Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough Town vs Windsor & Eton - Line Ups, H/T, F/T

GarySTFC

Slough Town

1. Lee Carroll, 2. Chris Robinson, 3. John Gray, 4. Steve Daly ©, 5. Meddie Nsubuga, 6. Danny Jeffreys, 7. James Pritchard, 8. Laurence Brown, 9. Abby Nsubuga, 10. Terry Davies, 11. Tom Attrell

Subs: 12. David Ocquaye, 14. Jason Marney, 15. Tom Windsor, 16. Landy Sakala, 17. Calvin Maye

Windsor & Eton

1. Seb Brown, 2. Mark Burgess, 3. Ryan Parsons, 4. Mark Cooper, 5. Steve Butler, 6. Liam Grier, 7. Martin Williams, 8. Joe Chandiram, 9. Matt Seedel, 10. Michael Chennels, 11. Terry O'Connor

Subs: 12. John Isaacs, 14. Simon Goodrham, 15. Jake Parsons, 16. Ben Porter, 17. Jon Case.

werent too great was it but it was a bit better than some defeats (dont think i even believe that too much but we have played worse this season)

Carroll kept us in the game with at least 4 great saves

never looked like nicking a point though. terry davies had a good chance when he went through but turned into a defender and it rolled to the keeper. maybe should have took it on a bit earlier

Seb Brown must love playing against us in the 2 games vs Windsor this season he made 1 save that i can remember and conceded just a goal that hit a few and rolled over the line (boxing day game)

thought Robinson done well and Meddie playing in defence. Pritchard looked pretty comanding in midfield at times but yet again the passing as a whole was pretty useless. so often the passing was too short of the intended receipeint

im losing faith in belief we can survive now. hard to see where goals will come from

least bracknell lost 1-0 to Godalming

Well my girlfriend actually enjoyed it, but as she supports Ipswich she wouldn't know entertainment. However, she did say that there were a few players (Abbey, we're looking at you) who just did not seem to give a crap when they lost the ball and couldn't be arsed to go and fight for it back, which is the way I feel too. There are some (Again, not all) players who aren't good enough and haven't got the commitment or the fight needed to get out of this mess and if they keep starting games, we're going down

Defensively we looked more solid yesterday, compared to Burnham with Meddy alongside Daly but slack marking once again from a cross let us down.

Definitely need someone up front in place of Abbey, hes just shocking.

If someone on the wings could cross or had some awareness to attack space when in space we might have had a chance of scoring yesterday.

Even though the quality wasn't there, I thought it was a good 50-50 game, especially in the first half. We actaully passed the ball around quite well, with players running into good receiving positions to help out the player with the ball. We also used the wings well.

The players seemed to come out for the second half with more fight than on Saturday, until the injuries occurred. Then they lost their concentration and Windsor scored. Windsor then started to boss the game.

Carroll made some great saves to keep us in the game, and we rode our luck when they hit the post.

Now we have got the two Easter matches over, Sweetman will have a very good idea of what our players can/can't/don't/won't do in a match situation, and put that into the training.

Before these games, he would have only seen the players training, so apart from word of mouth, wouldn't really know how they cope in a match.

We will see, when we play Hayes.

Come on Rebels.

Abbey was poor, again, I know it is against the Law to say this, but thought Davies was pretty crap as well, and didn't seem to care. Still, at least he can play on sundays still. That cannot be helping us? can it?

Thought young Tom was anonymous as well.

The keeper (Is it Dave programmes?!) kept the score respectable, 4 brilliant saves.

Maybe we are being harsh on Abbey and Davies, the service weren't great, in fact, there was none!

and, WHY oh why, do we make substitutions when it is far too late.

Two young lads, Marney, and Windsor, dying to do well for their local club, and not given a chance. At least they would be making an effort!

We held out better yesterday than we did against burnham, but the lack of chances upfront is worrying, especially the crossing into the box. I cannot see where our next goal is coming from, its like last season again, there is quite a bit of commitment to the cause on the pitch but we seem to be lacking the ability to score and we get punished.

I thought Abby looked good to start with but faded out of the game as it went on. Meddie had an excellent game covering at centre back, and Carroll made some good saves and his kicking improved as the game went on, and I also thought Pritchard was good again. Terry keeps on running but hes not really getting the service he needs to get the goals.

6 games to go now and we don't really look like getting anything from the games we have to play, the Hayes, Godalming and Newport games are the most crucial, all the others are likely to be very tough challenges from teams in the top half and pushing for the playoffs. We can't keep relying on Bracknell losing either, they only lost out in the 80th minute yesterday, they also have a lot of fight about them.

We must get something from the game on Saturday, if we keep slipping up Bracknell will get one up on us and then it will really be relegation time.

