Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough v Bath

2 hours ago, rocking rebel said:

I rember  a similar incident happening at welling and the referee  allowed the game to contine

When Scott broke his neck there was about an hour delay in the game and Gary Gokmen went in goal and the game was completed!

There's a few fair minded comments on the Bath forum suggesting that Gill was possibly in the wrong and if so has let their club down in what he did but there's also a one eyed idiot call Paul1978 who has virtually called anyone who slates Gill not a true Bath supporter.

I suppose every club has their village idiot.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Still gutted that all the talk on social media has been about the game being needlessly abandoned.

Our first half performance must rank up there as one of our best of the season and one of our most clinical in front of goal.

Second half was either down to a change in tactics from the opposition or we took our foot off the gas.

In truth it was probably a bit of both.

A great day in front of our best league attendance in years in aid of a great charity in Thames Hospice and that weasel Gill had to spoil it.

Just Gutting.

7 minutes ago, HEAVY TRUCKER said:

imho the ref should take the responsibility of abandoning the game he should not have asked the management of either team, it should be the refs decision and the refs decision alone .

You're right HT it should be solely down to the ref but I think the rules state that both managers have to be in agreement to re start the game.

In which case the ref had no other option but to abandon the game.

Edited by Reading Rebel

I remember games at Wexham Park being abandoned due to floodlight failure and I'm sure we all got given a sort of voucher or something  on the way out that allowed us to get in for free to the rearranged game.

Don't think that happened last Saturday !  

Edited by Holyport Rebel

12 hours ago, codpiece said:

You're correct HR. I've listened back on Rebels Radio & i made it approximately 23 minutes from the incident happening & the handshake between the two clubs to officially abandon it.

I wasn't at the game (on holiday) so any info is from media platforms. There was no hand shake between the clubs that I saw only with the referee. Yella and Jerry Gill were talking to the ref., and after the decision was taken Yella's actions spelt out what he thought about it all, just walked off and no handshake with Gill.

1 hour ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I remember games at Wexham Park being abandoned due to floodlight failure and I'm sure we all got given a sort of voucher or something  on the way out that allowed us to get in for free to the rearranged game.

Don't think that happened last Saturday !  

I suppose these things  depend upon what time a game is called off.