Brom".

Jordan can be Norwich.

Actually Adrian is Mr YoYo.  I think he's swapped divisions every season except the last one when he made a push for the Wooden Spoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the replies - and welcome to Old Urchin - you'll fit right in!  Can you give me a team name please. 

Currently we have 23 which equals our record - but still time to sign up.  Cut-off is Friday 1st Sep so I can get the fixtures out that weekend.

@Adrian83  - Good to see you've got your login back - can you or @DiamondGeezer0909 check with Mojo if he wants to rejoin as I don't have any method of contacting him.  Ta very much.

Meanwhile...

On 04/08/2023 at 08:51, Wivenhoe Urchin said:

I'm retiring from the prediction league.

I still have the wooden spoon trophy, do I get to keep it 😆 

Well - this is the end of an era.  A legend of the game. A FOUR TIME WINNER - twice of the overall championship, and twice of the Wooden Spoon 😎 A record that will possibly never be beaten!   Plus an enormous collection of Fat Tom alarm clocks. You'll be missed.

And yes - you can keep the wooden spoon trophy but will obvs have to provide a new one for your successor; a Lego or Meccano one will be fine.

21 hours ago, Jago said:

Many thanks for the replies - and welcome to Old Urchin - you'll fit right in!  Can you give me a team name please. 

Currently we have 23 which equals our record - but still time to sign up.  Cut-off is Friday 1st Sep so I can get the fixtures out that weekend.

@Adrian83  - Good to see you've got your login back - can you or @DiamondGeezer0909 check with Mojo if he wants to rejoin as I don't have any method of contacting him.  Ta very much.

Meanwhile...

Well - this is the end of an era.  A legend of the game. A FOUR TIME WINNER - twice of the overall championship, and twice of the Wooden Spoon 😎 A record that will possibly never be beaten!   Plus an enormous collection of Fat Tom alarm clocks. You'll be missed.

And yes - you can keep the wooden spoon trophy but will obvs have to provide a new one for your successor; a Lego or Meccano one will be fine.

Seaside Urchin will do. I am not too imaginative lol

Mr D's better half (Señorita D?) is now signed up so we have 24.  A record.   Any more and there will be relegation reprieves which frankly nobody wants (except Blackballed and Mick The Bat).  

But as we are an inclusive orgaisation and we love both B'balled and Mick (well some do), keep them entries coming.   I'm assuming Mojo is a "no" for now.