Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PLEASE READ (all of you!)

FleetFanatic

Originally Posted By: Andy Y. (G&NFC)
Originally Posted By: Leroix
Waggamick, you should read what I was responding to before judging my post. I was responding to someone who instantly resorted to name calling in response to someone elses civil post. If you feel it is wrong to oppose idiocy, then I logic will not work on you anyway. I will never forget that you refered to me as a moron. Your projections of my future are very bleak yet not correct. I have saved them for future reference. If you appologize properly, I might let you suck it.

Er..... I think he referred to you as a moron due to your moronic and ill-mannered reply.

This last comment seems to prove the point.

I have just spent the day sorting out the problems of the so called "underclass" of South East London. On reflection I would rather spend time in their company than somebody who appears to fall into the American stereotype, and before you make the obvious reply, I have spent time some time over there and know damn well that the vast majority of the citizens of your Country are actually rather nice.

If you took the trouble to read and digest the last few posts you would find that I have been far more abusive towards you than anyone else. But then again that might be expecting a bit much!

The last couple of replies have done a lot to make me realise that, the majority of the "new blood" have the interests of the club at heart. Lets hope that they become the bigger influence rather the morons of this World!

God! I never thought I would be backing up the views of a bloody Australian!!!

But then again at least they drink proper beer, even if its lager and not Strongbow!

Fosters and XXXX?...............I think you need a stress pill! wink

I guess I was mistaken to come to a web forum and expect honest and non-sarcastic responses. I did see the posts of some football fans here, but most of the people that responded to me were more concerned with sounding clever at my expense. Apparently the negative Nancy's of the world like to stick together. Still nobody has taken the time to read to the beginning of a thread where people who have never met me or others that they are criticizing aired their obvious tendencies towards regional bias and prejudgment. Knowing that this is a waste of keystrokes I move onward to interact with people worthy of my time. I was just kidding about letting the guy suck, it by the way. I would let him, but I just don't go that way. Hope to see you soon.

Superior to the punks, peer of the kind posters,

-Leroix

Originally Posted By: Andy Y. (G&NFC)
True!

But have you tried drinking that American stuff?

When I was last over there I was reduced to drinking shorts..... and I dont mean the sort you wear!!

You are so right..............That's why I drink Molsons Triple X!
That's why I insisted living closer to the Canadian Border, than New York City! wink

Originally Posted By: Leroix
I guess I was mistaken to come to a web forum and expect honest and non-sarcastic responses. I did see the posts of some football fans here, but most of the people that responded to me were more concerned with sounding clever at my expense. Apparently the negative Nancy's of the world like to stick together. Still nobody has taken the time to read to the beginning of a thread where people who have never met me or others that they are criticizing aired their obvious tendencies towards regional bias and prejudgment. Knowing that this is a waste of keystrokes I move onward to interact with people worthy of my time. I was just kidding about letting the guy suck, it by the way. I would let him, but I just don't go that way. Hope to see you soon.

Superior to the punks, peer of the kind posters,
-Leroix

Pot , Kettle, Pot!

You didn't come on here and start criticising, and insulting us?????

Jog on, Leroix, Jog On!

I thought I would make a seperate post on the serious subject of Beer!

Any beer over here has to be "iced" down(unfortunately)!

I was a Bitter drinker in England, over here they think it means you upset people! When I first moved here(after a months trial run, to see if the rednecks would accept me!), the local Witch Bar owner, walked up to me, with a smile on her you couldn't wipe of her face with a lemon, and handed me a bottle of Bass!

I told her, in a loud voice ...."What...........you sell that p!ss ovrer here as well?

She went white faced and weak kneed!

It seems she had ordered 24 cases of Bass just for me!

Originally Posted By: Jeff
If you can just stop being a Weymouth supporter and start being a Fleet one, then you know nothing about supporting football.

I said I followed, not supported. By following, it promotes a bit of interest when I watch the Premier Blue Square on Setanta.

I SUPPORT the Central Coast Mariners and that will never stop...Yellow Forever!!

You guys should be pleased that some people OS actually show some interest the Conference League and below...I bet not many of you would know anything about the Australian A-League!

So because I followed Weymouth for a bit of interest, Yes, it is as easy as changing my support for a team, especially as it may mean having an involvment within the team.

I would hate to be in your shoes, watching my local team turn into World FC. But it may be reality soon, and your little town and team will be in the International Spotlight. I hope you guys have some good drinking holes there, as Im sure you're going to attract a new breed of tourist, and not to mention the addition of an International Train Station. You're lives are really going to be rocked over the next few years!

