Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Tonbridge Angeles

Sir Rebel1965

On 04/09/2023 at 22:20, GlenSTFC said:

Never realised we paid a fee for Matt, is that 100% true? Shame it never worked out for him with us.

I thought Matt Miller was a very good player in his first spell with us and enhanced our front line at the time. He returned for a second stint at our club when Slough were struggling and lacked money to bring in the best but by then he was nowhere near the player he had been,however he was still one of the nicest players to talk with and I found Matt a gent, which I can't say for every footballer I've come across.

On 04/09/2023 at 22:38, Reading Rebel said:

I think I've seen Steve once at an away game, might have been Eastbourne.

The thing is for a true fan like Steve there must be a good reason why he doesn't attend games anymore.

I don't like to tittle tattle but the last time I saw Steve at a game I thought he looked unwell, so as we all have to age and invariably get some problem or other, things might not be as straightfoward as has been suggested.

I don't like the insinuation that Steve isn't a true Slough fan. That gentleman saved our club,kept it going when we had no ground and got the club back into Slough and gave Slough fans endless thrills with the players/managers he brought to the club. To me we owe him a debt of gratitude and should just appreciate what he did for our club. Whether he comes to a match these days is irrelevant.

11 hours ago, 3spirit said:

I don't like to tittle tattle but the last time I saw Steve at a game I thought he looked unwell, so as we all have to age and invariably get some problem or other, things might not be as straightfoward as has been suggested.

I don't like the insinuation that Steve isn't a true Slough fan. That gentleman saved our club,kept it going when we had no ground and got the club back into Slough and gave Slough fans endless thrills with the players/managers he brought to the club. To me we owe him a debt of gratitude and should just appreciate what he did for our club. Whether he comes to a match these days is irrelevant.

An interesting fact about Steve is that both Thames Valley Sport and Leisure and Slough Town Community Football Club companies are still active companies controlled by Steve with all companies house paperwork up to date and solvent with recent accounts posted!

17 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

An interesting fact about Steve is that both Thames Valley Sport and Leisure and Slough Town Community Football Club companies are still active companies controlled by Steve with all companies house paperwork up to date and solvent with recent accounts posted!

Are you saying there is some sort of conspiracy in the works?

33 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Are you saying there is some sort of conspiracy in the works?

As you don’t seem to know much about business Glen, I will explain:

Before you can close down a business you need to ensure all outstanding debtors and creditors have concluded their activities so that a final set of accounts can be published.

As the new owners only formally took the club over just before the start of the season there may be still transactions taking place.

No conspiracy, just the way of business.

Is that in simple enough terms for you Glen? 

10 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

As you don’t seem to know much about business Glen, I will explain:

Before you can close down a business you need to ensure all outstanding debtors and creditors have concluded their activities so that a final set of accounts can be published.

As the new owners only formally took the club over just before the start of the season there may be still transactions taking place.

No conspiracy, just the way of business.

Is that in simple enough terms for you Glen? 

Stop holding a grudge and talk like an adult as I’m sure I’m not only one who would find this odd. 

Sir rebel1965 is correct. It can take up to a year (sometimes longer) before company closure.

You need to appoint a liquidator and all the assets of the company are then managed by the liquidator.

When a company is finally closed, a letter is published in the Gazette. I should know as i had

to go through this procedure when I closed my company prior to retiring. So the answer is no

conspiracy.

1 minute ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Sir rebel1965 is correct. It can take up to a year (sometimes longer) before company closure.

You need to appoint a liquidator and all the assets of the company are then managed by the liquidator.

When a company is finally closed, a letter is published in the Gazette. I should know as i had

to go through this procedure when I closed my company prior to retiring. So the answer is no

conspiracy.

Appreciate you explaining it in a clear and grown up manner.

2 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Ok when I type on here I will use a deep voice.

No - just you.

Stop embarrassing yourself! You really think every other person knows about how business works? Just because you don’t like what I say you don’t need to talk bollox.

12 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Absolutely not  accurately reporting fact.

If only there was a ‘whoosh over my head’ emoji! 

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

Stop embarrassing yourself! You really think every other person knows about how business works? Just because you don’t like what I say you don’t need to talk bollox.

If only there was a ‘whoosh over my head’ emoji! 

If only you were a fish, then I would dangle some bread on a hook, and it would be a bite everytime.

3 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

But it’s true Nathan, just lighten up from time to time, judge when someone is just messing around! Life is too short to get uptight about such trivial matters.

It would appear than on planet Glen, manners are a trivial irrelevancy.