Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nostalgia

Tom S

But it can also leave you a lot better off to build a proper challenge the following season with increased crowds and a big boost to the bank account.

Originally Posted By: Tom S
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
A promotion (i'm sure i've mentioned it once or 1,001 times) would do the trick, easier said than done.

A cup run would help. Thaat's what first drew me along to Southbury Road. Trouble is that starting from the preliminary rounds means that reaching the 1st round would screw up the league season.

Our Jess being Mascot in an FA Cup Game against Hemel bought me to Southbury Road, Johnny Bailey scoring a Hat Trick was enough to bring me back again & again & again............................... excited

So you're hooked then? excited

A promotion (i'm sure i've mentioned it once or 1,001 times) would do the trick, easier said than done.

A cup run would help. Thaat's what first drew me along to Southbury Road. Trouble is that starting from the preliminary rounds means that reaching the 1st round would screw up the league season.

But going out in the early qualifying rounds of the last 2 seasons didn't really help our league campaign tho!! evil

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Born in 1966 evil2

Rock Steady 50
Tiger 48
The Old Bill 51

1966?? 1969/70 - 5 years old = 1964!!

Kingsmead has a lot to answer for.......and we can see why!! evil evil

Oh & those scores I want to see signed cards or its null & void!

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Born in 1966 evil2

Rock Steady 50
Tiger 48
The Old Bill 51

1966?? 1969/70 - 5 years old = 1964!!

Kingsmead has a lot to answer for.......and we can see why!! evil evil

Oh & those scores I want to see signed cards or its null & void!

I do apologise o Portugese man of war. I was looking at the 71-72.

Hobbs Cross Open cards available at a cost!

Tell you what, I'd be very disappointed if we were'nt top of the table if we had a team that could get into the first round of the FA Cup. However, promotion is a priority in my view but would buy a first round appearance if it guaranteed us a live home cup match on TV as well, so long as it's not Sentanta.

A final qualifying round against a conference club would do me.

If we were at level 3 I would agree with a first round tie but we have to be realistic. If we reached the final qualifying it is unlikely that there would be another level 4 club with us.

Final qualifying round is in October and I do not see that interfering with a league challenge at all. It should also guarantee a bye to the 1st qualifying round next season which would reduce the number of games we have to play next season.