Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Vote

Originally Posted By: Derryman

p.s. Almost forgot to mention that I was chatting at the Everton game last night with a 'Liverpool Echo' journalist who wanted to bet me that WB wouldn't be long in trying to take over this site and bend it to his wicked Will. I didn't take the bet but now I'm wondering how WB might be able to accomplish this.

he won't...unless Ian-w takes a riciculously inflated offer from head moonie for the whole site in which case we'll move to a new one and carry on... grin

good innit... yay

Tbh, I think he was extracting the urine. He was saying that now that MyFC owned the club, they owned the EUFC website and the link to this Forum. He reckoned WB would want to amalgamate everything under one site under his control with no loose ends or loose cannons. I couldn't see how it could be done myself but as I'm not big into techno stuff, I left it.

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: clowntown
I am slightly confused that MyFC have stated that a member of the Web Team will be on the board. How do they know? Surely it's down to who the membership votes for who's on the board?

Not for the first time clowntown - you are talking bullsh*t. There will not be a memebr of the Web Team on the Board. No memebr of the WT was nominated as a candidate.

The original MyFC FAQ when they were soliciting £35 donations states quite clearly:
---
“Who will be on the Board of the club?”
New Directors will be appointed, whose role will include ensuring that decisions taken by MyFootballClub members are implemented on a day-to-day basis. A member of the MyFootballClub web team will also be on the Board, as good communication between the website and the club will be crucial to MyFootballClub’s success.
---
How does this play into the current structure/vote?

Tbh, I think he was extracting the urine. He was saying that now that MyFC owned the club, they owned the EUFC website and the link to this Forum. He reckoned WB would want to amalgamate everything under one site under his control with no loose ends or loose cannons. I couldn't see how it could be done myself but as I'm not big into techno stuff, I left it.

The whole thing sounds like w@nk to me, but as it's just really all hearsay and conjecture who really cares?

If there's been one thing about myfc that has pi$$ed me off on this forum, it's the amount of c0cks it has bought out of the woodwork. We have enough of our own cough *allstars*

If you wanna have your own little fight with Brooks go ahead, but leave this place out of it and stop turning every other thread into an anti myfc rant.

It got bad enough here one slow slow summer that someone was forced to have a 'don't change thread topic' rule. It was a pain and not very fun, but it worked.

Don't make us go back to it please.

Originally Posted By: clowntown
The original MyFC FAQ when they were soliciting £35 donations states quite clearly:
---
“Who will be on the Board of the club?”
New Directors will be appointed, whose role will include ensuring that decisions taken by MyFootballClub members are implemented on a day-to-day basis. A member of the MyFootballClub web team will also be on the Board, as good communication between the website and the club will be crucial to MyFootballClub’s success.
---
How does this play into the current structure/vote?

Think you will find this is related to the board of EUFC Ltd. Not the society board that is currently being elected.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
After the 2,700 figure was sent out in an MYFC email, the figure has jumped 1,000 to 3,700.

If you are a member of MYFC please vote.

Thats a big jump - but still a very poor response.

I would assume that those joining now (after the take-over has been made official) are the most likely to want to participate in voting.
Where does that leave the early joiners? Many nosey media-people? Other managers? Bored with it already? More worryingly -are they less likely to want to renew?

Originally Posted By: chris blanc

Don't make us go back to it please.

seems as though you may be in a hurry to go back to it Chris.....personally I think your post above is heavy handed and uncalled for..he has as much right to be on here as you do and is not abusing anyone...his posts are hardly rants (although yours certainly is) and the thread in question was part related to the myfc voting policies...

Originally Posted By: Santa
Think you will find this is related to the board of EUFC Ltd. Not the society board that is currently being elected.

So what purpose does this Society Board actually serve? If implementing MyFC members' decisions is being taken by a completely different board - one featuring an unelected 'Web Team member' (presumably Mr Brooks) and no other MyFC representation - then the Society Board has no real power or purpose. This charade just keeps getting more and more farcical.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

seems as though you may be in a hurry to go back to it Chris.....personally I think your post above is heavy handed and uncalled for..he has as much right to be on here as you do and is not abusing anyone...his posts are hardly rants (although yours certainly is) and the thread in question was part related to the myfc voting policies...

I'm not just referring to this thread when I talk about topic change and I wasn't referring to him when I was talking about c0cks coming out of the woodwork smile

I don't want to get back to it at all. No one does that really cares about the forum.

Have to agree with Jeff's earlier post, although this topic is given the name of 'Board Vote' relating to the MyFC society board vote, so doesn't need to be read if no-one is interested.

Perhaps it might be best to have either a MyFC sub forum or if someone is starting a MyFC related topic to include it in the topic, e.g. MYFC - Board Vote.

That way those who don't want to read MyFC related guff, ramblings, Will bashing, or the occasional tale of how great MyFC is, need not have to trawl through a particular thread.

Only downside is that as MyFC are the majority shareholder it does risk being brought up in many avenues, and then there is the problem of making sure people keep to these specified topics or sub forum.

I make this wonderful one-off offer :

If someone can persuade Mr Will Brooks to post here and on the MyFC forum that he is refunding my £35 and cancelling my membership, I'll leave you all to it and never darken your bath towels again.

Now, I can't say fairer than that.

I make this wonderful one-off offer :

If someone can persuade Mr Will Brooks to post here and on the MyFC forum that he is refunding my £35 and cancelling my membership, I'll leave you all to it and never darken your bath towels again.

Now, I can't say fairer than that.

But what is it to us? No one has said they want you to leave, just to leave your arguments off this forum