Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO of harry

Hi everyone, thanks for the posts.

Yes Chris, there are some other Fans Focus posters involved - no-one from MyFC, if that's what you were asking.

Just to clarify things - I still want EUFC to succeed, to go from strength to strength, to win the Trophy again next season and to be promoted! This doesn't change that at all. I am still a member of MyFC and have already paid for my second year. But I am now putting my personal energies and whatever skills I have into the establishment of a new grassroots football club, which I believe will be exciting and worthwhile. I am therefore not putting my energies into the MyFC forum community as I used to and to all things associated with it. I joined MyFC to do something different - and for me, that hasn't happened. There are many reasons for that - some of them I have spoken about on here and some of them are personal.

And I can't really see how being involved with Edgware FC now makes me no longer a genuine football supporter, AFF! smile

Thanks Harry! I'm not going to get into an argument with you on here, but if you knew me at all you would know that what I say is in fact the truth. I'm not sure what you've "come to expect from me" but that's fine. You can now return to being personally abusive, and I will return to not responding to you grin

And Edgware FC is a brand new club, Harry.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Originally Posted By: Darter
but my energies and whatever skills I have will be going into the development of Edgware FC.

Your motives are your own Darter and of course you're entitled to have them, but I can't help the feeling that you and many others have professed a love for the Fleet before now and embraced them as your side regardless of whether MyFC works out or not... yet following a disagreement or disillusionment with the MyFC project turn your energies to something else (which of course you're perfectly entitled to do)... to me, it seems to be more about the project than the club many have claimed to have fallen for.

I would think that you have probably nailed it down there stu as many of the MyFc members signed up hoping from something a little different to just being a fan who's voice is never heard...fact is they turned out to be just the same and many are disallusioned by that....

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see many MyFc members getting involved in the new edgware club...!

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

edgware town was closed last season pat with debts of half a million pounds!!

Ouch...

So are Edgware are the same club under a different name/ownership? Or is it a completely NEW venture? Only I thought that Edgware FC already existed, and changed into Edgware Town in the 80's?

Originally Posted By: PatMan

edgware town was closed last season pat with debts of half a million pounds!!

Ouch...

So are Edgware are the same club under a different name/ownership? Or is it a completely NEW venture? Only I thought that Edgware FC already existed, and changed into Edgware Town in the 80's?

the original edgware fc disappeared late 70's and reincarnated as edgware town..the two were seperate entities and the new club is just what it says in the press release...a newly formed limited company and newly constituted football club inside it..

just as a matter of interest.. edgware town also went through a cva in 2002/5

Originally Posted By: Stu M

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see many MyFc members getting involved in the new edgware club...!

Will they get to pick the team?

lol stu...no one ever gets to pick a football team except the manager...you know that....grin

The amusing thing is just two days ago I pointed out how fickle some MYFC supporters were, and will be in the future. I said they will drop out at the drop of a hat, after declaring undying loyalty and love to Ebbsfleet. They told us we were being silly not accepting them as true supporters etc etc Then because they cannot get there own way. bye bye

I was berated by some on here. So take your own advice you gave me two days ago and stop bickering smile

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
This sounds a little like Pheonix Syndrome. I'm sure David Holden knows what this is, and whilst this remains legal, it seems a little unfortunate for those left in debt from the previous venture to see an almost identical new club arise, debt free, from the ashes.

completely different people gary and albeit 500k in debt ETFC remains free dormant and still registered with the FA....so no ashes to rise from...

the new club has absolutely nothing to do with the old club and has every right to be playing football....

busta I don't understand your post if you were replying to mine...??

Originally Posted By: jc
Couldn't have put it better myself Stu - it certainly illustrates the increased fragility of one's support for the Fleet specifically if it is forged through an Internet project rather than the traditional sources of family, location etc.

sorry jc but couldn't let that one go....

firstly how many fans at ebbs are rooted in local families who have supported the club through generations....20% at best I reckon looking at the gates over the last decade...poor for a conference club and indicative of apathy to the cause...

the internet is an important factor in ALL football these days and serves to make people aware of what a local club has to offer if used properly...can you say that pre MyFc the fleet did that...I don't think so...

lastly try this on for size....today I spent 5 hours on the Hx pitch...I then got lumbered with a brewery delivery and had to pay for it as well as nette had gone to the licensing offices (I won't get it back)...I spent 2 hours in a meeting with sal and nette regarding the new edgware venture (sal has asked nette for advice and it will be freely given) I then spent another 2 hours working on a newly formed inner city football development scheme for kids with learning difficulties....I spent an hour on the seagulls forum and another hour on FFF most of it reading this subjective sh1te....does that make me any less a hx fan....?

some of these posts on here regarding expectations of fleet fans are time warp stuff.....fans are customers and new ones need to be sold the reason why they should pay to come down to the fleet....you have much competition on a saturday afternoon from numerous different enterprises...not just football ones...we all do and we need to wise up and rid ourselves of the tribalistic you aint a real fan cos you do this that and the other bollox......christ harry was in the shed at chelsea 3 years ago and now he's fleet born and bred....pure slapstick and funny as fck....grin

good luck to sal for having the gumption to do it.....

talks cheap... walks are expensive.....!!

What a brilliant post. Thanks to Nette, Karl and all those who have been so supportive, positive and helpful. There are some great people out there in the NL football world - I met a fair few at Ebbsfleet and am meeting new people now. I was only talking to Uncs this afternoon about Kenny - and the fact that he will get himself all the way to Barrow for the away fixture, no doubt of that.

It's not exclusive, it's all-embracing smile