Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Hashtag Utd

seemgee

Another good 3 points. Good job we scored 6.

However, it is a pity we let in two goals in last couple of minutes of added time; (6-1 at 90 minutes sounds much better than 6-3 several minutes later) 

This no doubt sounds very churlish of me. But this isn't the first time it has happened in the past few weeks. The team cannot afford to keep switching off like this even when they think the points are already won. On another day when they are in a closer game points could be lost. Also it doesn't help our goal difference which may be important at the end of the season.

Rest assured other teams will have notice these happenings.

It's up to the coaching staff to try to increase the fitness levels of those who are deemed to be flagging!!

14 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Another good 3 points. Good job we scored 6.

However, it is a pity we let in two goals in last couple of minutes of added time; (6-1 at 90 minutes sounds much better than 6-3 several minutes later) 

This no doubt sounds very churlish of me. But this isn't the first time it has happened in the past few weeks. The team cannot afford to keep switching off like this even when they think the points are already won. On another day when they are in a closer game points could be lost. Also it doesn't help our goal difference which may be important at the end of the season.

Rest assured other teams will have notice these happenings.

It's up to the coaching staff to try to increase the fitness levels of those who are deemed to be flagging!!

Having the only negative post on this thread really is not a good look sir!

No negatives for me.  After quite a tricky run of games great to see the team produce a match winning performance.   Wasn't able to make it yesterday due to another appt, however from the interview and report back from a friend/online seems that the second half was probably the most eventful we'll see all season with some cracking goals being scored.....by both teams.  Great to see Sam getting in those attacking positions again, and Josh is a welcome return when needed with big top half games ahead.

What was our formation?   Alot to report back on but certainly good to see us producing some good football and quality finishes.   Pleased that Reece is also getting some recognition for the unsung work he does around the pitch.

We scored 6

5 in one half

1 goal allowed....admittedly till 90 minutes

Sam back scoring

Reece and Marcus both tally

This is a game on paper we could have lost

Let s celebrate the plusses.

3rd in table.

Positive before 2 tough away games.

I ll take yesterday for certain.

Gavin and his team can adress the even better ifs!!!!!

The two goals that Hashtag scored were late in the game after substitutions had been made.

Seems to indicate, in line with the defeat at Lewis, that the club does nor have the strength in depth that is required if a serious challenge is to be made for honours this year.

Heartened to hear from Gavin's interview with Dave Square that the changing room was fairly down after the game. Its kind of the same feeling I left the game with. A 6-3 win and you're not happy? (You may say). 6-1 up at 90 minutes against a side who have not lost since August and we let in two poor goals. Granted, no one is saying we're the finished article, but it meant we finished the game very much on the back foot. So work to do, and I think the squad needs strengthening if the play-offs are a realistic ambition.

The first half was pretty poor from us. I'm not surprised Gavin felt the need to raise his voice at half-time. It didn't seem to have the desired effect either with Hashtag very much on the front foot after the break and drawing level very quickly. That being said, its great that our attacking players certainly seem to know where the goal is. Some lovely finishes from Reece, Marcus and Sam. 

Whilst he scored the final consolation goal, thought PK looked a shadow of the player who left Town just over a year ago. Can't see that Alex Teniola or Nathan Smith would be starters in our side at the moment either. Nevertheless, Hashtag have some very talented players and will trouble the stronger sides in the league on their day.

Sam Youngs was man of the match for me.

Very much hoping that after Billericay and now this win we're finding some form again.