Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bethnal Green United

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

Middlesex County League Premier Division
Newham Borough (SECP) 1 Bethnal Green United 3
Flanders Field, Melbourne Road, East Ham, E6
6.30 kick off, attendance 30 approx
No entrance fee, programme issued (8 pages I believe)

Very basic facilities, no refreshments available, programme issued but amazingly only six printed on a first come first served basis at two pounds donation to the Club, the Manager took down addresses for more to be printed tomorrow and sent out. The game itself was a blood and thunder affair, Newham took a surprise second half lead but Bethnal Green soon got back into the proceedings and ran out fairly comfortable winners in the end to cement their championship aspirations, a very entertaining evening.

Was anybody in attendance at Flanders Field last night out of interest to see Bethnal Green United all but clinch the Middlesex County League Premier Division championship, they will be the making of the Essex Senior League next season if accepted.

GAFFA1, their up and coming Coach will liven things up in the seemingly dull Essex Senior League next season, that's for sure. There doesn't seem to be very much 'get up and go' about teams such as Clapton, London APSA, Sawbridgeworth Town, Barking and Bowers & Pitsea, to name a few, and Bethnal Green will be like a breath of fresh air with their innovative and never say die approach.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
GAFFA1, their up and coming Coach will liven things up in the seemingly dull Essex Senior League next season, that's for sure. There doesn't seem to be very much 'get up and go' about teams such as Clapton, London APSA, Sawbridgeworth Town, Barking and Bowers & Pitsea, to name a few, and Bethnal Green will be like a breath of fresh air with their innovative and never say die approach.

So watch out all you "lay down and die" ESL teams! grin

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Rhodes

I thought you followed Mauritius as you keep telling everyone how great there team and manager are (where did they finish?)

What makes you think Bethnal Green will be any better?

I was thinking "Clit" but Clot works just as well. What's a vowel between friends?

It's all sunshine and lollypops on here now. laugh

Originally Posted By: never been

Rhodes

I thought you followed Mauritius as you keep telling everyone how great there team and manager are (where did they finish?)

What makes you think Bethnal Green will be any better?

Jenko's comment is uncalled for and I won't even go there.
No I don't follow Mauritius Sports, what gives you that impression, I do rate them though and their Manager which is why they weren't included in my list of 'negative' Club's who appear to just be going through the motions.

Quote:

Senior Open triumph sees Bethnal Green United close in on double
13 May 2009

Bethnal Green United are on course to complete a Middlesex County League double after lifting the Senior Open Cup on Saturday night.

United produced a dazzling first-half blitz to overcome Indian Gymkhana as goals from Michael Begg, Jamie Barry, Kadir Jama and Ajibola Olatunbosun in the opening 45 minutes secured the trophy at Yeading FC's The Warren ground.

The Senior Open triumph marks the first leg of a possible double for Bethnal Green, who were also beaten in the final of the Alec Smith Premier Division Cup last month.

United, who have already clinched promotion to the Essex Senior League, will be crowned Middlesex League champions if the club win their final two remaining league matches.

Bethnal Green boss Justin Gardner said: "It's our first trophy of the season and it's a great achievement, but it's back to work this week. We've got two matches left and they're both cup finals."

Despite missing eight first-team players through injury, including top-scorer Marlon Campbell, the outcome of the Senior Open final was rarely in doubt after United surged into a 4-1 half-time lead.

Gymkhana, who briefly led through Sukh Liddar's 10th-minute strike, rallied after the break, but despite bossing possession and pulling a goal back late on, were unable to salvage the match.

"We destroyed them in the first half and produced our best football of the season," Gardner said. "The second half was a different story, although we probably took our foot off the gas."

United had twice threatened through Danny Sabroche before Liddar broke the deadlock for Gymkhana with a shot that appeared to bamboozle United goalkeeper Ashley King.

But it took just two minutes for Bethnal Green to level through Begg's low free-kick and United skipper Barry converted from the penalty spot following a foul on Amos Foweya to give his side the lead before a magnificent third goal illuminated the clash.

From a Gymkhana corner, Olatunbosun headed clear to Sabroche, who exchanged passes with Begg and Foweya before releasing Jama. The Bethnal Green midfielder raced clear and after his initial shot was blocked, tapped home the rebound.

Olatunbosun effectively ended the contest two minutes before half-time after heading in a fourth goal from Marlon Boateng's corner. Gymkhana fought back after the break and Mukhtar Khella reduced the deficit, but United's lead proved insurmountable.

I see that Bethnal Green United are all over the East London Advertiser like a rash, according to the above article they are already promoted to the Essex Senior League and will be a breath of fresh air.