Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Vote

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: BustaGut

A supporter yes a fan no. A fan goes to as many matches as he can every year on the board or NOT!!

Well EUFC is the only club I support - haven't been to a game yet but I am hoping to get to the Woking and Oxford league games and Wembley if we make it.

Would you regard me as a supporter or a fan?

Or maybe Josh - who lives in America and like me has supported EUFC since November. He's already been over three times to games.
Would you regard him as a supporter or a fan?

I stand by what I said, if you pay nothing towards looking after a club (watch matches) and only look at results in the media, then your neither, just a on looker like any other share holder

Originally Posted By: Claudius

I am fairly sure you know candidates like Chris P and Brian A for example. They haven´t made any effort at all taking part in the forum for MyFC they are now the representatives of.

Very much like 29,000 people who had done fnck all taking part in Ebbsfleet United until they landed on our doorstep when the club was bought out. We've given them a chance and in many cases they have vindicated themselves. How about you give Chris and Brian a chance and let them do the same? I think you've made your point well enough as it is.

One post Chris P better shape up something extraordinary.
I´ll be after him otherwise..day after day after..
I´ll promise.

Isn't that rather sad? As long as he does a job as good as his six colleagues, why should he merit special attention/stalking from you?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I am extremly unhappy with the result of the vote.
That said,I accept it of course.
That said again,I am fully free to critisise things thats need to be critisised IMO.
I am fairly sure you know candidates like Chris P and Brian A for example.
They haven´t made any effort at all taking part in the forum for MyFC they are now the representatives of.
If they continue to think they will get away with one post every other year or so,they have another thing coming for them from this direction.
I said it over on that forum.I say it over here as well..allthough I do know for a fact that not a single soul will agree with me.
I couldn´t care less to tell the truth.
One post Chris P better shape up something extraordinary.
I´ll be after him otherwise..day after day after..
I´ll promise.

and I shall be watching you and all the other self serving numpties that are tonight spitting blood because their precious democracy backfired on them...

couldn't make it all up culdya.... grin

Don't you mean demoncracy? devil

I stand by what I said, if you pay nothing towards looking after a club (watch matches) and only look at results in the media, then your neither, just a on looker like any other share holder

let's see -

watch all the games on MyFc website

£27.50 of my membership towards clearing the club debts.

Will buy 5 team jerseys for myself and four children when they are available.

Have organised for four coaches to bring an extra 200 MyFc members to Stonebridge Road on April 5th that will contribute about £2,600 in extra gate receipts. The same for the game against Altrincham on the 19th and probably double that for the Oxford match.

Have started the process of establishing a MyFc weekly lotto that will probably raise upwards of £50,000 per year for the club.

I am involved in efforts to establish a club magazine/fanzine that has the potential to contribute £5,000+ from sales and advertising.

Haven't done all of this on my own - but the transport plan, the MyFc lotto and the club magazine will probably contribute in excess of £100,000 over the next twelve months.

How much will you raise for the club in the next year?

let's see -

Have organised for four coaches to bring an extra 200 MyFc members to Stonebridge Road on April 5th that will contribute about £2,600 in extra gate receipts. The same for the game against Altrincham on the 19th and probably double that for the Oxford match.

Have started the process of establishing a MyFc weekly lotto that will probably raise upwards of £50,000 per year for the club.

I am involved in efforts to establish a club magazine/fanzine that has the potential to contribute £5,000+ from sales and advertising.

Haven't done all of this on my own - but the transport plan, the MyFc lotto and the club magazine will probably contribute in excess of £100,000 over the next twelve months.

how long before the vote for the board took place???
Me attending matches since 1963 because i wanted to, not because Brooks told me to, enough said happy days smile or should that be i'm in efforts to attend, nope mine is i have a done, not a attempt

let's see -

you still here.....the people have voted...

you out... busted

Feeling unappreciated Goebby ?

Nevermind, perhaps Willy will give you the contract on Derryman.

lmfao.

let's see -

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: clowntown
How terribly charitable of you Dohococoa.

I myself have bought a goat for a family in India.

I hope they hurry up and collect it, the bloody thing's been chewing up my curtains.

ha ha ha...gotta larf aintya... biglaugh

Yes! biglaugh

3 months.
Me attending matches since 1963 because i wanted to, not because Brooks told me to,

I spend more time telling Will Brooks what to do that he does telling me. And it will cost me between £250-£300 to get to a game. We don't all have the luxury of living within walking distance of the ground.

or should that be i'm in efforts to attend, nope mine is i have a done, not a attempt

So the sole criteria for being a real EUFC fan is the spend 40 years standing at the back of the stand at Stonebridge Road scratching your [****!!****]. EUFC must have all of 10 or 12 real fans so! tongue

3 months.
Me attending matches since 1963 because i wanted to, not because Brooks told me to,

I spend more time telling Will Brooks what to do that he does telling me. And it will cost me between £250-£300 to get to a game. We don't all have the luxury of living within walking distance of the ground.

or should that be i'm in efforts to attend, nope mine is i have a done, not a attempt

So the sole criteria for being a real EUFC fan is the spend 40 years standing at the back of the stand at Stonebridge Road scratching your [****!!****]. EUFC must have all of 10 or 12 real fans so! tongue

Maybe so............But those 10 or 12 real fans will still be there long after you have gone.............If they still have a Team to watch!

Oh dear........

I think you may have scored what's called an own goal here mate !

"we don't all have the luxury of living within walking distance of the ground"

I wouldn't call it a luxury, but I am sure the fans that live in the Borough ( and even those that have moved therefrom ) are proud to support their local team. If you want the same "luxury" then you could always follow your local team ?

"So the sole criteria for being a real EUFC fan is the spend 40 years standing at the back of the stand at Stonebridge Road scratching your [****!!****]. EUFC must have all of 10 or 12 real fans so!"

Don't attack those that have been supporters for a long time.

They have probably spent more money watching the club over 40 years than the cost of organising a couple of coaches matey !!

You are not the Messiah you know !

Originally Posted By: Alan ( GNFC )

Simple - support a team nearer home and reduce your carbon footprint, Doheochai instead of wasting unnecessary energy travelling to some random club you found on the internet.

My local club folded in the mid-1980's as a result of ecomonic depression and emigration - oh the memories of standing on the side of a cliff cheering them on while a gale force atlantic wind cutting the balls off you.

It's nice to know there are some EUFC supporters that are happy to live in splendid isolation and turn their back on new people who want to become fans of 'their' club. Good job it's only a handful - at least the 6 locals elected today have a more open view of the global potential of EUFC.

Maybe if more than 20% of the MyFC sheeple had bothered to vote - then you might have had a different result?

The "wisdom of the masses" have spoken - the whole idea that hundreds or thousands of people will come to the correct decision was the main idea behind the MyFC thinking. And now that they HAVE decided, some of the unhappy ones think they are wrong - kinda contradicts the entire strategy really.

Being a fan is not about buying shirts, trying to rival the Lottery, or thinking they can be the new Kings Ferry - its about turning up, week after week after week. Putting up with nights like Tuesday, knowing there are days like Saturday. Its why most people support a local team, so they CAN watch.

And those who choose to support a distant team - tough. Its your own choice, the Cockney Reds, the Dublin Bhoys - they shell out money to watch their team - and dont bleat about the cost. its an expense that you choose - live with it.