Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wide Open Spaces

Originally Posted By: NewBradwell
Eagles, Just a Small observation but if you have only been to one game how do you manage to comment on our ground being on a slope............. feedback

I was described it. The names Chamonix Mont-Blanc, Cortina, Zermatt and Kitzbühel, were all used in comparison with your ground. biggrin1

But I suggest you actually visit a ground personally before iaring your views. however if I wish I could comment on your ground Hanwell Towns ground as I have been there..

Hearsay' is not always a good thing but I am sure there is many people on this forum who have been to our home who could comment

bootyshake

Originally Posted By: Wader
If you think that's bad, visit London Apsa's ground sometime. The big dugouts obscure the view of large parts of the pitch from the (large) main stand, which itself is a full width running track, long jump and swathes of grass areas away from the touchline. Binocular requirement is no joke here. You can't get behind one of the goals at all (unless you walk on the track - not allowed) and the boardroom is the viewing gallery of an old squash court (now a kiddies play area). No alcohol anywhere in the place, although non-chilled cans of coke were available. Nearest pub is a real schlomp up the road and ceratinly not the sort of place you'd take your kids or the mrs.

As for running tracks not allowing proper sized pitches - nonsense. A 100m x 64m is achievable - but not much more agreed! At AFCH the track is only 6 lanes with the outer track right on the perimeter fence, so the action from the sides is perfectly ok - and as close if not closer than the far side stand's at Aveley is to the pitch. No terracing behind the goals possible at Athletic Stadiums is the biggest downside. Chelmsford's is another example of the stand being too far from the pitch - but the new huge stand itself is excellent. One of the very worst was Harlow's old Sportcentre ground - thankfully now consigned to dust.

Was at London APSA's ground early last season for an FA game. (Can’t remember which competition).

Only problem on the day was that there were no lone markings and the game was postponed!

For this reason I couldn't tell you the dimensions of the pitch!!!

1 - A place to get fresh air!

2 - They all slope.

3 - Don't know any club called Sporting Benfica! But SPORT London e Benfica could well do!

I've got a question for you ... Is Spurs going to get relegated this season?

Will Jol still be there next season?

Will they be at White Hart lane next season? Or will they ground share in a proper stadium like the Emirates?

From http://www.copthallstadium.co.uk/ ...

WINTER OPENING HOURS

for athletics training from 1st October 2007 to 31st March 2008

Mondays 10am - 2pm

Tuesdays 10am - 9pm Club training 6pm - 9pm

Wednesdays 10am - 2pm

Thursdays 10am - 9pm Primary Schools Club: 4:30pm - 5:30pm Club training 6pm - 9pm

Fridays 10am - 2pm

Saturdays 9am - 2pm

Sundays 10am - 2pm

and from Kentish Town website....

FIRST TEAM & RESERVES

Tuesday and Thursday 7pm – 9pm

Copthall Stadium, Greenlands Lane, London NW4 1RL

Could be a bit crowded! Also available on Sats until 14:00...

do you know eagles that international coach "tactics and strategy" that posted on here a while back, said he had followed sporting benfica for some time? was now doing scoutin for important people?

Any way re yr questions THFC.

Spurs will be relegated unless they improve their points for game ratio, and they dont look like doing that this month.

Spurs will be at the same stadium next season, it is by all meanings of the word "proper".

Jol wont be there next season barring a fourth place finish, unless he gets a season ticket which he said he would do!.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
do you know eagles that international coach "tactics and strategy" that posted on here a while back, said he had followed sporting benfica for some time? was now doing scoutin for important people?

"sporting benfica" again? Don't worry it will hit home one day! Just like the bell on the microwave ... ping!

Important people? Like who?

We've had various scouts from several teams coming to watch us in the past couple of seasons.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
From http://www.copthallstadium.co.uk/ ...
WINTER OPENING HOURS
for athletics training from 1st October 2007 to 31st March 2008
Mondays 10am - 2pm
Tuesdays 10am - 9pm Club training 6pm - 9pm
Wednesdays 10am - 2pm
Thursdays 10am - 9pm Primary Schools Club: 4:30pm - 5:30pm Club training 6pm - 9pm
Fridays 10am - 2pm
Saturdays 9am - 2pm
Sundays 10am - 2pm
and from Kentish Town website....
FIRST TEAM & RESERVES
Tuesday and Thursday 7pm – 9pm
Copthall Stadium, Greenlands Lane, London NW4 1RL
Could be a bit crowded! Also available on Sats until 14:00...

That's because we work hand in hand with the Athletics Club, it's a partnership, besides although they advertise the stadium as being open for Athletics until 9pm on Tuesday's and Thursday's very few members, if any, come down between 1 October and 31 March so we have the place to ourselves. Stop trying to find ammunition to use against us, Football Man style.

I went to watch the Kentish vs Langford game last night as I have a bit of an affinity with Langford. Copthall is easy enough to get to and plenty of parking but man, where is the atmosphere? No beer either? The pitch is as flat as a pancake but isn't fenced in, the ball disappeared to all corners (if you can have corners in an athletics stadium!!) with some wayward shooting and passing. The ball took ages to fetch back, Kentish doing their bit to slow the game down of course, being a goal up, who'd blame them?

I am surprised that people in charge have not requested that Kentish play elsewhere as the pitch has no perimeter. I also feel sorry for the stadium groundspeople as their track will get wrecked when the real winter comes and muddy boots fetch the ball back in a hurry. It was cold enough last night with a bit of drizzle here and there around the country, there will be no protection from the elements at all at Copthall as it's so open.

The game itself was ok though, shame about the venue. I think there will be some problems there as the season goes on. If I was still a player, it's not somewhere I would look forward to going, never mind the spectators. We had a good view of the pitch but are set well back from the pitch. I for one, like to hear the communication between players, managers etc.

WHAT YOU NEED IS ONE OF THESE: 69668336d.jpg

"Extraordinarily powerful, electronic listening device lets you "HEAR" and "SEE" a conversation from a football field away.

Powerful enough to capture distant sounds from 300 feet away. Zoom in and see what you're hearing. Sounds and images impossible for the human ears and eyes to pick up now seem as if you're only a couple of feet away."

The perfect accessory when visiting an athletics stadium to watch a football match!

Originally Posted By: NewBradwell
But I suggest you actually visit a ground personally before iaring your views. however if I wish I could comment on your ground Hanwell Towns ground as I have been there..

Hearsay' is not always a good thing but I am sure there is many people on this forum who have been to our home who could comment

I take it all back, after seeing a photo of this pitch, in comparison, yours must be as flat as a spirit level.
sloping_football_pitch-thumb.jpg
Or is yours worse?

Originally Posted By: losingmyhair
I went to watch the Kentish vs Langford game last night as I have a bit of an affinity with Langford.

Firstly thanks for doing a SteveR and introducing yourself last night, I must have taken your £4.00 on the door and handed you a programme. The feedback is very helpful and constructive however I think you are being just a little over critical as don't forget it was only our second ever match at the stadium and there are bound to be teething problems which we will iron out in due course, we also hope to get an alcohol licence before too long.

I presume that you can steam clean the athletics track then Mr. Rhodes? I worry for the state of the track when the boots ruin it. I also managed to grab a quick look at the changing rooms. A long bench in a room, probably 10ft x 20ft? Is that about right? Hardly palacial as you have suggested.

Having been to, and played at places like Birmingham, Aston Villa, Highbury and the old Wembley, palacial it most certainly isn't. I was really looking forward to coming to the stadium having been given such a great introduction by yourself on this board. I left feeling very disappointed, even the programme was a let down. I look forward to visiting Hanwell's ground next.