Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nostalgia

Tom S

It was Stourbridge EU, but that's pretty much what happened. We also mobilised the pitch-clearing squad for a tie against Chelmsford (and went 2 up in 2 minutes) and a league match against Gateshead.

It was a good night though.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Originally Posted By: MbrunoB
It was a good night though.

Not for Frank Cartwright!! bigcry He supports Orient!!! evil

Whoops!!!!!!!! evil2

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Leyton Orient away 1-0 win in FA Cup (Bailey scored I think),

It was Robin Lewis who scored the goal at the Orient, with I believe the only shot Enfield had that night.

Your bang on you know, it was Robin Lewis and our only shot of the night, I cant re-call the rebound though, The O's would'nt have scored if they were still playing now, we tried to let them, but noped they would'nt have it.

Stourbridge????? My memories going, slowly. I just remember the snow, loads of it.

I seem to recall that a Paul Furlong shot was saved by the keeper and it rebounded to the following up Robin Lewis.

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
We also mobilised the pitch-clearing squad for a tie against Chelmsford (and went 2 up in 2 minutes).

Ah yes. I'll see if I can find that one as it includes what I consider the best picture I ever took.

Not sure about the snowballs in that one, but when we beat Wimbledon 4-1 (and before you ask, I didn't even own a camera at that time) my brother was threatened by a policeman that he'd be ejected if he didn't stop throwing snowballs at Dave Beasant.

Dunno if it was the Gateshead game, but I do remember a referee's threat of cancelling A game.

As for Wimbledon, I think a load of us were being threatened of ejection that night, I dont remember Beasant being able to save or catch any of the smowballs either. The Dons were very poor that night.

Great pictures especialy the one at Canterbury as although it was before my time of following Enfield away I was a Canterbury Speedway supporter and seeing the old stadium brings back wonderful memories for a different reason to most people on here.Thanks.

P.s. any more from Canterbury?

Originally Posted By: MbrunoB
Great pictures especialy the one at Canterbury as although it was before my time of following Enfield away I was a Canterbury Speedway supporter and seeing the old stadium brings back wonderful memories for a different reason to most people on here.Thanks.

P.s. any more from Canterbury?

That was the only one that was any good football-wise. I'll have another look to see if there's anything that shows more of the ground.

Fanx and its yet another stadium lost to development.

Brilliant one of them even shows an advert for the Speedway and the other the horrible green fence that had to put up as a noise barrier when someone complained and he lived in a house that was built 10 years after the speedway started being staged there.

Fanx.