Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hartley Wintney's 4th goal against Feltham

Wattsy

Your views if you can have a clear opinion from the footage. Accidental or plain staright handball?

http://hartleywintney.football4ever.co.uk/video/gallery/4th-goal-v-Feltham-first-team

in my opinion.....

it doesnt matter weather it was deliberate or accidental........ Hartley have clearly gained an advantage from it by scoring so the goal should not have stood and a free kick awarded to Feltham.

Same as penalty appeals. If the defending teams handles it in the area and gained an advantage through it hitting a defender on the arm - then a penalty should be awarded.

in my opinion.....

it doesnt matter weather it was deliberate or accidental........ Hartley have clearly gained an advantage from it by scoring so the goal should not have stood and a free kick awarded to Feltham.

Same as penalty appeals. If the defending teams handles it in the area and gained an advantage through it hitting a defender on the arm - then a penalty should be awarded.

JJ - FA Law 12 - Fouls & Misconduct

Handling the Ball - Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm etc etc.

It has nothing to do with advantage being gained :futbolbud2:

FA Laws of the Game

Wattsy, more interested in the Feltham player on line,didn't look as though he cared.Is he a regular.

Yes he is regular, think he was caught ball watching

in my opinion.....

JJ - FA Law 12 - Fouls & Misconduct

Handling the Ball - Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm etc etc.

It has nothing to do with advantage being gained :futbolbud2:

FA Laws of the Game

As we all know.....'the law is an as$!!'

If i shoot and the ball is heading into the net but it ACCIDENTALLY hits an arm, i would say that the defending team has gained a very unfair advantage!!

Any foot foul in hockey - deliberate or on purpose is against the rules - why not football??

Sadly JJ a lot of refs think like you do!! We've had a couple of penalties given against us in the last year where the ball has hit someone's arm when they could do nothing about it. When I mentioned to one ref that handball has to be deliberate, he said "No it doesn't".

Sadly :smilewinkgrin: handballs in the box is all about interpretation, which then gives the referee a tough decision to make in a split second.

Take that decision out of the refs hands by giving a penalty or maybe even an indirect free kick if it strikes the hand or arm of a defender!

Sadly smilewinkgrin.gif handballs in the box is all about interpretation, which then gives the referee a tough decision to make in a split second.

Take that decision out of the refs hands by giving a penalty or maybe even an indirect free kick if it strikes the hand or arm of a defender!

Sadly smilewinkgrin.gif handballs in the box is all about interpretation, which then gives the referee a tough decision to make in a split second.

Handballs in the 'box' are no different to handballs anywhere else on the pitch. They are down to whether the referee (or his neutral assistant) believes the handball was intentional.

If the law was changed so that an indirect free kick was given every time the ball was handled then defenders would be encouraged to stop the ball with their hand/arm every time they thought there was danger to their goal

If the law was changed to award a free kick/penalty every time the ball struck the hand/arm then attackers would kick it against opponents arms in an attempt to win penalties

coffee%20(2).gif

When I aske the ref he said it was a handball but it wasn't deliberate and I asked the linesman why he didn't give it and he said it's not his decision to give things inside the box! Even all the Hartley players were laughing and two lads even said to the ref it shouldn't be a goal

Rumoured that said attacker has been approached by League Club,because if that was deliberate he must be some player.Having watched video 20 times,the assistant could not of helped out,because his view was obstructed.The Ref has a split second to make his decision,and just on that correct decision made.

Sorry but the linesman admitted he'd seen it and said after the game he'd have awarded the free kick. He was positioned behind the camera

Sorry but the linesman admitted he'd seen it and said after the game he'd have awarded the free kick. He was positioned behind the camera

Wattsy,changing the rules of your original post now,late hearsay evidence not allowed.We the jurors have found the Ref not guilty.So if lino was behind the camera,did he get permission to rejoin play,and if he was his view was surely blocked.

Having watched it twice, (and don't forget the officials don't get that advantage - YET), I would have disallowed the goal and given a free-kick as I don't see any deliberate foul.

Where is our beloved leader when you need him ??

Probably Crimble-Shopping !!! (Tee-hee-hee !!) :futbolbud2:

When I aske the ref he said it was a handball but it wasn't deliberate and I asked the linesman why he didn't give it and he said it's not his decision to give things inside the box! Even all the Hartley players were laughing and two lads even said to the ref it shouldn't be a goal

.But I have reviewed the video again,and body language tells me a lot,if you scored a genuine goal without cheating,I'm sure you would celebrate look at the goalscorer,compared to his team mates.

Not watched the video as it is clearly a goal as the result suggests :)

Handball is very difficult to judge. Green Fingers is right and if only it were black and white. Does jumping up with hands in air and then the ball strikes the hand. For me an offence because the player has made a bigger target for the player to get the ball round.

To try and make it simple. If it is not deliberate but strikes the hand outside the line of the body as the player is looking to block the ball I would invariably give it but not all the time because there are circumstances where I wouldn't ;)

Hope that is clear to you all :)

Not watched the video as it is clearly a goal as the result suggests :)

Handball is very difficult to judge. Green Fingers is right and if only it were black and white. Does jumping up with hands in air and then the ball strikes the hand. For me an offence because the player has made a bigger target for the player to get the ball round.

To try and make it simple. If it is not deliberate but strikes the hand outside the line of the body as the player is looking to block the ball I would invariably give it but not all the time because there are circumstances where I wouldn't ;)

Hope that is clear to you all :)

As always a definitive answer from our leader :dance (2): With this I take it the matter is closed :icon22: And we'll have no more questioning of referee's :ignore: :97:

Not watched the video as it is clearly a goal as the result suggests smile.gif

To try and make it simple. If it is not deliberate but strikes the hand outside the line of the body as the player is looking to block the ball I would invariably give it but not all the time because there are circumstances where I wouldn't wink.gif

Hope that is clear to you all smile.gif

As always a definitive answer from our leader dance (2).gif With this I take it the matter is closed icon22.gif And we'll have no more questioning of referee's ignore.gif 97.gif

Clear as Mud.