Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bits from the Other Place

I'm sure all members voting on the line-up for that Charlton game will be sufficiently clued up on all the available players, including trialists and new signings, to know who to select...

Originally Posted By: jc
I'm sure all members voting on the line-up for that Charlton game will be sufficiently clued up on all the available players, including trialists and new signings, to know who to select...

Pick the team will only have a chance if the members are well briefed about the players. Otherwise, how do I know about Trialist1, Trialist2.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
Originally Posted By: jc

Pick the team will only have a chance if the members are well briefed about the players. Otherwise, how do I know about Trialist1, Trialist2.

If it is our first game of the season ,who can brief you ? Liam? if thats the case, he may as well pick the team had he not ?

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox

Surely all that's going to happen here is that Daish is going to put forward player briefs, stating the players he would put on the field. And members are either going to vote for the players that should be on the field or the players that shouldn't. Essentially all that happens is that Daish's selections end up on the field and do well, or someone votes for someone that shouldn't be on the pitch and we lose. Seems unnecessary to vote on something like this, when a manager could do it properly and without risk of fielding the wrong team. For example, Daish has succesfully played players like Chris McPhee or Mark DeBolla out of position to great effect. Under team selection, you'll read the bio, decide that this player can/should only play in a certain position and lose the versatility that would only be gained. The only work around would be to have Daish say where he thinks players can play, and this just further unnecessitates (word?) the idea of team selection as opposed to an informed manager.