Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO of harry

You're also a bit short of a deep end to the gene pool, doesn't mean I'll help widen it. (Enough dimension references?) But then you have Harry for fun don't you? I always giggle when the boys sing their song to him from the terraces...

Originally Posted By: Loosey

Tatty Bye Wallys.

I thought you were going? Or do you often come back after flouncing out?

You're also a bit short of a deep end to the gene pool, doesn't mean I'll help widen it. (Enough dimension references?)

Sorry, I'm hard-pressed to understand the references. I'm only just grasping basic sentence structure down here in the shallow end of the gene pool and we're scared of those of you at the upper end of the evolutionary scale - that's why we moan and snipe. It's a self-defence mechanism for those of us in the Dark Ages.

Originally Posted By: Stu M

Tatty Bye Wallys.

I thought you were going? Or do you often come back after flouncing out?

You're also a bit short of a deep end to the gene pool, doesn't mean I'll help widen it. (Enough dimension references?)

Sorry, I'm hard-pressed to understand the references. I'm only just grasping basic sentence structure down here in the shallow end of the gene pool and we're scared of those of you at the upper end of the evolutionary scale - that's why we moan and snipe. It's a self-defence mechanism for those of us in the Dark Ages.

Lol, slow day at work, means I can drop by and comment on your drollness. Seems you know FAll too. No surprise.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II
I can't be arsed to find it now, but my of my earlier posts about the MYFC involvement was that I thought they had made their opening pitch too high (ie a conference club)and that with the money they had and the new way of looking at things ie . PTT etc they would have been better starting with a new club at the bottom. It would have given them time to iron out problems and no existing fan base to piss off.
probably wouldn't have gone down well with their membership tho.

looks like with the edges they may have belatedly found one. For them I think its a pity they have already jumped into bed with us.

Good luck with the project, but those MYFCers who joined for the good of the game, I think they have a duty to stick with us and renew for a few years yet.

wise up wayne....you wanted the money as you wouldn't have lasted a season without it but did you really ever think you were getting fans...?

Don't think I was, or my post gave any impression that I was, expecting getting many more new fans. so not sure where you gleened that from.
It was a comment that most of MYFCers apparently joined up for the good of the game, and that whilst I don't expect all to agree with me, that despite their misgivings about where its now lead them to, they have an obligation to keep the funds coming in for a couple of years not for the Fleet per see, but for us, the fans. This will give us time to find another suitor ,if they want to move on to pastures new.
But I am wise enough to believe that despite all the rhetoric there were only a small handful that thought that, and the majority were probably bullshitters. Time will tell in Feb.

To be honest, I wish the club had been more up front on the cash side of things before the takeover, so that other suitors could have been looked at, rather than the suprise that was sprung ( And I was existing shareholder) when we jumped into bed so readily with MYFC.
But you must admit it did look a gifthorse that was being offered, and it was no suprise they jumped at it.

I hope the edgeware project works, and I repeat my earlier post, this was teh level MYFC should have originally pitched at. Rather than biting more they can chew, which looks like where we are now.

Up the Fleet.

I have oft thought that a brand new club at level 6 in the midlands would have truly reaped the good from MyFc..and the finances would have been better spent...

they could have even called the club MyFc FC...

no harmk wiull come to the fleet wayne through its association with MyFc but

I have often thought that MyFc should have started a new club at level 6 in the midlands somewhere....it would have been much simpler and certainly more positive without the resistance from both sides to both sides vis fleet and MyFc ...

they could have even called it MyFc FC...

no harm will come to fleet through its association with MyFc thats for sure...all that remains is to see where it all goes to in february wayne...everything else has been said....

people of all persuasions and communities never collectively or individually accept a responsibility for their own local clubs so its unlikely that a bunch of internet paypal 35 quiders will...shame but thats NL footie for us...

as for options regarding the sale of the club?...trust me wayne...you had a right result with the paypal gang.....there are no options out there...

thanx for the good wishes for EFC by the way..I am only advising (no fees grin) but sal and her team are good people and I am sure that they will make it all happen in a positive way....many good people are on board already....

see you at the millwall game...we're all coming down...yay

I wish Sally and EFC all the best, but don't assume that because she's found another direction on which to focus her attention that all of MyFC is going with her. I haven't heard that anyone else is involved from MyFC.

You can't get rid of me that easily! smile

You're also a bit short of a deep end to the gene pool, doesn't mean I'll help widen it. (Enough dimension references?) But then you have Harry for fun don't you? I always giggle when the boys sing their song to him from the terraces...

God you're pathetic, you couldn't leave me out of it could you? Your argument was with Jimmy, why not just carry of with him?

If you understood the relationship with myself and the singers then you'd be able to comment, but you don't. They only sing about me when I walk past them and wave my arms around and not really any other time. Wouldn't you think that if I cared I'd stop walking past? At the Rushden home game I walked past them about five or six times and made sure they sing it every time.

As for Darter I can only wish her good luck with her new venture and hope she stays in for the long hall although we must remember that she is now on to her third in how many years? What is it with her and clubs that being with "E".

As I have previously stated I hope things go well with your new venture. The people that you mention who have a general interest in football ie neutrals/groundhoppers without being affiliated to a specific club, are undoubtedly in the minority. Fans who truly support a particular team over many years and combine in numbers, will always be a more valuable asset to their club than the temporary fan.

So I look forward to EUFC remaining the Fleet and not just a ship in the night.