Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Travel for North Americans to see FA Trophy

Yes, we call the beautiful game "soccer," but we're as passioniate fans as any in the world. Now, those of us from North America who support Ebbsfleet United have a prime opportunity to show this passion by hopping a flight and cheering on the Fleet at the FA Trophy final on May 10, 2008, at Wembley.

Some intrepid people have already bought plane tickets, but for those of you on the fence about coming or those who want to come but didn't want the hassle of organizing everything yourself, the new fan club called the MyFootballClub North America Supporters' Trust, Inc. has partnered with XL Travel Soccer Tours of Orlando, Florida to provide a package tour to London for North American Fleet fanatics to see the match in mid-May.

This inclusive package includes:

- Roundtrip airfare from any U.S. or Canadian airport to London Heathrow

- Two nights hotel accommodation in Central London with breakfasts

- Airport and game transfers by bus

XL Travel has guaranteed us a price of $1,199.00 per person for the package deal above. If we get 10 people or more flying on the same flights, there will be a group travel discount for the people on that flight. But nobody will be required to leave from any particular airport, as we wanted to make sure that our North American members had the flexibility to leave from the airport closest to their home. The folks at XL Travel will ensure that we are able to reach the group travel discounts for as many people as possible by making sure that all people in the same area leave from the same airport (i.e. everybody in New York flys from JFK, instead of some people flying out of Newark and some out of JFK).

For anyone who wishes to make their own way to London, they have the option to get a "ground-only" package at a price of $599.00 per person. This way people can stay at the same hotel as those who got the inclusive package and join us on the bus to the match as well. This "ground-only" package is open to all MyFC members or EUFC fans, so if you're bold enough to join the crazy Canadians and Americans in London, we'd love to have you! The hotel will be one of the following three (with Trip Advisor reviews provided so that you can scope them out):

Holiday Inn Bloomsbury

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-...on_England.html

Novotel St. Pancras/Euston

Thistle Inn Kensington Gardens

As the the FA Trophy final game is on Saturday, XL Travel has also made available an optional side trip to a Premier League match on the Sunday after for those who are interested. This will cost approximately $200.00 per person in addition to the package price.

Ciaran McArdle from XL Travel wanted to share a few words:

"Congratulations on making it to the FA Trophy final! XL Travel is delighted to put together your FA Trophy Weekend package. You can see all the benefits of the trip on the itinerary linked here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/2362054/XL-Travel-FA-Trophy-2008-Itinerary.

XL Travel has been bringing US and Canadian groups of fans over to the UK and Europe on our

Originally Posted By: Friejose
Yes, we call the beautiful game "soccer," but we're as passioniate fans as any in the world. Now, those of us from North America who support Ebbsfleet United have a prime opportunity to show this passion by hopping a flight and cheering on the Fleet at the FA Trophy final on May 10, 2008, at Wembley.

If a year ago someone posted this they'd say you were off your trolly. Fans from all over the world who are coming over to see Ebbsfleet in a Wembley final. Who would ever have thought..?

It's all so fascinating. That's something I like about MyFc.

Sorry this isn't a direct reply to your post by the way! Just reading that opening hit it home.

Excellent!

I know we have critics of the fans that we have abroad but all this makes me feel a little excited, I'm sorry.

As for places to stay it has to be the Holiday Inn, Bloomsbury. If you do look here for the red circle which is where the Hotel is and you can also see Baker Street just south of Regents Park.

It seriously is a shorter walk than it looks.

Baker Street is where we're meeting up pre-match.

Originally Posted By: Alan W (GNFC)
I'm sure there would be no reason why your fans couldnt link in to this deal either, Nortumbergull - and given that there would be a group discount if 10 or more on same flight, it could even help everyone to have costs further reduced.

That's absolutely right. If so Torquay folk were interested, we'd be happy to have them. PM me with any questions.

BTW on this:

Originally Posted By: 1 F in Fleet
jacked and pumped

it's sort of an "in" joke among Patriots fans. Our old head coach, Pete Carroll, was a rah-rah type who couldn't manage the talent and ego of big-time professional athletes. Many times he'd say he was "jacked and pumped" for a big game, while the fans, press, and his own players would roll their eyes at the cheesiness of the phrase. Ultimately, he left the Patriots, and both they and he went on to better things.

Not sure why I included it in the write up, but I so full of joy, it just came out smile

(How's that for a double entendre?)

Some intrepid people have already bought plane tickets, but for those of you on the fence about coming or those who want to come but didn't want the hassle of organizing everything yourself, the new fan club called the MyFootballClub North America Supporters' Trust, Inc. has partnered with XL Travel Soccer Tours of Orlando, Florida to provide a package tour to London for North American Fleet fanatics to see the match in mid-May.

This inclusive package includes:

- Roundtrip airfare from any U.S. or Canadian airport to London Heathrow

- Two nights hotel accommodation in Central London with breakfasts

- Airport and game transfers by bus

XL Travel has guaranteed us a price of $1,199.00 per person for the package deal above. If we get 10 people or more flying on the same flights, there will be a group travel discount for the people on that flight. But nobody will be required to leave from any particular airport, as we wanted to make sure that our North American members had the flexibility to leave from the airport closest to their home. The folks at XL Travel will ensure that we are able to reach the group travel discounts for as many people as possible by making sure that all people in the same area leave from the same airport (i.e. everybody in New York flys from JFK, instead of some people flying out of Newark and some out of JFK).

For anyone who wishes to make their own way to London, they have the option to get a "ground-only" package at a price of $599.00 per person. This way people can stay at the same hotel as those who got the inclusive package and join us on the bus to the match as well. This "ground-only" package is open to all MyFC members or EUFC fans, so if you're bold enough to join the crazy Canadians and Americans in London, we'd love to have you! The hotel will be one of the following three (with Trip Advisor reviews provided so that you can scope them out):

Holiday Inn Bloomsbury

Novotel St. Pancras/Euston

Thistle Inn Kensington Gardens

As the the FA Trophy final game is on Saturday, XL Travel has also made available an optional side trip to a Premier League match on the Sunday after for those who are interested. This will cost approximately $200.00 per person in addition to the package price.

Ciaran McArdle from XL Travel wanted to share a few words:

"Congratulations on making it to the FA Trophy final! XL Travel is delighted to put together your FA Trophy Weekend package. You can see all the benefits of the trip on the itinerary linked here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/2362054/XL-Travel-FA-Trophy-2008-Itinerary.

XL Travel has been bringing US and Canadian groups of fans over to the UK and Europe on our

Initially I thought blummin' hell, over

Originally Posted By: clowntown

In my self-appointed role as an emissary of MyFC/EUFC, I have decided to reciprocate. To thank North American fans who are travelling over for the soccerball, I will be doing the reverse journey in a few weeks to watch some of your quaint 'stickhit' games.

Wouldn't like to make it a one way ticket would you...

Is the Dorchester all booked up Josh?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

great post josh and full marks for your energetic and proactive support of the club....

I haven't changed my opinion on the end result of this little venture but posts like that make me hope that in some way it does work out for you all...

well done mate and enjoy wemblee... applause

Best thing you've ever posted on here Unc, well done.

The following day I'll be going back to Wembley for the FA Vase Final between Kirkham & Wesham v Lowestoft.