Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fleet Attendance

Mepis

Whilst I think the current board have done a wonderful job in getting us to this level, I have reservation as to whether they have the necessary credentials to take us any further.

They may have the vital knowledge needed on how to run a club completing in the Beazer Homes League or Doc Matens League’s but that certainly doesn’t mean they have the attributes required of a chairman whose clubs next step should be the top six in the conference and eventually league football.

Further investment is needed in all aspects of the club if we are to progress and I’m not sure our current directors are capable of attracting this investment.

Very true Fleet Fanatic, however you have to accept that we must harness this chance whilst it is here. Wouldn’t it be a shame if we were to look back in five years and we have let this chance pass us by?

I can’t think of anything worse than a return to the dark old days of playing in front of a couple of hundred supporters.

Quote:
Very true Fleet Fanatic, however you have to accept that we must harness this chance whilst it is here. Wouldn’t it be a shame if we were to look back in five years and we have let this chance pass us by?

I can’t think of anything worse than a return to the dark old days of playing in front of a couple of hundred supporters.

Your the same guy that wants a supporters club arn't you?

Quote:

So instead you bring in somebody with great ideas, who takes a gamble with the club and in 5 years time we all discover that there is no club?

Fleet Fanatic, your views mirror those of a certain somebody attached to the club who’s ‘too afraid of failure to ever be a success’.

With that attitude, I can recommend a career on the railways.

Quote:
Fleet Fanatic, your views mirror those of a certain somebody attached to the club who’s ‘too afraid of failure to ever be a success’.

With that attitude, I can recommend a career on the railways.

Sarcasm. Love it. Then again, at least I'm not a coward, hiding behind the cloak of 'anonymous'. My own life has nothing to do with the future of the club but still, if you have such an inferiority complex that you have to take cheap shots, then go ahead.

So I'll never be a success. What do you define as success?
Success to me is being famous or making a few million in my own business. Something I doubt you're doing.

I'm quite happy with my £500/600 week take home average right now, with my own online business that's in its early creation stage.

Enjoy your dole money.

Quote:

Better the devil you know.....

Exactly. That's why the current financing of the club (i.e. Gladwish's sponsorship) suits us well, since he isn't actually in control of the club, and the past few years show that we can trust Brian financially.