Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Piggy in the Middle!

Duke of York

I would doubt that Mr Pigg is a current "actual" supporter of Town or the Ware based Club 18-93.

If he were, certainly a Town supporter, he would be well aware of the efforts that have been - and still are being - made by Town to get Club 18-93 to leave Ware and play in Enfield and have a "joint Club" United or Whatever.

Club 18-93 have voted on this subject.

Club 18-93 have stated their intentions are to continue in their own right.

How many times do we have to go over this ?

I, along with many Town supporters have called for a United - Enfield United, but I do not see it happening for many many a year, if at all.

Town now need to get on and plan for a new Enfield Stadium and make steady progress up the football ladder.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Laz used to live in Winchmore Hill!
Yeah and when he sold the stadium he moved up to the Ridgeway grin

6 years ago ETFC started off in the ESL playing the likes of Leyton,Ilford,Brentwood and Waltham Abbey. Its disappointing that they seem to have progressed much less than most would have hoped. 1893 are still exiled and are now down in the ESL.

You would have thought that a borough like Enfield could support at least one fairly high level club.

As the letter writer says Barnet have done OK.

Sometimes you need more than luck, you need everybody pulling in the same direction. 1985/86 we applied as you know but never received anywhere near enough votes. The hardest thing to take was winning the Ryman League by a mile and being refused promotion because of the finances. To my mind we were more than capable at that time of going forward and competing for top non-league honours. Kings of Non-League football and all that.

I agree with what Mr. Pigg has to say by the way. At the Takeley game Mick the Guvnor asked me how many grounds I had to pass to get there. It's a good point- why am I travellng so far to watch the same standard of football which I can walk to from my house? I'm fed up of the ESL, Ryman 1 is ok but a well-run Enfield side could be a force again, it's a shame so many of our fans and a percentage of yours would rather play the likes of Tilbury and Clapton year on year out than clubs like AFC Wimbledon & Oxford United.

Originally Posted By: MKJames
Sometimes you need more than luck, you need everybody pulling in the same direction. 1985/86 we applied as you know but never received anywhere near enough votes. The hardest thing to take was winning the Ryman League by a mile and being refused promotion because of the finances. To my mind we were more than capable at that time of going forward and competing for top non-league honours. Kings of Non-League football and all that.

I agree with what Mr. Pigg has to say by the way. At the Takeley game Mick the Guvnor asked me how many grounds I had to pass to get there. It's a good point- why am I travellng so far to watch the same standard of football which I can walk to from my house? I'm fed up of the ESL, Ryman 1 is ok but a well-run Enfield side could be a force again, it's a shame so many of our fans and a percentage of yours would rather play the likes of Tilbury and Clapton year on year out than clubs like AFC Wimbledon & Oxford United.

Disagree with you in a friendly way and on your behalf a mis-guided way.

I have not read one aggressive objection to a merger or both 'Enfields' working closer together from a Townie Fan.

Even on this thread we have our fans/members backing the idea as the Piggy wiggy stated, putting both pools into one and being a force again.

I say it again, I back a merger/working closer together 100%, under a Supporters run constitution.

I will also predict that Town will be 2 to 3 times bigger than they are now when they move to the QE, just from being in a central position and having it's own income streams.

It's fair to say that we want 1893 on board very much for good Enfieldian togetherness and spirit, at the same time, we can live without them.

What would an arbitrator advice?

He'd probably ask why are you wishing for a merger with a club one division below you, with a smaller fan base (based on attendences), no ground of its own and not close to you geographically. As Andy has said on a different post, a merger with Brimsdown would make more sense. Or for that matter Cockfosters, Cheshunt, Waltham Abbey, Leyton, Ilford, or any number of other clubs that reside closer to Enfield. After all, it seems to have worked with Dagenham, doesn't it? duel

Originally Posted By: Pretty Vacant
[quote name=What would an arbitrator advice?
He'd probably ask why are you wishing for a merger with a club one division below you' date=' with a smaller fan base (based on attendences), no ground of its own and not close to you geographically. As Andy has said on a different post, a merger with Brimsdown would make more sense. Or for that matter Cockfosters, Cheshunt, Waltham Abbey, Leyton, Ilford, or any number of other clubs that reside closer to Enfield. After all, it seems to have worked with Dagenham, doesn't it? duel [/quote]

Why with 1893? Why do you think? I wont insult anyones intelligence and explain why.

But then why have 1893 applied to use the QE Stadium or try to get into Brimmo when we vacate? Again I wont insult anyones good knowledge.

Its because we both have branched out from EFC (RIP).

Now lets have a constructivechit chat on the subject rather than smart alec objectivenss.

It's not smart alec objectiveness at all. Those fans they have from when ETFC were formed had the chance to play in the Borough, and rejected it then. They have now had chances to talk about merging, and have rejected that as well. All at 1983 have firmly stated their position on this. I would suggest everyone respects that and let them get on with life in Ware. ecki

Originally Posted By: Pretty Vacant
It's not smart alec objectiveness at all. Those fans they have from when ETFC were formed had the chance to play in the Borough, and rejected it then. They have now had chances to talk about merging, and have rejected that as well. All at 1983 have firmly stated their position on this. I would suggest everyone respects that and let them get on with life in Ware. ecki

Absolutely right Mr V!!