Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best movie

I re-watched 'Goodmorning Vietnam', with Robin Williams, on satellite a couple of days ago.

I'd forgotton what a brilliant film that is.

Mississippi Burning or 12 Angry Men (Henry Fonda and Lee J Cobb version). A toss up.

Good shout Doog.

Both great films. I think I've watched 'Burning' 5 times now ! Hackman in that is awesome !

Enjoyed watching Michael Mann's 1986 Manhunter again the other night and I don't know if anyone else has seen the 2011 film Drive with Ryan Gosling but for some reason, maybe the soundtrack or the filming itself seemed similar.

Made in Dagenham was factually and historically spot on, but would possibly only appeal to people who lived through that era, or come from the area. Surprised no-one mentioned the Kings Speech, and The Shawshank Redemption was a powerful film. My own favourites would be Bridge On The River Kwai, or The Dambusters.

Most irritating, Grease or Dirty Dancing.

Missunderstood - I disagree, I suppose you also dislike the likes of Flashdance, Footloose, Saturday Night Fever and Staying Alive

Saturday Night Fever and Staying Alive

Crap films, great soundtracks

Missunderstood - I disagree, I suppose you also dislike the likes of Flashdance, Footloose, Saturday Night Fever and Staying Alive

I have seen SNF and thought it was dreadful, haven't even heard of the other three, Didnt mind Mama Mia but that may be because I was on Skiathos when it was being made, and it wouldn't be that unusual to be sitting close to some of the cast while enjoying an evening meal. Julie Walters is totally bonkers in the loveliest way possible.

haven't even heard of the other three

You mean you haven't heard of Flashdance, doesn't Jennifer Beales ring any bells!

Again agreed

Oi......Grease is in my top 5!

Olivia Newton John in Lycra.

Would make a lot of people's Top 10 at least.

Again agreed

Oi......Grease is in my top 5!

Olivia Newton John in Lycra.

Would make a lot of people's Top 10 at least.

Only top ten?

Sixty three years old and still drop dead gorgeous.

Absolutely.

Loosely – I’m amazed that you haven’t included The Magic of Lassie, The Big Sleep, The Rare Breed, The Flight of the Phoenix, Cheyenne Autumn, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, How the West Was Won, Mr Hobbs Takes a Vacation, Two Rode Together, Anatomy of a Murder, Vertigo, The Spirit of St.Louis, Night Passage, The Man from Laramie, The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Glenn Miller Story, The Far Country, Bend of the River, The Naked Spur, The Greatest Show on Earth, Winchester '73, Harvey, Broken Arrow, Rope, Call Northside 777, Magic Town, It's a Wonderful Life, Ziegfeld Girl, The Mortal Storm, The Philadelphia Story and Mr Smith Goes to Washington.