Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Hashtag Utd

seemgee

And...respect to a decent no nonsense, 'don't mess with me' ref.

Most in control this season 👍🏻

Agree. Strange sounding whistle though!

IMO, the refereeing standard has been pretty high this season, but this one was one of the best.

Not quite sure about that middle name though...

Must say, the quality of the goals on Sat was top level.

First from Reece and both from Marcus were class. 

re the ref, both pens shouldn’t have been given IMO. No contact for either to warrant a pen.

as for calling Forster for handball from the halfway line …. Bonkers. How can he see from there?! 

Edited by Comet

12 hours ago, Father Jack said:

Agree. Strange sounding whistle though!

IMO, the refereeing standard has been pretty high this season, but this one was one of the best.

Not quite sure about that middle name though...

Are you sure? or are you being sarcastic?

ref had a absolute nightmare. Both pens should not have stood and he keep running over to incidents and over exaggerating when issuing of yellow cards, almost to make a point and be centre stage.

From the Hashtag footage the Hashtag 'penalty' should not have been awarded. I do however think that Josh was fouled for our penalty.

I had assumed that the assistant referee had given the handball by Rhys outside the area?

The ref was certainly eccentric, but he was equally so for both teams.

11 hours ago, Comet said:

Are you sure? or are you being sarcastic?

ref had a absolute nightmare. Both pens should not have stood and he keep running over to incidents and over exaggerating when issuing of yellow cards, almost to make a point and be centre stage.

I don't often fly off the handle at posters on here, but that is 100 per cent garbage, and could only have come from the skewed perspective of a biased fan .

Yes, the referee was excellent. Yes, most of the refs this season have been good. Sober up and watch a bit of football as a neutral before you come on here again.

And have a look at our highlights from the same perspective. 

17 hours ago, andyetfc said:

Referee’s performances are not based on individual decisions made during the game.

I thought that was exactly what it is normally based on? It shouldn't be about how well he handles players who are complaining about his poor decisions?

Edited by lovely stuff

35 minutes ago, Father Jack said:

I don't often fly off the handle at posters on here, but that is 100 per cent garbage, and could only have come from the skewed perspective of a biased fan .

Yes, the referee was excellent. Yes, most of the refs this season have been good. Sober up and watch a bit of football as a neutral before you come on here again.

You mean he was good apart from two important penalty decisions that he got wrong? Did the lino flag for either or both of the penalties? If so, then the ref has a defense.

24 minutes ago, lovely stuff said:

I thought that was exactly what it is normally based on? I shouldn't be about how well he handles players who are complaining about his poor decisions?

Based on many factors over the 90 or so minutes. We are never going to agree so can I suggest you speak to one of the assessors after a game to ask what is expected of them at a game. Roger Fox is a good man to have a chat with.

Nothing like a good debate.....age old referees.   Every single person has a different angle, whether that be the referee, AR, managers, fans etc etc.    Having refereed couple of games myself...one thing that doesn't help is at this level the referee has to be on the move and all these penalty decisions the referee should be a in a credible position to back up whatever he gives.   This doesn't ALWAYS happen and whilst all referees have passed a fitness test this doesn't necessarily apply to how well they will do on a Saturday afternoon.

We see every week on TV a foul for one team is a yellow and a foul for another team is just a free kick.  I don't think refereeing has ever been under as much scrutiny as it is now.

When I'm sat in the stand it's amazing how little some of the fans know about officiating, it's always easier from the side and we are sat/stood stationary whilst they may have a much worse view than others.

Thank goodness we don't have VAR haha

Let's hope we can perform well against what appears to be a rejuvenated Wingate team.

14 hours ago, Father Jack said:

Fan bias? I said both were not pens! 

I was at the game and was still am perfectly sober thank you.

I’ll come on as often as I like. I don’t need your permission to post. 

13 hours ago, Father Jack said:

Just one other thing to consider - angles. Just parking that one here

What angle was the ref at when he gave handball against our keeper. He was at the half way line! Evidence proves ball left hand before feet outside the box. 

another poor decision.