Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best movie

Loosely – I’m amazed that you haven’t included The Magic of Lassie, The Big Sleep, The Rare Breed, The Flight of the Phoenix, Cheyenne Autumn, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, How the West Was Won, Mr Hobbs Takes a Vacation, Two Rode Together, Anatomy of a Murder, Vertigo, The Spirit of St.Louis, Night Passage, The Man from Laramie, The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Glenn Miller Story, The Far Country, Bend of the River, The Naked Spur, The Greatest Show on Earth, Winchester '73, Harvey, Broken Arrow, Rope, Call Northside 777, Magic Town, It's a Wonderful Life, Ziegfeld Girl, The Mortal Storm, The Philadelphia Story and Mr Smith Goes to Washington.

I don't think I've ever seen The Magic of Lassie, Magic Town or Zeigfield Girl Rhodesy. What did you think of them?

I didn't include Heat, Ronin, Ferris Buellers Day Off or Million Dollar Baby either but they're all fantastic escapism.

fantastic escapism

Debbie Does Dallas!

Loosely - So you haven't seen each and every one of Jimmy Stewart's films then

Anything with Julie Christie in it.

Good call Alan.

Anything with Julie Christie in it

Such as The Go-Between you mean!

Loosely - So you haven't seen each and every one of Jimmy Stewart's films then

Not sure I've ever claimed to but from the top of my head your list seems to be missing Rose Marie, Small Time Girl, The Shopworn Angel, The Last Gangster, It's a Wonderful World, Destry Rides Again, The Stratton Story, Pot O'Gold, Thunder Bay, No Highway in the Sky, The FBI Story, Shenandoah, Strategic Air Command, Bandolero, Night Passage, Malaya, You Gotta Stay Happy, The Shootist and Airport 77 (? might have been). But no, probably including films like Fievel Goes West there'll be more than a few I've not seen, and I'm sure between the two of us we've missed a fair few.

I don't know that he's the best actor ever but imo he never made a bad film barring maybe a couple or so either at the beginning or end of his career.

Come on Rhodesy, stick your neck out, be dangerous, tell us who you admired and whether you've seen "All their movies blah blah blah"

Edited by Loose

Heat & Ronin. I also forgot about them as i did with Goodfellas & The Untouchables, but if you're talking about escapism is there a film to beat The Jungle Book. Still the best animated film ever.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to include Schindlers List don't you, another film I believe LATO claims not to have seen which I find hard to believe.

Well I haven't. For the record among my favourite films are Dr Strangelove, Rear Window, The Third Man and The Princess Bride but there are many others.

LATO - Do you purposely avoid films about the Holocaust then

Schindlers List was easily the most moving and powerful film i ever saw, but I have never felt able to watch it again. The cruelty that man can inflict on his fellow human beings, and other living creatures never ceases to amaze me.

Missunderstood - The bit in Schindlers List that moved me the most was when the young kids were running from the Germans in the Camp and hid in the latrines filled with human waste, I suppose you can't really blame LATO for not wanting to watch the film can you

Anything with Julie Christie in it

The scenes where she romps with Alan Bates in The Go Between were my first sexual awareness in life, I was only about eleven or twelve at the time and kids back then had a sheltered upbringing thanks to proper old fashioned parenting in two parent families unlike now sadly

No..just never got round to watching it. The list of films I haven't seen will probably shock you but they just don't interest me and it includes

ET

Jaws

Schindlers List

Pretty Woman

Grease

Titanic

All the American Pie films

The Artist

Midnight Cowboy

Anything with Charlie Chaplin in it

The Alamo infact most John Wayne films except McClintock

All Batman films except the 1966 Adam West one and Batman Returns with Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman (hello!)

Any Marvel comic made in to a film

All the Harry Potter films except the first one which I was dragged to go and see and thought was twee, predictable and boring

Thas just a starter but there are loads more films that you would think I should have done rhodsy...but that's you all over!

That sums up the w4nker you are........

Why do you say that, I thought it was a valid question as why else would LATO not have watched Schindlers List