Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Tuesday 17th & Wednesday 18th April

Barker was a sub and came on for the last ten, due to Herv pulling out at 6pm.

Colin played in tge two previous rounds for us and is not a first team regular. And he's a not scored over 40 goals for the first team!!!!

#perspective

Colin played in tge two previous rounds for us and is not a first team regular. And he's a not scored over 40 goals for the first team!!!!

#perspective

Was that a bite or a chomp Jonno? I can't decide lol

#perspective

Jonno having a bite up...never!

I was informed that the forward had been out for 2 weeks and needed 60 minutes which he was given.

Our ressies ended up playing as many fecking first teams as reserves this season!

Lost most of our games on a tuesday night when the oppo send down a team littered with first teamers.....

#perspective

Deffo a chomp!!!

#perspective

Plus extra time!!

Depends on how you view your reserve side, if it's to develop players for the first team then playing these sides is actually what you want to be doing. Frustrating I know if you're trying to win things.

HERTS SENIOR CHALLENGE CUP FINAL

2-7 Oxhey Jets v Bishop’s Stortford

It's hardly surprising the report isn't on Oxhey Jets Website as yet, it sounded a bit embarrassing:

http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/Sport/Bishops-Stortford-FC-thrash-10-man-Oxhey-Jets-to-win-the-Herts-Senior-Cup-18042012.htm

#perspective

Plus extra time!!

Plus penalties.

It's hardly surprising the report isn't on Oxhey Jets Website as yet, it sounded a bit embarrassing:

http://www.hertsande...up-18042012.htm

The game hinged on the early sending off of the Oxhey Jets goalkeeper - a decision that had many people in attendance baffled.

To be fair to Jonno Dean Barker has only started 4 1st team games.

Colin has started 27 and has 7th most starts this season so I'd say pretty regular! It's good when a club has up to date stats and team sheets on its website.

Kieron who was in goal for the semi, who was MoM has the 10th most 1st team appearences with 21 starts.

George 14th most 1st team starts with 18.

I'd say fair enough, that doesn't seem to be taking the piss to me.

Depends on how you view your reserve side, if it's to develop players for the first team then playing these sides is actually what you want to be doing. Frustrating I know if you're trying to win things.

Sure and as Munchkin said we also had some good performances and it showed a few of the young lads were ready for 1st team. However can also be very disheartening doing a long midweek travel to play a first team who smash it

Embarrassing how?? They are a conference north side, on a lot of money with on loan professional players and are four leagues above us. We play for the love of football and the club, we have and have never had any form of payment and we played with 10 men for 75 mins.

As a person who says (albeit loosly) that you are a fan and follower of SSMFL clubs, why dont you congratulate us on being only the second club from our level to ever reach that final and for the run to get there which included beating both Royston and Cheshunt.

As your not welcome at any club within our league, please dont hesitate to attend our next county final on the 2nd of May or our St Mary's final on the 7th May and judge our football for yourself.

Embarrassing..........i dont think so

Embarrassing how?? They are a conference north side, on a lot of money with on loan professional players and are four leagues above us. We play for the love of football and the club, we have and have never had any form of payment and we played with 10 men for 75 mins.

As a person who says (albeit loosly) that you are a fan and follower of SSMFL clubs, why dont you congratulate us on being only the second club from our level to ever reach that final and for the run to get there which included beating both Royston and Cheshunt.

As your not welcome at any club within our league, please dont hesitate to attend our next county final on the 2nd of May or our St Mary's final on the 7th May and judge our football for yourself.

Have to agree with the above. From what i have seen of Oxhey Jets this season i thought they should have been higher up the table.

<p>

HERTS SENIOR CHALLENGE CUP FINAL 2-7 Oxhey Jets v Bishop’s Stortford
It's hardly surprising the report isn't on Oxhey Jets Website as yet, it sounded a bit embarrassing: http://www.hertsande...up-18042012.htm
Embarrassing how?? They are a conference north side, on a lot of money with on loan professional players and are four leagues above us. We play for the love of football and the club, we have and have never had any form of payment and we played with 10 men for 75 mins. As a person who says (albeit loosly) that you are a fan and follower of SSMFL clubs, why dont you congratulate us on being only the second club from our level to ever reach that final and for the run to get there which included beating both Royston and Cheshunt. As your not welcome at any club within our league, please dont hesitate to attend our next county final on the 2nd of May or our St Mary's final on the 7th May and judge our football for yourself. Embarrassing..........i dont think so
</p>

<p>Ignore that mate, looks like you gave a good account of yourselves against practically a pro outfit. Oxhey have done really well in the last decade, I remember playing them in the Cherry Red trophy before the came into SSML we turned up to what was basically a school pitch (1999), they were in Spurs replica kits and we were laughing to ourselves working out who was score this and that many,(gaffer was a massive bloke, he gave me some stick I turned round to give him both barrels and quickly thought better of it lol) took it too lightly 1st half 3-0 down we got back to 3-2 of course I scored MM8 twice and should have had a 3rd at the death to go to extra time. Pretty soon they were in SSML and have never looked back. Congrtats on a great run and scoring twice against them, teams have won games by bigger margins in the Prem div this year so Rhodes again is just being totally ridiculous, I guess he sneaked off the sunshine bus and away from his helper again.</p>

<div id="CLSCRIPT_communicationDiv"> </div>

Agree wholeheartedly, and guess if Rhodes attended a variety of games then people would appreciate his opinion as he would have seen things first hand.

Then again he's probably sh1t scared to venture further than Hertford where mid April he turns up dressed as Santa Claus hoping his disguise will go unnoticed.