Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Hashtag Utd

seemgee

No-one is blocking anyone,  I simply expressed my opinion that your post was garbage. Carry on posting and contributing to this healthy debate and I'll continue to exercise my right to disagree with you

A rare game I was able to get along to, and it was great entertainment value (second half at any rate). Some top quality goals scored (Reece, Marcus, Sam's 3rd and Percy's volley), and I thought when we started playing we looked very impressive. Both the late goals were avoidable, we should be defending set pieces better and had chances to clear our lines for the 3rd, but had Keeya beaten his man, we might have scored a 7th, and given the scoreline, I don't mind that so much.

Several candidates for MoM in my eyes, Sam, Marcus and possibly Dylan (whose work rate and application is top drawer, and showed he has a bit of quality as well with his delivery for Sam's second).

My view on the penalties at the time was that neither was a penalty, and having watched the highlights the first one still doesn't look a penalty whilst the second is less clear-cut.

Nice to see some goals, attacking football and most importantly 3 points, it's also good to see 3 pages of posts on here (even if we aren't all necessarily agreeing with each other :) )

On the debate about the referee. My view is that the pen for us was clearly a pen and as it was a goal scoring opportunity with only the goalkeeper to beat I cannot understand why the player was allowed to stay on the pitch!

I cannot comment on their pen as I was too far away,

I would like to comment on the yellow cards that were given. I was told last night that it was one for us and 3 for them including the pen. The game was played in good spirit and I think the ref was too officious the game should not have had 4 yellows. One red as said before would have been right.

15 minutes ago, Steph said:

On the debate about the referee. My view is that the pen for us was clearly a pen and as it was a goal scoring opportunity with only the goalkeeper to beat I cannot understand why the player was allowed to stay on the pitch!

I cannot comment on their pen as I was too far away,

I would like to comment on the yellow cards that were given. I was told last night that it was one for us and 3 for them including the pen. The game was played in good spirit and I think the ref was too officious the game should not have had 4 yellows. One red as said before would have been right.

Good view of both penalties on the highlights.

2 hours ago, Steph said:

I think (and possibly someone posted the same on here) that the rule has changed in that it's no longer a straight red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity - if there is a genuine attempt at the ball, then it's a yellow, even if you're last man (which in my view is fairer, a penalty and a yellow is probably punishment enough).

According to Football Web Pages, we had 1 booking (Richmond for complaining when he was penalised for what appeared to be a perfectly good header), and they had 4. Edited to say that I think we may have had more bookings having watched their highlights (1 - possibly Youngs - for complaining at the penalty decision and also I think Bailey).

I'm still 50/50 on their penalty after watching the Hashtag footage.

Edited by Barney

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that last night too - it's unquestionably the wrong decision:

image.png.3570eebf524278e462fea53889ad0a9e.png

In my view, it's one of those calls that are almost pointless to make unless you're 100% certain that it's been handled outside of the area - it's not as if stealing a couple of centimeters is going to give any significant advantage further up the pitch or change any outcomes.

Regardless of whether that ref had 'reffed at a higher level', it was clear from the get-go that he was intent on being the star of the show. He got at least one of two penalty decisions wrong (and refused to consult the lino who apparently would've told him!), and then made a crazy decision on the 'handball' by Forster. Just glad we came out on top. Not one of the better refs we've had so far this season.

Think we have such a range of referees at this level.....not many of them as good as they should be....however they all go through the necessary training and will be getting assessments too.

what surprises me slightly is that as a team of 3....or sometimes 4 in Cups they don't get things correct more often....clear case in point last night the Cray Valley penalty which probably should have been a free kick outside the box and a red card....and that was probably a referee from the League too so guess one thing we can tell is that they are human and mistakes are going to be made.     Be interesting if we actually heard from the League to find out what the average score is for referees we get in the Premier Division.