Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 11 Apr Results

TRS

Originally Posted By: Teflon
Would do more but I ache already !!!!yay

How the feck can you be aching when all you've had to do is stand between two posts for 90 minutes ?

bolt

Arr ! Hang On a minute !

Must have been the pre-match warm-up that bug*gered you !

Dorking 2 Hanworth Villa 2

'The Official Match Report.

A late equaliser courtesy of a James White header on 85 minutes to claim a share of the points in a hard fought encounter between two of the 5 promotion contenders on Saturday.

The sides had already met in a stormy game back in November which had seen Chicks secure a 4-3 win in a bad tempered affair, but the sides were on their best behaviour today in a well refereed game that barely saw a bad tackle all match.

Dorking had set up this game with a gritty 1-0 win at league leaders Mole Valley SCR on Tuesday night, and manager Tony Webb had rested Lester Boniface from the starting line up, electing to go with 3 upfront with prolific striker Phil Page joining Adam Pero and Adrian Butler in attack.

Dorking had played with real passion in the win over Mole Valley SCR but were slow out of the starting trap in this game as Hanworth Villa set out their stall early on, going close after barely two minutes before taking the lead on 5 minutes as Chicks failed to defend a throw in.

Villa were well worth their lead, but Dorking gradually came back into the game and got the break they wanted on the half hour. Midfielder Dan Clayton showed real persistence down the Dorking right to win the ball close to the corner flag, Clayton then feeding Butler whose surging run took him into the box only for a Villa defender to clip the Dorking striker just inside the box for a clear penalty.

Up stepped leading scorer Phil Page to comfortably despatch the ball and score in an incredible 14th consecutive game.

But just when Dorking needed to concentrate and hold the game, a mazy run from Villa

Knaphill 4-1 CB Hounlsow

Baker 2

Darnell

Pym

The Mighty Knappers keep on course for the title with a comfortable win over a plucky CB. Matt Baker keeps up his scoring record of almost a goal a game this season with 22 in 23 appearances. A great team effort from all involved and a great way to set up the home clash with Dorking on Monday (ko 11.30am). The title is still Knapphill's to lose with all the other title contenders taking points of each other recently.

These next few weeks are going to be full of anticipation as the season draws to a close with 5 teams still in with a shout. No disrespect to Worcester Park with then in sixth place, but they can still influence the title race with games against Hanworth and Knaphill still to come.

COME ON YOU KNAPPERS!!!!

Must admit - The phrase, Down To The Wire' seems relevant.

But as 'Fingers' says, it might all be for nothing.

Never mind - I'm sure the League and the F.A. will move the goal-posts yet again, next season.

bolt

GF

You are quite right, that top three would certainly put the cat amongst the pidgeons and make a mockery of the promotion places. I have done some scenarios regarding the top three and have Staines, Hanworth and Knaphill consistantly in the top three, so saving two from the Premier which means that both Chobham & Hartley may have something to play for. Otherwise it needs to be Hanworth, Mole Valley and Dorking to scare the life out of the bottom three, but I can't honestly see that happening.

Regarding Worcester Park, the maximum number of points they could make is 74 and I think that is not enough to clinch a top three spot, but good luck to them!

My scenarios see this as the average result.

Staines Lammas 72

Knaphill 72

Hanworth Villa 71

Mole Valley 70

Dorking 67

Worcester Park 67

Please bear in mind this is just an average result and of the ten scenarios these are the outcomes

Staines Lammas 3 wins 7 Promotions

Knaphill 3 wins 4 promotions

Hanwoth Villa 2 wins 6 promotions

Mole Valley 1 win 2 promotions

Dorking 1 promotion

Worcester Park 1 win

(Wins being the title & Promotion finishing in the top 3)

Still there are plenty more twists and turns left in this season!

Is this without taking ground gradings into account ?

Mind you - Having seen a recent 'ground improvement' which has made the grading recently, I suppose ANYTHING is possible.

By the way TSF. I've sent you a PM.

GROUND GRADING

From the "Official" Site

"Following final inspections and confirmations earlier last week it has been recommended to the Football Association that all clubs currently in the Premier Division should be awarded a Grade F (except where clubs already hold a higher grading).

Congratulations go to all those clubs who had work to do and completed it by the deadline of 31 March, especially those who had a significant amount to do."

I dont think that any Clubs will get relegated on ground grading issues this season JR

Chertsey 1 Epsom and Ewell 1

A right rattling good game between two sides playing well. Good chances both ends more gfor us in the first half more for Chertesy in the second ,although we came back into the game more after we scored .

Two quirky stats our equaliser was an o.g from a very well delivered corner .. our third cosecutive o.g which must be an all time club record. Also our last 5 games have featured 23 goals only 2 in the first half. There have been more in injury time.

A good performance from our lads ..the fight for second is hellishly close but we seem to have come out of our blip.This is going to be a good competitive league next year. I'm sure you'll all miss us Weebs and Co.

More than you know but as I said I will still be on here and until it is impossible for us not to win the league then we may still be in it with you all...Massive game coming up.....NG it cuol d be so different by 15.00 hrs 2morrow good luck see u at Stag meadow...

Hey Butts 442 We have NG and EEFC lose both of those and then its far from over ...No milking here maybe just caution...

Butts 442. You are right that the table does not lie, But we have been very lucky these last few weeks as we have not played well, Tomorrow and next Sat will be the main games . so still all to play for , Hope you do well too. Take care , have a good weekend , what is left of it.