Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Profit, surely not...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

as for announcing things to club fans...AGM's are the best place for accounts to be discussed..not public forums...IMO...

Our shareholders AGM was last week, and that was when the announcements were made.

The "discussing" of our accounts was instigated by your good self.

My original post was made, with tongue firmly in cheek, there was no need, imo, for people who are not shareholders, or even supporters of Billericay, to question the accuracy of our acc's.

To be perfectly honest, I can't see why anyone outside of the Billericay family would want to know anyway.

I accept that a valid reason of questioning would be for the purpose of learning from, with the intention of using that knowledge to better their own club, but I haven't seen any of that.

This thread has degenerated into a topic that has been done to death. I thought we had moved on, but obviously not, our finances remain the number One topic of fascination for the few.

I should have known better...

I still say that any club in non League football that can display a trading profit is doing well. I am happy that we at Cressing Road are moving forward and making progress and it seems that is also the case at New Lodge.

The glamour in football is all about the players and management, but those administrators that keep clubs on an even keel also deserve to be applauded and appreciated.

Perhaps the unhealthy fascination by the few in club finances should be taken as a compliment?

After all the Chelmsford lies about our finances it actually turns out that we made a profit!

A massive well done to all those that have made our football club a profitable, stable and diverse club. Long may it continue and here's to a bigger profit next year!

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier
Originally Posted By: Localfan
TC, I was presuming you were owner and main sponsor, from another conversation....if not...my mistake, wrong info.....

Just didn't see the reason for giving good news but tainting it with a dig at City......?

No dig inteneded LF:

This will of course be a shock for some Essex folk and it has caused reverberations in the city.

Just a bit of lighthearted football banter I thought? sorry if I offended.

....and abit of fishing I suspect grin.... Actually the personal attacks by Gary aside, there are some excellent points discussed and opinions from you and UU who are heavily involved in the non league scene. Isn't that what MB's are about....

The "discussing" of our accounts was instigated by your good self.

are you sure.... grin

Last night was our annual shareholders meeting, and yes, our latest set of accounts show a profit.

This will of course be a shock for some Essex folk and it has caused reverberations in the city. grin

There was even a rush to buy shares before the meeting, with a number of shrewed new investors looking to ad stock of BTFC Ltd to their existing portfolio's.

there are some excellent points discussed and opinions from you and UU who are heavily involved in the non league scene.

Improve Your Wordpower.

syc·o·phant

–noun

a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

"I still say that any club in non League football that can display a trading profit is doing well. I am happy that we at Cressing Road are moving forward and making progress and it seems that is also the case at New Lodge."

"Display" being the operative word, Iron Webbo....

Quote:
One man's "sycophancy" is another man's "giving credit where credit is due....

No it isn't! Sycophancy is not subjective. It is there for all to see. If you are of around average intelligence you are able to discern genuine praise from [****!!****]-licking, puke inducing sycophancy. Localfan displays the latter in buckets.

What enjoying a exchange with TC?...what bollox. biglaugh

On that we agree.

What bollox indeed.