Originally Posted By: Private Fraser
Two young lads, Marney, and Windsor, dying to do well for their local club, and not given a chance. At least they would be making an effort!

same point about Marney i made the day he scored from the cross. guys like him at least look hungry to do what they can to win for their team. Windsor was trying hard too when he came on but the game was totally in Windsor's (the team) control by then. we hardly touched the ball the last 5-10 minutes it seemed

As i stated before, Bracknell look like they are trying to make a fight of it, whereas we do not. Didnt watch the Windsor game yesterday, but went to the Burnham game on Saturday and for me it was all too easy for Burnham in the second half. The players seem to be going through the motions. Lets just hope things can be changed around befoe Saturday, although its a tall order

No chance was that a 50/50 game you didn't test Seb Brown at all. We didn't play as well as we know we can and still created alot of good chances.

What a flat atmosphere too from both sets of supporters. Was susprised to see the crowd was only 260 with at least 40 of them Being Windsor fans. I know the weather was hardly great but it doesn't bode well for you if you do, which after yesterday i think you will, go down.

what you mean if we go down our attendances might drop as low as yours. actually i think you underestimated the windsor support it looked more like 60-70 ours about 150 and the rest neutrals imo. i know you said we were the worst side youve played all season but to be honest you didnt look great either.

good luck if you make the play-offs

Gutted that not even 1 point was picked up over the Easter period in derby games - the players hearts arnt in it.

Sweetman needs to have a good old spring clean and sort out who he needs to get rid of as there are too many "has beens" and "wanna be's" but very little tallent in the squad currently.

As has been shown by our leauge position the majority of the players we have are just not up to it!

I would welcome any player to come on here and justify that they have had a good season - but if the players are honest then they would know that they just have not come up with what they have been paid for.

I hope there is not an awards evening this year as two relegations on the trot is nothing to celebrate.

I hope we stay up and I am proved wronng.

Thought Windsor deserved the win , but defensvely i thought we had a very good game, for me the praiseworthy players were Meddie, Chunk and Brown. Conceeding 1 goal against a decnt attack like Windsor's was a ood result for th back 4, shame we created very little (if anything) down the other end....

Why did we wait so long for subs?

I must have been watching a different game.

The performance was a 100 times better than the Burnham game with every player busting a gut to get a result against a team in contention for the play-offs.

OK Windsor had a few chances to score but the keeper (and the post) did there job well and but for one major lapse in concentration we could have got a point.

The players that stood out for me were Lee Carroll, Daly and Prichard.

Nothing went right for Terry on the day and to be fair Abbey is not a forward and it showed.

If we played like that all season we wouldn't be in this mess.

Anyone know what has happened to Leon Phelan?. On the teamsheet one week and the rumour mill said that he never turned up.

that was only the 6th game i have been to all season, i believe we were 3 players short again due to international duty. It was not a great game at all, neither side played well and if the game had gone on for another two hours we wouldn`t have scored. However our defence did look better than in other games I have seen but as others have said we need someone that can put in a cross. I would like to also say that i felt the referee had a very good game. I never praise a referee but felt this one handled the game very well and was consistant.

Guest chris-sliski

POT - KETTLE - BLACK

Having just read the windsor offical site report -

Calling Beaconsfields pitch a muddy heap of a pitch ! talk about

the cheek ....we had to endure 3 seasons on their mud patch and the last season had to endure tram lines running all over the place... Ok to be fair the one goal area at Beconsfield at the club house end needs some attention , but the rest has stood up much better than the years at Windsor...

Look at the number of matches played at Beconsfield compared to Windsor this year ..and they even had one match postponed...this year too...

I think they comment was always going to be ..as they still have sour grapes about us leaving them ...but for Slough it was the best thing that happened....

chris s - personally

Chris compare it to alot of pitches in this league this season and it's still poor and hardly flat!!

If anythink the sour grapes are bizzarly on some of the slough fans sides as they asked us to donate but as i walked up to the bucket a snide comment was made meaning of course we wasn't going to give you any money!! ( We won't talk about the less then freindly banter in the first half as we don't want to ruin your self confessed best fans in the league title)

Lets remember the first season you shared with us the pitch wasn't too bad but then got worse. Lets see what happens in a few seasons at beconsfield eh! Our pitch has had another summer of major work done on it and is now hand on heart one of the better pitches in the leauge!

Guest chris-sliski

Woody -always on our site...

those were unfair comments ...we have been playing in this league all season ...some good some not so good...pitches around..you have been blessed that we did not play at stag meadow ..your pitch is excellant this season..but you are furtunate, only one team playing on it..the pitch was not that bad as you put it...heap of mud ! it was not ...

Beconsfield have had more than 60 matches and maybe more they have 4 teams playing here)

Windsor about 20 ....or so with one team playing ...

and still only one match postponed....does that not tell you something......