Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Woking

bsmith

Appiah had a great half hour. Second half was good overall - particularly the baiting of Sole!!

We controlled the first half without ever looking that great but stepped up a bit second half. They weren't much cop, looked fancy in places but no end product or even a sniff of it.

Did Lance have a save to make at all this afternoon?

Appiah certainly livened the side up when he came on - I thought Shakes had played well untill then also.

Another solid performance from Charles and McCarthy at the back.

Not often I agree with the sponsors Man of Match, but Hand had another great game - always looks composed when on the ball, and happy to direct other players.

Still undecided on Gash, I can't see why he was so highly rated. He's useful, but nothing special.

Looked for long periods that this would be a dire game, with only a single goal the difference, but the once the Appiah nodded the ball into the net the game stepped up a gear.

Another good crowd again, just under 1500.

Well it did seem like it was going to be one of those matches that are hard to get into going on the first half. But Appiah sure livened up the second half didn't he^^. If he keeps up that form the blow of losing Big John will definitely be softened.

Also pleased with the attendance of 1498. Hope we can keep that type of attendance up and build upon it.

By playing the deep lying playmaker, Hand allows Barratt much more freedom to push up. Hence Barratt's 4 goals already. That is no fluke.

As you say, Hand offers a deal of protection to the centre halves as well as starting most attacks with his quick, short simple passes.

All we need is to tell Lance that a mighty lump forward to Gash isn't the most effective way of playing.

I tthought we were a little slow in realising Woking's back 4 were just fat cumbersome brutes, mote intent on shoving and fouling rather than concentrating on the game. They were there for the taking, either outside down the flanks, or with slick passing between them.

Luckily, young Appiah sussed out their weakness.

What a good prospect he looks!

Originally Posted By: PatMan

Still undecided on Gash, I can't see why he was so highly rated. He's useful, but nothing special.

I actually thought Gash had an excellent second half - his hold up play & lay offs were excellent as was his overall work rate.

Whilst Appiah certainly made a good impression, I thought he looked a little nervy when there was the option of physical challenge - he's obviously got something about him, but rather like Luke Moore used to be, he probably needs to strengthen a little physically.

Thought Woking played football the right way, but lacked conviction around goal (they had 2 good chances in the second half where they declined to shoot and instead turned away from goal) - they probably have enough about them though to escape relegation.

As far as we're concerned, its great that we can completely omit 4 decent players in Hawkins, Moore, Purcell and Smith, and still look solid. In addition, we have a subs bench including Slatts (what a good cross that was for Kwesi when he headed against the bar), Kwesi, Stone, and Pooley.

Lets pick up another 3 points on Tuesday now to take us into those 2 long distance away games at Barrow & Alty.

Totally agree gash looks a very useful player, he does a lot of running off the ball and gets into scoring positions and creating chances for others. I personally can't see hawkins and purcell getting in the squad at the moment. I think that purcell needs to go out on loan for either a month or a 3 month spell just to keep his match fitness up. remember when he went to heybridge he came back hungry and wanting to put the effort in.

I thought mom was a tough ask today Jamie was a fair result but Ricko gave a good display as well for me today.He made some good tackles and was always willing to go forward to assist the forwards with some good passing and crosses.Darious gave a good solid display also.I thought at times when we play on the ground the inter-passing and movement off ball was very good Jamie"s is very effective at organising the shape of play Liam has done it again there and I think Jamie will fill Mcphee position well.All in all I feel very satisfied with the shape and depth of the squad this season.