Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Vote

Halfway through the voting process, a whopping 9% of the electorate (2,700 people) have bothered to vote. I am slightly confused that MyFC have stated that a member of the Web Team will be on the board. How do they know? Surely it's down to who the membership votes for who's on the board? In other news, Will Brooks is now talking about selling life memberships of MyFC, a figure of £500 has been suggested. This smells more and more like the work of a dodgy timeshare salesman every day.

Originally Posted By: clowntown
Halfway through the voting process, a whopping 9% of the electorate (2,700 people) have bothered to vote.

Its probably taking people weeks to trawl through the candidates manifestos
I am slightly confused that MyFC have stated that a member of the Web Team will be on the board. How do they know? Surely it's down to who the membership votes for who's on the board?

and you are surprised by this? Why? Its already been posted here that MyFC have no intention of revealing the full voting statisics. However, I would expect a huge about-turn in this if the web-team legitimately win a seat on the board. Are the web-team members KNOWN to the voting masses?

In other news, Will Brooks is now talking about selling life memberships of MyFC, a figure of £500 has been suggested. This smells more and more like the work of a dodgy timeshare salesman every day.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Depending on the percentage that the 'admin' intend to take that is. All extra money gladly received by the club. Am sure there will be a few eejits who think that paying 13 years up front makes sense!

Pat, I havent seen anything about web team members being on the MYFC board. I may be wrong, time will tell. As far as I see it, the web team provide the website. I know that no members of the web team are/can stand as candidates.

Also, from an article Tuesday

" a full list of the election results will published immediately afterwards. We are confident that this will all take place before 16:00 UK time."

I am slightly confused that MyFC have stated that a member of the Web Team will be on the board. How do they know? Surely it's down to who the membership votes for who's on the board?

Not for the first time clowntown - you are talking bullsh*t. There will not be a memebr of the Web Team on the Board. No memebr of the WT was nominated as a candidate.

OK. I feel that I have to say this.

This is the Fleet forum. This is not the anti Will Brooks/MyFC forum.

Everytime I have been on here in the last week, all I have been seeing are these swipes (Joel Ledigster being released from Oxford aside).

If you just want to slag it all off, could you PM each other or start a new forum or something?

Frankly, it's getting boring.

This is a place to talk about football, debate Chatham Garys' team selections and find out what Colin Blewden is up to nowadays.

"If you are a member of MYFC please vote."

It's not for the want of trying, Dom. Sorry I can't give you an oul vote but although I am still a member of MyFC according to The Great One, I am not allowed to access the website to vote in the election, select the team or otherwise participate in any of the benefits of "ownership" of "my" club. Despite several requests, my membership fee has NOT been refunded. I therefore find myself in a new category of "owner" or membership ... the diddled-out-of-their-money group.

Am I worried ? No way. William is being watched - and not by wee me. smile

p.s. Jeff, this thread is about the MyFC elections and the whole MyFC takeover of EUFC has completely changed the equation.

Originally Posted By: Jeff

Everytime I have been on here in the last week, all I have been seeing are these swipes (Joel Ledigster being released from Oxford aside).

If you just want to slag it all off, could you PM each other or start a new forum or something?

This is a place to talk about football, debate Chatham Garys' team selections and find out what Colin Blewden is up to nowadays.

Although I want to agree fully with this, Jeff, a lickle, ickle part of me is intruiged by these events if there was even a grain of truth in the allegations.
Clearly voting on issues has controlled to a greater or lesser extent by the "powers" behind MyFC, by dictating the type of vote, selection of choice and duration of vote, which from the evidence so far leads a non member like myself at least to question some of the politics and tactics behind it all.
To my mind, if Derryman wants to continue his spat with WB on the Fleet forum, then it is a legitimate subject, and should have it's own thread, rather than spreading it's tendrils onto every other thread.
It is relevent, and if Derryman has paid his £35, hasn't abused MYFc but legitimatally questioned the ltransparancy and legality of some stuff, which has resulted in a ban for him, then it surely it is in the interest of ALL members of Ebbsfleet fanbase to be made aware of this.
Sorry to get on my political soapbox, but I'm only calling it, as ever, as I see it.

Jeff, I have been trying not to talk about MYFC, but if somebody posts what I think is inaccurate info, I will correct it. This thread is about the board vote, so discussion about the board vote will be on here.

I would much rather talk about EUFC.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
Jeff, I have been trying not to talk about MYFC, but if somebody posts what I think is inaccurate info, I will correct it. This thread is about the board vote, so discussion about the board vote will be on here.

I would much rather talk about EUFC.

Many moons ago (about November time) I suggested that maybe a sub-forum for MyFC matters might be a good idea. That way, those who wanted to look/discuss such matters would have somewhere to post, and those that didn't could avoid them.

And as much as its not a popular, idea MyFC and EUFC are linked very tightly - from player selection thru to the board, each affects the other.

I'm with Jeff on this one. If you want a thread to slag MyFc/Brooks off then start one but please don't keep twisting topics into the same direction. Derryman you are obviously a very bright journalist but i personally do not understand why you need to air your personal battle with WB on here. Why the need to keep posting links about him?

Originally Posted By: DA11

I'm with Jeff on this one. If you want a thread to slag MyFc/Brooks off then start one but please don't keep twisting topics into the same direction. Derryman you are obviously a very bright journalist but i personally do not understand why you need to air your personal battle with WB on here. Why the need to keep posting links about him?

not all the links were about Will Brooks one was about someone with the first name Brooks, i just think he has a Brooks phobia

DA, flattery will get you nowhere. smile

1 - It may appear to be a "personal battle" and I'm sure WB would love everyone to assume that this is all it is, some disgruntled reprobate (but a very handsome one) with a personal axe to grind against him. That, however, is not the case. There are some fundamental issues concerning how the MyFC project is being managed and progressed that affect ALL members of MyFC and, beyond that, the future of EUFC because of MyFC's takeover of the club. I and others raised some of these issues and in response to that I was banned. It seems Will "Brooks" no opposition. frown

2 - I would be perfectly prepared and indeed would love to take these issues up on the MyFC forums themselves but er .... this is where we came in.

p.s. Almost forgot to mention that I was chatting at the Everton game last night with a 'Liverpool Echo' journalist who wanted to bet me that WB wouldn't be long in trying to take over this site and bend it to his wicked Will. I didn't take the bet but now I'm wondering how WB might be able to accomplish this.