Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: 3praise
i know it sounds childish

Well you said it, actually some of your posts sound like they have been written by a five year old.

3praise - As you can't be bothered to submit a report, John Bacon style, on Saturday's proceedings I have taken the liberty of posting this version off Oxhey Jets Website:

Silver fox keeps the records rolling

Haringey Borough 1 Jets 3

Spartan South Midlands Premier

17th March 2007

Ian Holdom scored his 250th senior goal for the club and helped ease injury hit Jets to all three points at relegation threatened Haringey on Saturday. The Jets injury list is now a crisis as McLaren, Arthur, Jenkins and Sheppard were added to the already long list, then to top it Beadle broke down with a bad knee in the warm up and Jets were looking in trouble. To make things worse Ian Bywater trod on the ball and slipped over allowing Haringey to grab the lead with only 6 minutes gone, and Jets wobbled for the next ten minutes.

Slowly and gradually you could sense Jets were getting back to their old self and the long periods of keep ball started to control the game as Haringey backed off, and it was no surprise when leading scorer TIM O'MARA levelled on 35minutes latching on to a Holdom cutting pass and neatly rolling home. Gary Page opened the defence like a tin opener on 43minutes and TIM O'MARA rolled number two off the post for a half time lead.

Ian Holdom, the sly goal scorer from midfield is locked with Legendary forward Gary Page for the top spot of the clubs all time goal scoring chart, and IAN HOLDOM (52min) nipped one in front of his friend and team mate with a cheeky goal that put him on the 250 milestone. Jets settled and never looked in danger, young Steve Brown limbered and stretched and got all ready to come on for his first team debut, unfortunately as his number was raised the referee blew full time and the gutted Brown was left to wait for another day.

before Rhodes asks for it, here is the match report from the aylesbury game:

If Borough needed proof that contrary to popular belief luck does not even itself out according to the law of averages they have received it in full measure in their last four games which should have yielded a relegation saving 9 points instead of the paltry 2 actually gained. Borough fought as if their lives depended on it on Tuesday making full amends for their dismal display the previous

Saturday and such was the level of skill they displayed as they totally dominated proceedings for the last 60 minutes any neutral present might have thought they were chasing the championship rather than fighting relegation. Unfortunately they were three goals down after half an hour and the first two were superb strikes which would have graced any game. The opener arrived in the home sides first attack after four minutes and was an unstoppable volley from around the penalty spot. The second some ten minutes later was a powerful long range shot low to the left of keeper Jamie Brown which had goal written all over it from the moment it left the strikers foot. Borough looked more than capable of getting back into the game and deserved to do so when a fine run by Calvin Petrie ended with a low shot which rebounded into the arms of the keeper and worse was to follow as his upfield clearance wrong footed Borough and as a striker burst through Brown’s desperate efforts to reach the ball brought him down and the resultant penalty was smashed into the roof of the net. After that Brown was never seriously tested again and Borough took command of the game. Jermaine Herbert brought a fine save from the home ‘keeper and a few minutes before the interval Petrie sent a rising cross shot only inches wide. Borough tore into their opponents right from the restart with Rashid Kamara’s close control causing the defence all sorts of problems but he could never quite deliver the final killer ball. Aylesbury having used all their subs were forced to play the last quarter of an hour with ten men and a defender moved up front as a passenger and had Borough scored their two consolation goals a little earlier then an equaliser would surely have followed. Substitute Daniel Tulloch put Borough back in the game with an 85th minute close range downward header and five minutes later Petrie directed his header from a corner low into the net and although Borough threw caution to the winds with even ‘keeper Brown racing up field for a last ditch corner the richly deserved equaliser just would not come.

