Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 28th November Match Thread

Farnborough/Cove 0 Horley Town 4

Amazed when we saw the team sheet today Cove had signed on nine players from Farnborough both first team and acadamine players. Only two Cove players played today. Strange seeing Spencer Day and all the Farnborough Officals wondering around as if they owned the place. A large Horley following saw Town play very well and we opened the scoring through John Eldred. It was still 1-0 to Horley at half time. The second half was all Horley Town and further goals from Ashley Nadesen,Richard Wetton and Jack Poplett rounded of a good performence all round for Town.

Went to watch Eversley & California vs Abbey Rangers, in my opinion both stand a very good chance of promotion this season.  Abbey Rangers were very well organised and fully deserved their 3-0 win, another great advert for the CCL. Looking forward to watching Ash United vs Epsom Athletic next Saturday :D ​ ​

Amazed when we saw the team sheet today Cove had signed on nine players from Farnborough both first team and acadamine players. Only two Cove players played today. Strange seeing Spencer Day and all the Farnborough Officals wondering around as if they owned the place. A large Horley following saw Town play very well and we opened the scoring through John Eldred. It was still 1-0 to Horley at half time. The second half was all Horley Town and further goals from Ashley Nadesen,Richard Wetton and Jack Poplett rounded of a good performence all round for Town.

Farnborough are apparently looking to do a groundshare with one of our local teams (cove/camberley)maybe thats why they are taking an interest,if things turn out and boro's worst fears become a reality then they will probably be in CCL Div1 next season,sounds as if some of their players are trying to get used to playing in CCL and thats why they played against you yesterday mate. Edited by duncs

Well it didn't take long for the Spencer day and or Farnborough bashing to begin! It least it keeps a few of you ticking!

For the record we were just helping out one of our local teams who have been struggling to field players over the last few weeks. Contrary to posts only five players signed on, all just 18 years of age and none have started a League game. It was good opportunity to help out our local team and a chance to see how some of our academy lads are progressing.

As for looking like we owned the place, if you count meeting the manager at 1pm and then walking to the back of the far stand just before kick off owning the place then good luck! And as for the rumours of ground sharing with local teams with them paying for a 4g and us being in ccl 1 then you are so far off the mark but it's enjoyable watching the false rumours gaining momentum from posters who know absolutely nothing....

As for the game it was dominated by Horley who looked a compact unit but failed to kill the game off until the last ten minutes or so which could have made things difficult. The young cove keeper did very well and it was a bonus that he is the son of our youth chairman so something to keep an eye on. But highlight of the afternoon for me was the constant good spirited banter with the group of Horley fans sitting in the stand with us, top group who were a credit to Non league support and brought many smiles to us all!

All the best to both clubs for the rest of the season, I personally hope we don't see you next year competitively but if we do then I nearly always enjoyed my team in the CCL and I'm sure we will do again!

Was at the Redhill vs HW game yesterday. Comfortable away win. Would like to congratulate both teams and the referee for playing the game on a pitch that many officials would have called off.

There was a small area that was so soft that you sank into it as you walked through it. One or two other dodgy areas as well. Both teams were keen to play though as was the ref. Just shows that matches can go ahead on surfaces that are not ideal.

Would say that the pitch was a lot worse than the one I turned up at recently which ended up being postponed half an hour before kick off

What can I say Horse ??

I had to read your post twice to realise the implications !!

Having paused and had a ponder, I deem it best I refrain from any further direct comment on what seems to be a fresh Farnborough development.

Maybe, 'Watch This Space'  might just be the best observation at this time.

Rather than ridiculing Farnborough and Spencer Day,should we not be applauding them,for helping out Cove,in their time of need.Cove may of not reached the end of the current season,the way things were going surely?

To me smudge all this will do is have any good players that were left at cove, Will leave if dropped because farnborough first/academy players turn up here and then.

It was embarrassing the cove manager did not say one word to the team for the first 20 mins because they didn't know the names.

There was no direction from anyone.

It's a recipe for disaster.

But I do hope cove can sort it out as they have been with us a long time and I enjoy my games there.

But the farnborough players will not give them no passion, desire and commitment and that's what they need in this situation. Do you think those players were bothered when we beat them????

Also none of those farnborough players would of got in our team from what I see in that game.

Rather than ridiculing Farnborough and Spencer Day,should we not be applauding them,for helping out Cove,in their time of need.Cove may of not reached the end of the current season,the way things were going surely?

While I agree with you in essence, Peter, the phrase 'An Ulterior Motive' springs to mind.

Here is the match report from our win at Colliers Wood United on Saturday.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-28.html

We were second best for the first half hour and should have gone behind after 40 minutes when our keeper made a great save with a trailing leg. The second half was a different story and we finished well on top by the end. It's nice to be in the top five right now as they are way clear of the rest already. Clearly our tactical game plan of going out of all the non-winnable cups early was way ahead of its time :) 

As for the Farnborough / Cove story, I disagree with what Smudge has said (welcome back Smudge, by the way) about applauding Farnborough. In fact I think we should be doing nothing at all at this stage as it's not very clear exactly what is happening down there right now..

But let's be clear on one thing. Cove were, and probably still are going down. They needed to do something and clearly required a huge player turnover, especially after their recent non fulfilment of a fixture. If some of the players have come from Farnborough then that's the way it goes. At least they are probably local. 

Whether it is Farnborough generosity, Spencer empire building or even Farnborough looking for a new string to their bow, it really is all conjecture for the majority of us on here so best to say nothing at all right now. We'll all find out soon enough.