Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 11 Apr Results

TRS

Originally Posted By: butler4-4-2
BG are buy far the best team this year. Table dont lie

I would say we have improved as the season has gone on but certainly not the best team by far. I also disagree with Butts who said we have been lucky recently, 5-1 against Wembley and the good 0-0 at Molesey were very decent performances, however we will need to be at our very best today to win at NGU. Re the Egham match, they were a very good side, boasted some good loanies from Hampton & Richmond and I was gutted with their controversial equaliser 2 mins from time but again we didn't play badly and really should have won the match.

I'm still not confident that our little club can win this division...

Originally Posted By: The KnapMeister
GF
You are quite right, that top three would certainly put the cat amongst the pidgeons and make a mockery of the promotion places. I have done some scenarios regarding the top three and have Staines, Hanworth and Knaphill consistantly in the top three, so saving two from the Premier which means that both Chobham & Hartley may have something to play for. Otherwise it needs to be Hanworth, Mole Valley and Dorking to scare the life out of the bottom three, but I can't honestly see that happening.

Regarding Worcester Park, the maximum number of points they could make is 74 and I think that is not enough to clinch a top three spot, but good luck to them!

My scenarios see this as the average result.

Staines Lammas 72
Knaphill 72
Hanworth Villa 71
Mole Valley 70
Dorking 67
Worcester Park 67

Please bear in mind this is just an average result and of the ten scenarios these are the outcomes

Staines Lammas 3 wins 7 Promotions
Knaphill 3 wins 4 promotions
Hanwoth Villa 2 wins 6 promotions
Mole Valley 1 win 2 promotions
Dorking 1 promotion
Worcester Park 1 win

(Wins being the title & Promotion finishing in the top 3)

Still there are plenty more twists and turns left in this season!

Gentlemen,

As I said, plenty more twists and turns. We thought our 1-1 draw with Dorking was a disaster; then we hear that not only have Worcester park thrased Hanworth 4-0, but CB Hounslow beat Staines 1-0. Mole Valley must be laughing all the way to the title or not!

I take my hat off to Worcester Park, they have put themselves right back into the mix and could be the surprise side of the season. The Mighty Knappers face a tough test there on Saturday.

I have revised my scenarios taking into account todays results and now present the findings below.

My scenarios see this as the average result.

Knaphill 71
Hanworth Villa 70
Worcester Park 70
Staines Lammas 69
Mole Valley 67
Dorking 67

Please bear in mind this is just an average result and of the ten scenarios these are the outcomes

Knaphill 6 wins 3 promotions
Hanwoth Villa 1 wins 6 promotions
Worcester Park 1 win 1 promotion
Staines Lammas 1 wins 2 Promotions
Mole Valley 1 win 7 promotions
Dorking 1 promotion

(Wins being the title & Promotion finishing in the top 3)

Gp. You know we have not been playing well, yet we get results, You can disagree all the time , but from where i am standing , we near to pull our socks up and give abit more fight , one or 2 players are not pulling their weight , that is my view.

Welcome to your view and me to mine, but on a 19 match unbeaten run and 2 points off winning the league means we are doing something right as a team. My major disappointment was not beating Banstead back in Feb and that was only because we wasted so many chances, i.e. still played well just didn't finish on the day.

JJ, i see no reason , why not , as we need a couple of players to help the younger ones through.

As you well know , they need all the help they can get in Higher league. They have all done well since they came through the youth and ressies and now first team.

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
do you have enough to succeed in the ryman next year as godalming, chipstead, walton casuals, merstham have??

May not be the Ryman league m8....

To be fair Butts I know which players you are referring to, but if they turned in top drawer performances every week they wouldn't be playing for us at this level.

Re next season JJ, Dennis has already drawn up a list of targets for what he thinks we need. We have also been approached by one or two exceptional players in this league who want to join in the summer which is nice. If we are promoted to Ryman or Southern we will take one place above the relegation zone now if it's offered and look to consolidate. We plan to enter some more cups too as we deliberately didn't this season so we could concentrate on the league.

1 point needed if it's a draw against Epsom & Ewell on Saturday else they can still reach 85 points, however their goal difference will need to pick up dramatically in that scenario. If we lose Saturday then we need two points to make sure, think that's right...