Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: ebbsfleet is for life
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Should we shake hands with MYFC and call a truce?
evil
does this situation still exist with the fans i was at wrexham and barrow we were one group talking together whether we were myfc or not shouting madly for the fleet.
or is it different at stonebridge road

Getting on with the locals has never been a problem for me and Mrs YF. I find a tray of caramel shortcake is good for relations all around . The revolution has happened people, people who have not been singers before have found a voice. Sorry, went a bit Cantonaesk there for a mo.

evil

No, eff them all - glory-hunting, web-based internet geeks. Who do they think they are, playing Football Manager with REAL footballers lives? Get back to your keyboards, and leave picking the team to people who have actually SEEN the team play...

This purely a mickey take thread, I can promise you all. liam was quoted on RK this morning talking up the benfits of MYFC.

On a more serious note - can we now do without them?

As Barrow were quite rightly bleating about last week - we have big name sponsors in Eurostar and EA Sports, together with an outside income stream from MYFC (whatever you like to call it, it IS money coming directly into the club), which is helping to service the debts.

I think we all agree that MYFC have brought more benefits to the club than we expoected - not least a small part of them surely helped to get us to Wembley, and they single handedly paid for Gash.

Maybe if the MYFC board can arrange for continuing monthly payments of

I have a feeling I've seen these arguments 100+ times on this forum.

It's a "micky take thread" but you're on about it anyway.

The original Building Bridges thread is in the pub, please copy and paste to save yourself time!

And it's not even close season! wink

Originally Posted By: PatMan
evil

No, eff them all - glory-hunting, web-based internet geeks. Who do they think they are, playing Football Manager with REAL footballers lives? Get back to your keyboards, and leave picking the team to people who have actually SEEN the team play...

and leave them paying for it all pat...crikey how quickly a 60 grand a month loss gets forgotten....grin

I think the interesting thing with MyFootballClub will be to see how it develops or exists in the longer term. There is no doubt, no much how anyone gripes, that the changes has helped the club. I bought into it to support Ebbsfleet, and it was a chance to part of a unique experiment in a way. But like anything, you will always get the disaffected few, who are never happy even if the team won 6-0 each week. I have always been a fan of football and as my moniker says support a few by trying to go when I can. Just to prove how sad I am, last night I watched Thamesmead Town (5 mins from home now) lose 5-1 in a FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Reply.

The old adage 'get behind the team'.

:-)