Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO of harry

Originally Posted By: rsheard
I wish Sally and EFC all the best, but don't assume that because she's found another direction on which to focus her attention that all of MyFC is going with her. I haven't heard that anyone else is involved from MyFC.

You can't get rid of me that easily! smile

sorry richard... I never meant to refer to MyFc (not sure I did actually) no... the good people on board whom I referred to are a mixture of old edgware town people..new people from inside the football world and a handful of old hasbeen know alls like my goodself...grin

I doubt that there will be many.. if any MyFcers around the new club as sally has made it quite clear that SHE is picking the team....harry I believe is designated as head cheerleader....devil

Just when I thought this "Homage" to Harry had died something brings it to life (yes Harry, I'll bring you into it and feel free to comment about anything I like thanks mate - anytime anyplace blah blah). I wonder whether this could be another thread to rival the great Pat Gradley thread?

I never realised just how much fun you could have on FFF...

Originally Posted By: Jeff
Harry has a point though Loose Bigalow. You did need to improve your wind up material.

He's getting there Jeff. A little gentle encouragement will do wonders for his apparent lack of confidence and he'll soon be here all guns blazing. I see he's popping in quite often now for a quick catch-up on the daily banter and he'll be as bitter, twisted and intellectually challenged as the rest of us in no time.

When he starts saying that we can't comment on matches we haven't seen, then I will start to become concerned.

Until then, I am looking forward to learning from his masterful forum presence both on here and on MyFC.

Notice the use of the word 'supporters' rather then 'owners'

Supporters rarely gets a mention on MyFC.

Originally Posted By: Loosey
Originally Posted By: Jimmy
If the cap fits...

Do the NHS still provide them?

Really Jimmy, if only you felt as inclined to be as openly hostile to your new supporters over on the other place...haha..

I'm only hostile towards you because you are an idiot.

Notice the use of the word 'supporters' rather then 'owners'
Supporters really gets a mention on MyFC.

Can I be cheeky and presume that you meant to say "rarely" and not "really" Jeffrey?

If so then it would be good to discuss that old chestnut "Building Bridges" again...

Of course (Gooner holding forth) "Owners" and "Supporters" are two different things sometimes Jeffrey. Since MyFC (the Society) own a controlling share in EUFC, and as the "Strapline" to recruit members to the Society is "Own the Club, Pick the Team" members quite frequently feel encouraged to describe themselves as "Owners" of EUFC. As a member (lol, material here boys..) I do quite often feel a tendancy to lord it over "non-owners" and insist on my right to demand that we paint the Stonebridge Rd bogs brown to save on cleaning costs etc.

As a supporter of the Club (not fan, you have to be born within 2 minutes walk of San Stonebridge, enjoy the prerequisite of being able to say that ones family have always been fans of GNFC blah blah blah to be entitled to have an opinion on what colour the bogs should be etc.), someone who pays for the pleasure of watching the mighty Fleet from the sublime comfort of the stands at San Stonebridge or otherwise spend loads of wonga on a club you have never seen play in the hope that something good may come of it I also feel entitled to have a bit of a larf on your forum. lol, double lol.

Thanks guys.

First of all, unless you are my mother or a judge, please don't call me Jeffrey.

I did actually notice the mistake and changed it just before you posted the above.

I made the distinction as it is rare to really see the word supporters on the MyFC site. It is all members and owners. I don't feel as if I 'own' anything in relation to the football apart from the ability to see and hear a bit more of what goes on and have my say in what appear to be rubber stamp votes which are in the best interests of the Fleet.

If I were you, I really would try to curb the lording it tendencies as you do come across as a bit of a wally with your sub UK _HIL trolling attempts. Having met you on a couple of occasions (allbethem briefly), I can assure everyone on here that you are not a teenager just staring to get bored in the school holidays. This is how your posts in the last couple of days have come across to people who do not know you.

In the current climate, I don't think it matters if you were born in Wallis Park or Wagga Wagga. Anyone can describe themselves as a supporter of the club, for whatever reasons. However, is it really good form to come on here attempting to take the pi$$ out of the 'local' and dare I say committed supporters of this club who have been here years before any of this started? You will only end up alienating yourself in the long run.

You have every right to post on this forum, the same as I. I do think that you should think about what you do post a bit more before you do it though.

Fleet fans don't really do 'having a larf'. We're more into scoring points off each other about grounds, history, ex players and taking the mickey out of the antics of HJA.

In this respect, you are truly Non League my boardroom buddy.

First of all, unless you are my mother or a judge, please don't call me Jeffrey.

Or maybe the producer of Rainbow...?

You will only end up alienating yourself

Past tense, please, Jeffrey Jeff.