Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough v Bath

Be interesting to know the precedent the FA have used. I think you might be able to thank Chesham for this one, we appealed the decision to make us replay a game against Redditch back in 2011

Redditch player punched the ref after a penalty given against him and the ref abandoned the game (rightly). Southern League & FA tried to make us replay the game, we appealed it to a hearing at Wembley and won. Although we were awarded a 3-0 win that time

Our case was on the fact that it would set a precedent that a losing team could punch a ref and get the game replayed if they followed through on their original ruling

It's one of the only times I can think of that an abandoned game hasn't been replayed in full (even if abandoned with a handful of minutes left and a "decided" scoreline)

11 minutes ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Don't they usually award 3-0 scores in such circumstances anyway? The least they can do is award 4-2 as was! Goal difference could be a deciding factor after all.

Am I being too logical ?!

Especially to teams near Bath in the playoffs 

1 hour ago, camra rebel said:

Just gave the good news to Mark Bevan so he doesn't feel to bad about being taken ill. He said it's pouring down in Taunton, so not looking good for tomorrow night.

I live in TA19 and its rained for  12 hours here now no sign of easing and pitch wont be playable  Taunton just bren awarded grant to improve drainage

I'm delighted that the league have (unexpectedly) come to the right decision regarding the outcome of the match, though I don't see why it took them over a month!

But this is still a victory (of sorts) to Bath City (assuming that the game would have finished 4-2); as there are no goals for or goals against, and therefore no change to the goal difference. Bath City's place in the play-offs could come down to goal difference.

1 hour ago, Holyport Rebel said:

The National League statement gives us the game and the three points, and rightly so.

No mention of the result of Mr Gill's and Bath's appeal to the charges that were brought against them.

Punishment's to both to come ?

Disciplinary charges brought by the FA, not the National League. They can't comment on the charges until there is an outcome.