Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best C.C.L. Manager Ever.

Not having been around long in C.C.L.,And seeing the great exodus of Managers reported on here,just this season alone.Which Manager in past years has gone onto better things,higher up the Pyramid,and actually won something.One for the anoraks or is the C.C.L. like the Ryman many Managers just doing the Rounds,well known but never win anything.

I know one of the guys in the CCL div 1 who is a great coach and manager his name id Dave Willcocks manager of Farleigh Rovers at this moment. He could prob go on to do good things. He is not well reckonised at the mo, saying that neither are Farleigh.

I think we can excuse him this time being a Palace supporter,he's had a tough time of late.Interesting though he states his foes in footie are Spurs,but then names 2 Spurs Players as his Favourites.Maybe he should have a word with Confused.

I think Mick Sullivan is in with a shout for this title,after a couple season building a side he done the lge and cup double with merstham,consolidated in ryman south and then moved to leatherhead where he got them into or just outside the play-offs.of the managers I've been managed by ian bates at Wembley is very good tacticly and a good man manager but due to lack of backingwill prob not win this lge,richard Bryant at bedfont had an easy job cos the side picked itself with lenny postins being the brains and calming influence there,lenny also brought egham out of the bottom half of the table and took them to semi finals of the lge cup.steve baker at egham is young and I think his tactics are good and he turned a zamereto south reject keeper and a bunch of chertsey rejects into a top 4 side so 1 to watch for the future,but I think Mick Sullivan is the best I've seen in 5 years in this lge.

A little while ago now but our ex-manager Dave Kent must have one of the best records. He won the CCL four seasons in a row for Ashford and five out of six in the 90's, winning the League Cup in the season we missed out. When promoted to the old Ryman Div 3, Ashford then won promotion to Div 2 at the end of his first season at that level.

Edited by whitelaw

Going back Whitelaw has a good shout and in recent times I would concur with Pearcey re Micky Sullivan.

And I would chuck in Ernie Howe who did a great job at Farnham before Ground Issues stop him but he went on to managed succesfully at a much higher level.

I think Mick Sullivan is in with a shout for this title,after a couple season building a side he done the lge and cup double with merstham,consolidated in ryman south and then moved to leatherhead where he got them into or just outside the play-offs.of the managers I've been managed by ian bates at Wembley is very good tacticly and a good man manager but due to lack of backingwill prob not win this lge,richard Bryant at bedfont had an easy job cos the side picked itself with lenny postins being the brains and calming influence there,lenny also brought egham out of the bottom half of the table and took them to semi finals of the lge cup.steve baker at egham is young and I think his tactics are good and he turned a zamereto south reject keeper and a bunch of chertsey rejects into a top 4 side so 1 to watch for the future,but I think Mick Sullivan is the best I've seen in 5 years in this lge.

Quite agree Pearcey.

DFC are welcoming Mick and his Ryman Cup winning team to Meadowbank in July for the Advertiser Challenge Trophy which hasn't been played for a few years for various reasons.

Quite agree Pearcey.

DFC are welcoming Mick and his Ryman Cup winning team to Meadowbank in July for the Advertiser Challenge Trophy which hasn't been played for a few years for various reasons.

Great swerve to get Dorking mention on yet another thread BJR :bootyshake:

Steve Beeks, Ex Cove and went on to do well with Molesy

I'll like to add Jamie Horton into the frame.

Ash were a bottom half of the table team when he took over, but he then changed us into a top three side winning the league (the year whitelaw will remember as it was the year they could have one up without the fa changing the goalposts) & winning the league cup & other cup compeptitions.

Quite agree Pearcey.

Great swerve to get Dorking mention on yet another thread BJR :bootyshake:

You know me !

You WILL be expected to attend !

Tuesday July 27th. Kick-Off 7:45. BAR OPEN !

Edited by Big J R

geoff certainly played for Farnham but I don't think he ever managed them best manager/coach at Ash was Glen Jonson closely followed by Bobby Wingate and Peter Bugdale we won everything under these three managers even qualified for the nationally held Philips floodlight competition finals held at the Alexandra stadium in Birmingham playing against teams such as Newcastle blue star, AU you are talking in recent years and tend to forget how long our history is.

Smudge are you as big a dick head as you sound? and yes Kroons I am at Cove but as everyone, including yourself, knows I still consider Ash as my team it is a great shame as to what has happened down there in the last few years but I still love the club and most of the people.

Smudge are you as big a dick head as you sound? and yes Kroons I am at Cove but as everyone, including yourself, knows I still consider Ash as my team it is a great shame as to what has happened down there in the last few years but I still love the club and most of the people.

fecking hell duncs is having a big nibble on all threads today , is it a bad day duncs , calm down fella

sorry nut old boy, its just that I don't like all this ballicks that some people at our nearest rivals are trying to portray, the fact of the matter is we are all in the same league now so its now that counts and not what happened in the past.Just get on with it and we will all be judged on our next match and nothing else matters.