Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bits from the Other Place

VOTE RESULT. ( From a few weeks ago ).

Should Liam Daish be able to negotiate with any existing EUFC players, that are out of contract after the FA Trophy Final, whom he wants to keep for season 08/09?

I agree to enable Liam Daish to commence negotiations with any players from within the existing squad that he would like to retain for next season. (86.63%).

I disagree with any signings prior to finalisation of the 2008/2008 playing budget. (11.02%).

I abstain (2.35%)

Votes : 4720

Vote Closed : 02/05/2008

VOTE PASSED.

Regular Club MYFC Magazine.

" At the moment we are finalising the process by which the magazine will be put online and are securing printers for the printed version. We are currently planning on producing the magazine on a monthly basis and including a wide variety of articles and information about the club and MyFC. "

VOTE RESULT. - PASSED.

The club should only accept offers for players if the following criteria are met:

1. The offer is acceptable to the player

2. LD believes the offer is acceptable and a fair

3. The society board, as representatives of the members, agrees that any decision taken is in the best interests of the club.

4. Wherever possible, any fee for such a deal should primarily be used to re-invest in the squad.

I agree (75.57%), I don't agree (22.05%), I abstain (2.37%)

Votes : 5727

Vote Closed : 25/05/2008

The fall out and toy throwing that follows the announcement of the result above is something to behold.

It is even worse than a closed season period on here - that is saying something.

A few true colours being shown by "owners".

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Whats the 'fallout' over? Looks like quite a high turnout for them, around 20% mark.. But a large number of "I don't agree"

The "I don't agrees" thought they where going to win this one.

I don't think the fallout is particularly worse than the usual fallout after every vote. For a supposedly democratic society I am afraid that we have a few anti-democrats in our midst....it is just the same as this forum but without the football talk...or the humour.

The financial statements should be released this week, I have been collecting buns for that bunfight for weeks. Watch my back Jeff, I am going in. duel

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
Regular Club MYFC Magazine.

" At the moment we are finalising the process by which the magazine will be put online and are securing printers for the printed version. We are currently planning on producing the magazine on a monthly basis and including a wide variety of articles and information about the club and MyFC. "

Sounds like a good idea, but why on earth would you want to increase the costs (printing, postage, package etc) when MyFC are an INTERNET based group?

I assume the magazine will sell advertising space and this will cover the cost or indeed make some profit for the club?

Agree that those without access to the interweb need to be kept informed - but needs to be a money-making exercise, rather than a PR stunt. Bearing in mind that local advertising is needed for the 'official' Fleet Life...

Would it be advertising led? Or a 'pay for' magazine?

Agree that those without access to the interweb need to be kept informed - but needs to be a money-making exercise, rather than a PR stunt. Bearing in mind that local advertising is needed for the 'official' Fleet Life...

Why does it need to be amoney making exercise ? if MYFC want to underwrite the costs then surely that is up to them if they vote for it.

Maybe its a case of speculate to accumulate.

Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II

Why does it need to be amoney making exercise ? if MYFC want to underwrite the costs then surely that is up to them if they vote for it.

Maybe its a case of speculate to accumulate.

Isn't that what gamblers say??? LOL

But seriously, am sure among the 30,000 there must be some professional types who would love the chance to have their services advertised at a cheaper rate to a known target audience?

Talking of speculation - did the Grassroots football stand thing go ahead?

Agree that those without access to the interweb need to be kept informed - but needs to be a money-making exercise, rather than a PR stunt.

Pat - the intention is that there would be a printed version to be sold locally and to MyFC members who want to subscribe to a printed copy. We are trying to keep the costs as low as possible. We are hoping that MyFC members and long-standing EUFC fans will write articles, provide photos etc. We are also hoping to utilise volunteers for the editorial and production work (any posters on here are more than welcome to participate).

There will also be an online version (which will cost practically nothing to produce) to allow for access via the web and we are looking at doing smaller versions in different languages for overseas MyFC members.

One aspect that I think offers a lot of potential is a kids pull-out section. If we can secure sponsorship to cover the cost we will do a larger print-run and distribute it free to local schools. We are also looking at the possibility of building an online centre for kids where they can play games (Stacy Long taking free kicks instead of Steven Gerrard) etc.

In terms of communication - I believe it can play an important role. Within MyFC it can help those who don't log-on everyday to keep up to date without having to wade through pages of threads. For those locally who are not members it can provide an insight into what MyFC is doing and how it is doing it.

Bearing in mind that local advertising is needed for the 'official' Fleet Life...

I would suggest that we need to think bigger in terms of advertising in order to exploit the global reach of MyFC. We have an opportunity to capitalise on 30,000 members all over the world by developing advertising packages for global companies. This includes pitchside advertising to utilise the TV coverage on MyFC, magazine advertising, programme advertising (with a new online version of the programme), website advertising etc. I was checking today and the MyFC website has more hits than half the Premiership teams and every other club in the UK with the except of Rangers and Celtic. If we do this job right we can generate significant extra revenue from advertising over and above what the club normally has.

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Agree that those without access to the interweb need to be kept informed - but needs to be a money-making exercise, rather than a PR stunt.

Pat - the intention is that there would be a printed version to be sold locally and to MyFC members who want to subscribe to a printed copy. We are trying to keep the costs as low as possible. We are hoping that MyFC members and long-standing EUFC fans will write articles, provide photos etc. We are also hoping to utilise volunteers for the editorial and production work (any posters on here are more than welcome to participate).

There will also be an online version (which will cost practically nothing to produce) to allow for access via the web and we are looking at doing smaller versions in different languages for overseas MyFC members.

One aspect that I think offers a lot of potential is a kids pull-out section. If we can secure sponsorship to cover the cost we will do a larger print-run and distribute it free to local schools. We are also looking at the possibility of building an online centre for kids where they can play games (Stacy Long taking free kicks instead of Steven Gerrard) etc.

In terms of communication - I believe it can play an important role. Within MyFC it can help those who don't log-on everyday to keep up to date without having to wade through pages of threads. For those locally who are not members it can provide an insight into what MyFC is doing and how it is doing it.

Bearing in mind that local advertising is needed for the 'official' Fleet Life...

I would suggest that we need to think bigger in terms of advertising in order to exploit the global reach of MyFC. We have an opportunity to capitalise on 30,000 members all over the world by developing advertising packages for global companies. This includes pitchside advertising to utilise the TV coverage on MyFC, magazine advertising, programme advertising (with a new online version of the programme), website advertising etc. I was checking today and the MyFC website has more hits than half the Premiership teams and every other club in the UK with the except of Rangers and Celtic. If we do this job right we can generate significant extra revenue from advertising over and above what the club normally has.

I see after spitting out his dummy, the WE-WE man is back!

Originally Posted By: doheochai
I was checking today and the MyFC website has more hits than half the Premiership teams and every other club in the UK with the except of Rangers and Celtic.

Out of interest Dom, where do you find out those kinda figures?
And do you have a list??

"Talking of speculation - did the Grassroots football stand thing go ahead?"

The whole thing was a bit last minute to get organised so it was dropped . I would hope that something like this and the carnival would be talked of much earlier next year, then the idea might have a chance.