Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Vote

The ballots have opened for the Society Board vote over at MyFC, like other members I have seven votes but I'm at a loss who to vote for. I started reading the manifestos but everyone seemed to be saying exactly the same thing (what they think people want to hear) in a dreary and overlong manner and it made my brain yawn reading it all so I gave up. It's thought most other people have been put off for the same reason, and many are predicting a voter turn out barely over 10% of the 29,000 membership.

So who should I vote for? I thought by asking on here that it would perhaps flush out some of those candidates wot actually have links to G&N or at the very least care enough wot original G&N fans think to actually check this board. I am open to suggestions, and also bribes (particularly in the form of beer). Ta x

DA11, Jessica, Asbodan and Harry J Allstars all long-timers that I'm aware of.

Chelseaspencer a recent convert but ardent (now that's a word I haven't used for quite a while... and local.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, I'm sure someone else will step in and add to the list...

I predicted a low election turnout of 3872 (on the thread asking for guesses) but now that Flasher the autocrat has prevented me accessing the site - but not actually rescinded my MyFC membership and/or returned my cash so that I am left as a 2nd class 'Limbo Member' - I am unable to either vote or personally check up on my prediction. I had promised my votes to Jessica and other local REAL Fleet fans.

(Yes, I know my mates are relaying info to me and I can access via their memberships but that's not the point.)

Originally Posted By: Derryman
I predicted a low election turnout of 3872

Tbh I don't think even that many will vote as I think the majority of subscribers to the site login a few times, get bored, think it's a pile of wa*k, lose interest, or whatever, and don't go back again and just write off their £35 as a mistake.

Hope to be proved wrong, but would be interested to know how many of the 29k members have logged in anymore than say 10 times since joining.

Well, we might never know because Flasher was unwilling to give any assurance that full electoral details (e.g. total votes cast, total valid votes, spoiled votes, total votes for each candidate etc.) would be provided. He just wanted to announce his Magnificent Seven winners by iPod until certain members (not myself initially, I hasten to add) objected to these plans. I was alerted by pm s from other members.

It was when I challenged Flasher on the need for full accountability and transparency in elections as a token of how MyFC intended to conduct itself that he finally lost the rag with me.

Well, FJ, is you are a MyFC member you should now be 'suspended' by Flasher just like I was for challenging The Great One.

He also took exception to my pointing out that "shares" in MyFC were not the same as shares in other clubs (I am a Glasgow Celtic shareholder) insofar as they are untradeable, unsellable, unbequeathable and lapse after 1 year; you don't really "own" a slice of the club. So to call your MyFC membership a "share" as it does in the MyFC publicity on its website is misleading. Flasher didn't like that being pointed out either.

Have a look at this explanation of the MyFC concept from Wiki and click on the "share" word (in 'Background' section) to get its accepted definition in the real business and commercial world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myfootballclub

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
I just voted, my duty done lol

And me....

All this murky talk of conspircy theories is getting a bit much at the moment. Thats two threads now that have gone this direction. Anyone want to talk football?

Originally Posted By: ahsatan
No its about umbrellas !!!!
Of course it is, dont drag us into your dispute, most of us couldnt give a **** about your problem

yes well you should give a sh1te about any problem instigated or eminating from MyFc.....as ultimately mistakes could jeopordise the club...presumably you do give a sh1te about that...!!

baghdad bob will love you... grin

Oh dear. The voting thing won't let you vote until you check seven boxes, but MyFC's own rules for this election say you can vote for less candidates if you want. No you can't! Add this fact to the big list of dodginesses associated with this election and I would be very surprised indeed if a board meeting actually takes place in 2008. I imagine several losing candidates will (with various good reasons) be able to challenge the way the election was held and get an injunction against the board making any decisions until a court challenge to the vote is resolved. Don't know how this will impact on the day-to-day running of the football club.

Derryman, You'll be pleased to heard that Will Brooks' dedication to democracy continues. Everyone on the MyFC forums, including most of the candidates, is asking them to stop the vote because it contradicts their own rules (people are being forced to select random names to make it up to seven votes). Will and his politbureau are noticeable by their complete silence on the matter. The biggest f-up yet in the illustrious history of Will Brooks Inc.

It's all my fault, I know it is, and I throw myself on the mercy of this court.

I would ask the jury to take into account my upbringing as a downtrodden, shoeless, living-in-a-rolled-up-newspaper-in-the-middle-of-a-Bogside-lake, Derry Catholic who, indoctrinated by my History teacher, one feckless good-for-nothing called John Hume who later went on to become an MP, MEP and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, was dragged onto the streets to ask for such pittances as One Person, One Vote, an End to Gerrymandering, Abolition of the repressive Special Powers Act and similar scraps bordering on democracy.

If if pleases M'Lud, I'll now go for my tea while the Court considers a verdict.