Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HITCHEN UPDATES

GEEBEE

At 3-0 my head was down but not the lads, oh no, Rob started them off on the comeback, Pinns took the other two goals magnificently, Charlie ran his heart out and battled for everything.

Defense looked patched up, and it cost us, but the spirit and fight shown by the lads sent me on my (long) way home with my respect for the team intact, and feeling that I had truly watched a good cup game. And we so nearly got the replay.

Hitchin are a smashing friendly club and the burger was magnificent. They also sell a choice of real ale in pint sized bottles at 3 for a fiver - way to go (except please do not chill it)

I am disappointed we lost, glad I made the effort to go, and am proud of the team.

i think trotts managerial stint is in difficulties.Not all his own fault though. I think hes been let down by the some players lack of discipline and some attitudes. trotty has ability as a manager there is no doubting that he has managed to get dean standen playing well this season. the players need to get themselves sorted and give trott a win on tuesday.

We dont know what the directors are thinking, i maybe wrong and the directors may give trott that dreaded vote of confidence!?

Bloody good job the team have more backbone, or we would never see any fight back.

IT'S ONLY OCTOBER.

Stop being so lily-livered and have a bit of faith in the team. Everyone is always so defeatist. You would sack the management twice over if they were as eager to give up as you. It makes me ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS how everyone lays down and plays dead when we have a couple of results that don't go our way. What is wrong with everyone? It is like everyone gets more enjoyment out of moaning and carping on than supporting the team. Ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecy? Good grief, no-one got any spirit anymore?

A good league run and we would be right up in there. FA cup may be gone but we still have the Trophy. I am sure the team do not lie down and play dead like the supporters do, but motivate themselves to go out and play again and try again.

And what is this about arguably weaker opposition? Every match is a contest, and we in our arrogance know that table positions lie all the time. If we go out assuming that we are always superior to the team we are going to play and we have a right to win we are going to get our noses bloodied and rightly so. It is no dishonour to play as well as you can, but not win on the day against a team that played better.

I lose my patience sometimes.

I can't see how either Carshalton or Hitchin were 'arguably weaker teams'??? Hitchin are more or less the same as us except they play in one of the other Level 7 leagues! As for Carshalton, they were bound to pick themselves up eventually and unfortunately they opened a whole jumbo can of whoop ass on us!!

typical pathetic do nothin and it will all be ok comments.it will not be ok if we carry on like this.gates will drop, money will get tighter,the players will get more and more pissed off and relegation will be upon us again.trott must be allowed to bring in 2 or 3 better players the youngsters are not up to it the defence is rubbish and wull continue to be the same if left as it is.apathy is not the way forward ,change is.

It's not often i reply here cos the computer is naff but i was there today and one thing i don't think has been said is the heart the players show. No one gave up at 3-0 down. Incredible really when you consider how dire we were at the back. This is important to take to the next game. As Rob H says tuesdays game has significant meaning and can't come quick enough.

As for Trott out stuff you have to pay up unfullfilled contracts and Mc Kimm would go too. Your stuck with RT till May and where as i was a massive CK fan i'm not going to knock RT. He is always honest and if you saw him at the end today you would have thought his world had fallen apart.

This is one of the best forward lines i have seen for some time and with an improved defense things will improve. I did not like the shape last year or the trouble(I thought) Protheroe caused so if we get the backs right we could still do a Hampton and progress right up there. Get yourselves amongst the 350 odd on Tuesday.

can understand what you are saying June and there is alot of frustration around but what would you be saying if we are out of the Trophy and sitting 20th at the end of November , and when it comes to sacking the management its not the management on the bench id get rid of its the one`s in the suits that are surpose to be running the club. Thats where the fresh blood should be not on the pitch but in the directors box ,we all know its bloody true , if they loved the club so much we would`nt be in the possition we are in now.

One of my bosses is a very loyal Dover fan just like you are to the Gate and he says the best thing thats happened to them is Parmenter being there and he is slowly transforming them into something like they used to be when they were Conferance fodder, he`s brought in the right people to help the club he has a massive understanding with the surporters , thats eveything we HAVE NOT GOT with us at Margate , makes you wonder who wanted to save us and who wants a quick Buck dosen`t it , i think thats why they are still there now and intending to stay even more so now that the 5aside pitches are being built . Some of it will go to the club it will have to so it show something is being contributed but i bet 99% of it goes to ?. UP THE GATE.

Ummmm

Today was always going to be tough, but lets not forget that we have just taken 3 points from the last 18,

are second to bottom in the form table,

have not won a league game for 6 games,

that is a worse record than CK's before he was put on 'garden leave'

and whilst RT has a lower budget than last year, it is still bigger than most Ryman sides i suspect,

he has not sorted the discipline issue out,

he has not sorted a defence out,when it was obvious from the summer it was a major weakness-thus he has only himself to blame for the predicament he finds himself in.

he has been in the job over 18 months,

as manager he is responsible for the side capitulating last season when play-offs were within our grasp,

all teams have injuries

I really can't see why there are 'positives'.

who in their right mind makes public utterances about how good they are, when the defence is leaking goals

Yes, it is only October, but RT shows no sign of improving things.

I do not advocate change,i still want him to do well, but you can't keep backing a dead horse, and if we lose Tuesday,(clash of the bottom two sides in the form league)in front of probably less than 350 spectators frankly, imo he has to be asked to resign.

I am not saying that we should go in assuming that we would win, because that is completely the wrong attitude, but you have to admit conceding 7 goals against Hitchin and Carshalton isn't good enough.

I would not want to sack a manager twice over, as that is the wrong way to go about things.

The thing is June i don't want to lead the team into a false sense of security. Also it's not just the results its the performances, i think the last time when we actually controlled the game was when we beat Leyton 5-0 at home last season. That was back in March. Like i said the other day if we played well against Hitchin, but lost i would be happy because it is signs of improvement.

I'm not going to say the team are doing well when they are not, in my eyes that is wrong.

I support the same team as you June and like everyone else i want to see success, but i really can't see that and the reason why i am negative is because i am very concerned about where we are going. If we keep on like this the attendances will drop even further, thus there will be more expenses then income, so therefore we will have to release players to re-coup our loses which will result in us getting players that are not as good as our current bunch, so we lose more games and play worse and just get into a vicous circle.

Originally Posted By: Tony_T
I can't see how either Carshalton or Hitchin were 'arguably weaker teams'??? Hitchin are more or less the same as us except they play in one of the other Level 7 leagues! As for Carshalton, they were bound to pick themselves up eventually and unfortunately they opened a whole jumbo can of whoop ass on us!!

ok maybe not weaker then us i might have been a bit harsh there, but they are on par with us. Today going forward we were fine, but defensively were poor. We played Carshalton at the wrong time and i said that on the coach today, but we still played poorly.

The players did show good heart when we went 3-0 down, we need to keep that for 90 minutes.

We have a better team then what our recent performances and results suggest. That is the main reason why i am very peed off and i am worried this going to carry on to a stage where it is difficult to get out of.

Someone with the right connections and not blind and/or stubborn to the sides defensive frailties would get a couple of defenders pretty quick,and off load a couple of younger forwards on loan to fund it.

Yes,it would cost a bit if RT went, but it will also cost a bit when attendances fall below 350 as they are about to do