3praise - Thanks for that, I always admire someone who is proactive and acts without being asked. Is this your report, ie your version of events or John Bacon's official match report, why don't you join the Haringey Committee, if you are not already on it, as John needs all the help he can get, nobody else at the Club lifts a finger and they will end up carrying him out in a box Jock Stein style.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise - Thanks for that, I always admire someone who is proactive and acts without being asked. Is this your report, ie your version of events or John Bacon's official match report, why don't you join the Haringey Committee, if you are not already on it, as John needs all the help he can get, nobody else at the Club lifts a finger and they will end up carrying him out in a box Jock Stein style.

Yes Rhodes they just might do that, but only because he is really does bleed yellow and green, unlike some!! - (ooops sorry I forgot Rhodes doesnt do irony) i was talking about you rhodes

3praise - Did you happen to see The Times today by any chance, just wondering. I see from last Saturday's line up against Oxhey Jets that there was no Andrew Cain in the team yet Daniel Iroegbu was on the bench, I was left scratching my head at that one:

Haringey Borough remain rooted to the foot of the SSML Premier Division after a disappointing defeat to mid table Oxhey Jets. Borough failed to build on a bright start and never really showed the urgency and determination expected of a team fighting relegation. The home side had taken the lead after just seven minutes. Right back Lloyd Mitchell burst forward in the inside left position and slipped a perfectly weighted through ball into the path of Alfred Kamara who rounded the keeper before slotting into an empty net. But that was as good as it got for Borough and the visitors drew level in the 35th minute when Tim O'Mara latched onto a pass and applied a clinical finish to the left of James Brown. Worse was to follow two minutes before the interval, the ball was lost in midfield and quickly moved into the danger area where O'Mara's shot hit the foot of a post and rolled home. The onslaught which a team in Borough's position should have launched at the start of the second half never materialised and instead it was Oxhey who increased their lead when Ian Holdom's 52nd minute nudge from close range squirmed under Brown's body and over the line. Borough worked hard individually to pull the game round but there was little cohesion in their efforts and Oxhey contained them comfortably enough. The best chance fell to substitute Daniel Iroegbu but he screwed his shot wide from close range and it was not until the last few minutes that visiting keeper Kevin Paul was tested diving to his left to push away a vicious drive from range.

Borough Team: Brown, Mitchell, Umeh, Okot-Uma, Patten, Catania, R Kamara, Perifimou, Petrie, A Kamara, Mulcare. Subs: Tulloch, Iroegbu, Offei

Has any news filtered through from Preston Park as yet on yesterday's events, 3praise has been conspicuous by his absence today so far.

Hello Rhodes i am here, you dont have to keep ringing them bells! (personal Joke) i do not have a match report for you this week, as i heard Tottenhams local lost out on your 40p last week when i gave you the aylesbury vale report, and it wouldnt be in the community spirit of borough to let them keep loosing out.

Mr rhodes i have just been doing my research and it has come to my attention that London Colney where also founded in 1907, and as of yet i havet heard you ask for what they are going to do for thie centenary!! this could be for a number of reasons - pig ignorance, you dont do research, or the fact that you feel you could make haringey look silly but again its backfired in your face....I will tell you something Rhodes, as soon as you can tell me what London Colney are doing to mark their 100th birthday i will let you in on a few secrets of my own! also just for future reference when was KTFC founded?

Interestingly, according to the history on the Haringey website "It was not until 1976 that a team playing under the name of Haringey Borough first played in senior football".

I could not find any history section on the KTFC website.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Hello Rhodes i am here, you dont have to keep ringing them bells! (personal Joke) i do not have a match report for you this week, as i heard Tottenhams local lost out on your 40p last week when i gave you the aylesbury vale report, and it wouldnt be in the community spirit of borough to let them keep loosing out.

This no doubt means that you didn't go to the game, the Aylesbury Vale report wouldn't have been in last weeks Tottenham Journal as it was played on Tuesday so I have caught you with your trousers around your ankles, why not just say if you had to work on Saturday or if your other half dragged you kicking and screaming down the Roman Road. Yes that's right I know you live within spitting distance of Bow Belles.

Columbo... how dare you insult the great man! More like Inspector Gadget...