As for my support, if the deal goes through, my support for Ebbsfleet will not be forever, but it be unconditional while I have an interest in the club and continue to pay for my membership. That includes purchasing club merchandise, attending games when in the UK, viewing forums daily and promoting the club back in Australia. This may be for only a year, it may be till the day I die, and I think you'll find it will be the same for all MyFC members. Remember, thats who we are....MyFC members, and while we have a controlling stake in Ebbsfleet, all MyFC members will be Ebbsfleet supporters.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
I thought I would make a seperate post on the serious subject of Beer!
Any beer over here has to be "iced" down(unfortunately)!
I was a Bitter drinker in England, over here they think it means you upset people!

For any expat looking for a bitter, pommy style, there is a Pub at St Albans about an hour north of Sydney (past Wiseman's Ferry) that sells bitter beer pommy style. Tastes bloody good too. He reckons he is 1 of 2 Pubs in NSW who sell it.

Thanks Darren, Thats very much how I see it, I am a member of a Golf Club and I pay an annual fee to participate in that club and use it has and when I like and it allows me a say how the club is run along with the other 999 members. I just see MyFC being exactly the same it allows me to participate and be involved as and when I can, and for that I commit £35 a year this does not give me any type of ownership but it does allow the club to know they have an annual income to improve the facilities and hopefully the team. I just hope that everyone who has committed to MyFC continues with this committment and because Ebbsfleet has been chosen, hope both the loyal supporters and us new found supporters can do things to take the club forward.

Originally Posted By: Stan NE
Thanks Darren, Thats very much how I see it, I am a member of a Golf Club and I pay an annual fee to participate in that club and use it has and when I like and it allows me a say how the club is run along with the other 999 members. I just see MyFC being exactly the same it allows me to participate and be involved as and when I can, and for that I commit £35 a year this does not give me any type of ownership but it does allow the club to know they have an annual income to improve the facilities and hopefully the team. I just hope that everyone who has committed to MyFC continues with this committment and because Ebbsfleet has been chosen, hope both the loyal supporters and us new found supporters can do things to take the club forward.

Totally agree.
The whole concept of "owning' a club is quite foreign to me and mostt Australians I would suggest.
It's only in recent times that Teams (I can't stand the term Franchise!!!) have had 'owners'. It started with the Basketball and has now entered the new Football A-League.
I've always been a 'member' of a club...Rugby, Golf, Basketball and have viewed my role as a follower/player who was prepared to put up money to ensure the club's survival.
I feel that way with MFC (hopefully Ebsfleet give successful due diligence) and I sense a swing away from 'ownership' by individuals to community ownership through Trusts..eg Enfield Town FC.
I've always looked om MFC being a likeminded community rather than an investment club.

Memo to MFC negotiators:

No Fosters!...its made for export piss that isn't even sold 'on tap' in Australia

Limited XXXX...won't get many Queenslanders at Stonebridge Road in Winter.

Insist on Carlton and Reschs in the EUFC bar.

Carlton..a smooth ale for the relaxing moments..we're up 3-nil...their down to 10 men...and all is good in the world.

Reschs...a bracing Bitter Ale for the more desparate moments.

Free beer to fat bearded blokes.

PS Get some Leinenkugel's Red so American FLEET FAN No1 has something decent to drink when he comes over to watch....I know he will!!!!

Vuko,

Don't want to show you up

BUT

Metho is always consumed at room temperature..the better brands that is!

Some of the cheaper brands can do with a slight chilling and the addition of lemon cordial.

As far as just drinking what they can get their hands on....your point?

Where'd you learn to spell Narrandera, anyway?

Originally Posted By: waggamick

Memo to MFC negotiators:
No Fosters!...its made for export piss that isn't even sold 'on tap' in Australia
Limited XXXX...won't get many Queenslanders at Stonebridge Road in Winter.
Insist on Carlton and Reschs in the EUFC bar.
Carlton..a smooth ale for the relaxing moments..we're up 3-nil...their down to 10 men...and all is good in the world.
Reschs...a bracing Bitter Ale for the more desparate moments.
Free beer to fat bearded blokes.

PS Get some Leinenkugel's Red so American FLEET FAN No1 has something decent to drink when he comes over to watch....I know he will!!!!

To some people that would sound like Anti-freeze(it isn't, is it? wink ), but I drink Killians red here!
If this scheme is to succeed..ALL beer served in the Club Bar should be red, even Hirsty's Strongbow should be red! smile

'Strongbow'

Talking of cider.......

I would hope the club bar would get rid of this imitation cider and will stock Weston's Sweet and Dry in 550ml Bottles, Bulmers Original and Weston's Organic 8.7% Cider.

Frome Valley Cider, Stowford Press And GL wouldn't go amiss either.

As you can tell........ I hate cider.