Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Tonbridge Angeles

Sir Rebel1965

8 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Can you read Nathan?! I did state for you not to get upset not myself! You obviously took offence by my harmless question didn’t you? If you don’t like what I write or my opinion then jog on and don’t respond.

You asked why hasn't Steve Easterbrook attended a game since he left. I said it could be for 100 reasons, and asked why it was important. You haven't answered, but instead accused me of rambling. 

Show me where I've been upset and I'll concede the point. But as far as I'm concerned the only thing I'm "upset" about is your immaturity and inability to make points constructively. 

2 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

The question is, on the one hand paying out to buy in players, yet rumours we have the second lowest budget in the league - so where is the consistency?

What I want is a football club which runs to a budget which is realistic and can be funded in the long-term – a model Steve Easterbrook executed with skill.

We will have to wait and see if the new owners have the same skill.

A one off fee for a player, which in all probability wasn't a big fee, is a lot different to signing players on high wages.

2 hours ago, Richierebel1 said:

Sir rebel, I'm not saying anything we all don't know already, but we don't own the ground, Steve did a great job on getting us back into the town, however not only do we not own our ground the tenancy that Steve agreed was the council get 50% of profits from the food and bar, yet Kay and others do an incredible amount of work voluntary yet the council get half of all that. So where are the owners going to get their money for the budget? Realistically we will be one of the smaller budgets in the league. 

50% negotiated with the council for a discounted rent because our volunteers run AP which saves the council a lot of money in manpower. 

Yes exactly reading Rebel, I was just trying to explain why it would be hard to attract owners with lots of money as it's not an attractive acquisition with those terms which I why our budget could be one of the smallest in the league. Thus from what I can see from the outside looking in, is that they are trying to build the foundations whilst still trying to keep us in this league. 

10 minutes ago, Richierebel1 said:

Yes exactly reading Rebel, I was just trying to explain why it would be hard to attract owners with lots of money as it's not an attractive acquisition with those terms which I why our budget could be one of the smallest in the league. Thus from what I can see from the outside looking in, is that they are trying to build the foundations whilst still trying to keep us in this league. 

The thing is we have 3 owners and none of us really know how wealthy they are.

12 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I think I've seen Steve once at an away game, might have been Eastbourne.

The thing is for a true fan like Steve there must be a good reason why he doesn't attend games anymore.

He wasn’t that local to Slough when chairman, but I believe he’s moved even further away now. 

37 minutes ago, Nathan said:

You asked why hasn't Steve Easterbrook attended a game since he left. I said it could be for 100 reasons, and asked why it was important. You haven't answered, but instead accused me of rambling. 

Show me where I've been upset and I'll concede the point. But as far as I'm concerned the only thing I'm "upset" about is your immaturity and inability to make points constructively. 

Bore off Nathan I’m fed up replying to you now, you’re really no fun are you.

40 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

A one off fee for a player, which in all probability wasn't a big fee, is a lot different to signing players on high wages.

Pretty sure it was a 4 figure fee so no not extortionate by any means. But it shows our owners are prepared to stump up the cash if required and hopefully will do again this week.

16 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

The thing is we have 3 owners and none of us really know how wealthy they are.

Isn’t one of them a CEO of an international Pharmaceutical company? Need I say more?

Reading, that's my point I've been trying to make, it wasn't even a year ago the old board were putting out statements denying the money was about to run out. Of course it would be lovely to know that they are millionaires but whose to say they are going to invest that in the club? From what I have seen they are doing things differently, structuring the club slightly differently with all the youth and academy teams. Gaining sponsors and putting the club out to the community and involving many schools and parents. 

Anyway let's get a result tomorrow, we can all start pulling in the same direction again then! 

14 minutes ago, Richierebel1 said:

Reading, that's my point I've been trying to make, it wasn't even a year ago the old board were putting out statements denying the money was about to run out. Of course it would be lovely to know that they are millionaires but whose to say they are going to invest that in the club? From what I have seen they are doing things differently, structuring the club slightly differently with all the youth and academy teams. Gaining sponsors and putting the club out to the community and involving many schools and parents. 

Anyway let's get a result tomorrow, we can all start pulling in the same direction again then! 

Problem for any investor is there’s nothing to gain back from us as we don’t own the stadium and never likely to. So all 3 could be millionaires but why would they throw their money away? By the looks of it they’re trying to be sustainable and grow the club commercially even if it takes a few years. But it’s still vital we stay at this level otherwise all the work already undertaken would be a waste of time and effort.

There are plenty of non-league clubs whose owners are willing and able, for whatever motives, to bankroll their clubs even though they do not own their grounds. Sometimes it ends in tears, sometimes it doesn't. Slough Town didn't own the Dolphin Stadium (of which incidentally there are some good photographs in the new Groundtastic book) but I don't think even the most naïve of us thought that players of the quality of those we saw in the late 60's/early 70's signed for us because their wives liked the local shops. 

I was fortunate to have met and chatted with Steve Easterbrook a couple of times when I was still officially involved with Horsham. I recall him saying quite openly that he didn't intend to stay as Chairman at Slough forever because he had plenty of other things he wished to do with his life.  I think all/most of us would agree that the club was damn lucky that he cam along when he did.