Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

If the Urchins win promotion......

Nutchutney

It will be one in the eye for all the gloaters who laughed when we were relegated to the Essex Senior League.

It would be no small achievement to get back to the Conference South in the least possible time.

My biggest worry would be whether we could sustain ourselves at that level on the income streams currently coming in. I'm sure Colin would want to bring some new faces in and perhaps some others would have to move on.

We can dream, I suppose and after Saturday's excellent result we can compete with anyone in this division.

Roll on Saturday!

That Pig has just flown past my window as well.........only kidding, as you say it would be nice and I'm sure that Colin and the team deserve it but I quite like this this league and one more season would not be a bad thing............

I hope you don't win promotion not only because of the rivalry between both sets of supporters but because we are making a serious push for the play-off places and would love to be playing against your lot next year and we like playing against teams who have a bit of support its a better atmosphere than say ware away(4 silent pricks and 8 flags)!!

Hope you fail!!

Linney

Let's not get carried away because of the win over Chelmsford, it was a great result but you've got to be realistic and see that we are a good mid table side, I don't think we'll make the play offs this season and finishing mid table will be a good achievement for our first season after promotion.

In terms of attandances increasing should we gain promotion, it may not neccessarily be the case. We've had big home gates against Chelmo and Ricay this season and would expect our biggest to be against the Wombles but this season the gates have been pretty low and probably not as high as last season, we have'nt had a 400+ crowd in about 15 home matches.

It's wonderful what a morale boosting win at the league leaders can do. We have the players, structure staff etc..., so there's no reason why we cannot do well if promoted. But there's a few that will be doing their best to ensure we don't go up, Staines, Horsham etc...

Hwever we can do it and Linney? Local derbies? I do like CIFC but feel your best local derby will be Concord in RD1N.

can't see where you are coming from there tree,i don't think the standard is much better in connie south,in fact the bottom half of that league has some poor sides,i think we would hold our own as if we did go up we would probably add a couple of players.

Anyway spuddy is right,we shouldn't get carried away after saturday,maybe if we beat carshalton,horsham and staines the next 3 games we can seriously start looking at the play offs.

As far as the crowds go,the staines game was not a bad crowd for a tuesday evening game even if it was free,we would of struggled to get that in the con south 3 years ago for a night game.

Hopefully a few more will come over saturday to see what they missed out on against chelmo.

I don't think it's so much the Chelmsford result.

We should've beaten a lot of teams we've played this season.

Are there many teams that have impressed us?

If we play safe and stay in this league, doesn't give us automatic promotion mnext year.

Hornchurch are in a similar situation to Orient. No one thinks they will stay up if promoted.

Both teams are close to acheiving play-offs.

I would rather put it to the test and visit new grounds next season. You never know.

As for support, i think the loyal 250 or so would stay with us even if we had a bad season. I know i would.

Even with the team we have at the moment we would hold our own in the Conf South, there are certainly some good sides in that league but you only have to look at how well Bromley and H&R are doing to realise that it's probably harder to get promotion from the Ryman Premier than it is to actually stay in the Conf South.

Originally Posted By: Spuddy
Even with the team we have at the moment we would hold our own in the Conf South, there are certainly some good sides in that league

There is also alot of crap in there at the moment. I reckon most of the teams in the top 8 of the Ryman Premier could comfortably finish mid table in Conf South.

Originally Posted By: Hornchurch O

As for support, i think the loyal 250 or so would stay with us even if we had a bad season. I know i would.

I think we need more than 250 to sustain any promotion, AFC Wombles average of 2500, which equates to about a weekly budget available of 20-25K. Which is better than some league outfits.

I would prefer to stay in Ryman Prem increase our following, improve our squad and push for promotion and some better cup runs.
Simple this footballing lark. LOL wink

Originally Posted By: Digger The Cat
Originally Posted By: Hornchurch O

I think we need more than 250 to sustain any promotion, AFC Wombles average of 2500, which equates to about a weekly budget available of 20-25K. Which is better than some league outfits.

I would prefer to stay in Ryman Prem increase our following, improve our squad and push for promotion and some better cup runs.
Simple this footballing lark. LOL wink

i agree with that smile

way out diggsy..assuming they do average 2500 which I doubt (because they count all season tickets and thats a whole different ball game for later) at an average of £6.50 after concessions would equate to £16,250 which is £8,125 per week..

smile

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

way out diggsy..assuming they do average 2500 which I doubt (because they count all season tickets and thats a whole different ball game for later) at an average of £6.50 after concessions would equate to £16,250 which is £8,125 per week..

smile

Unc,
I will have to respect your knowledge and experience.
I was only comparing the home games with Simple maths 2500 x £10, which would include for teas, burgers programmes etc, etc.