Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Season

Just seen Egham have signed Pomroy from Chertsey, good signing and if they keep most of last years they will run Chertsey hard for the title.

Any news on the likes of Badshot Lea and Warlingham regarding groundshares?

My favourites on what I have been hearing squad wise would be from Chertsey, Egham and Badshot Lea along with Epsom and Molesey who have the potential to challenge the main 3.

Chertsey finished strong and have the money to strengthen the squad, Egham looked good 2nd half of season and will also have finance to strengthen. Badshot Lea also have been making murmurings of going for it this year but for me a new management team would give them a better chance. Epsom and Molesey strong squads who I gear are signing some good quality over the summer.

Dont disagree with Chertsey and Egham.

Not sure about Badshot Lea. Playing at Godalming will be a lot different than Fanrborough and that could make interesting viewing. Epsom there ot thereabouts and Molesey could be good shouts.

I am going to pin my colours to Chertsey cos I have the feeling that Spencer may finally have learnt from all his mistakes.

Whitley Bay have signed Steve Gibson from Chertsey.

Please tell me he's moved up there anyway. If he hasn't then his travelling expenses are gonna be something!

Whitley Bay have signed Steve Gibson from Chertsey.

Please tell me he's moved up there anyway. If he hasn't then his travelling expenses are gonna be something!

......but will they pay for his visa as well ??

:bolt:

Just seen Egham have signed Pomroy from Chertsey, good signing and if they keep most of last years they will run Chertsey hard for the title.

Any news on the likes of Badshot Lea and Warlingham regarding groundshares?

My favourites on what I have been hearing squad wise would be from Chertsey, Egham and Badshot Lea along with Epsom and Molesey who have the potential to challenge the main 3.

Chertsey finished strong and have the money to strengthen the squad, Egham looked good 2nd half of season and will also have finance to strengthen. Badshot Lea also have been making murmurings of going for it this year but for me a new management team would give them a better chance. Epsom and Molesey strong squads who I gear are signing some good quality over the summer.

CHERTSEY TOWN FAN IS THIS TRUE ? IF SO WHY ? IF POMROY IS LEAVING, CAN EGHAM MATCH CHERTSEY'S WAGE OR IS POMROY HAD HIS DAY AT CHERTSEY AND NEEDS A NEW CHALLENGE OR JUST WANTS TO PLAY WITH HIS MATES AT EGHAM ?

WHAT'S YOUR FEELING ON THIS CTF ? ALWAYS 30 + GOALS A SEASON, CAN CHERTSEY ALLOW HIM TO GO IF THEY ARE TO CHALLENGE FOR THE LEAGUE ?

PLUS WHAT COVER CHERTSEY GOT AND WHO WILL REPLACE HIM WITH THE SAME GOAL RATIO ? WHO WILL CHERTSEY HAVE ? WILL TARPEY, PAPALI & AYGEI (ON LOAN LAST SEASON) STAY AT CHERTSEY, BECUASE SURELY THEY WILL BE LOOKING TO PLAY AT A HIGHER STANDARD OR WILL THEY BE TEMPTED BY CHERTSEY'S BIG BUCKS WAGES TO STAY?

ALL VERY INTERESTING

PIERCEY, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ? IS THE RUMOUR CORRECT ABOUT POMROY ?

Edited by NICE GUY

IS THE RUMOUR CORRECT ABOUT POMROY ?

It's not a rumour Nicey, it's on the front page of the Egham website.

STEVE BAKER WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT JOHN POMROY FORMALLY OF CHERTSEY TOWN, WHO WE CONSIDER TO BE ONE OF THE BEST STRIKERS IN THE LEAGUE HAS AGREED TO JOIN EGHAM TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB LTD & WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH HIM A WARM WELCOME & OUR BEST FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASON.

http://www.eghamtown...bltd1991.co.uk/

Besides, I think Pomroy was on the bench a few times at the end of last season.

Anyway - as I said months ago - unless he can sort out an arrangement with his workmates or manager, he won't be available most Saturdays if Royal Mail bring in the extended Saturday hours they're threatening.

I'm just glad I switched to a Monday - Friday indoor job! If work ever got in the way of my football every week I'd have to change jobs.

Edited by VPCTFC

STEVE BAKER WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT JOHN POMROY FORMALLY OF CHERTSEY TOWN, WHO WE CONSIDER TO BE ONE OF THE BEST STRIKERS IN THE LEAGUE HAS AGREED TO JOIN EGHAM TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB LTD & WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH HIM A WARM WELCOME & OUR BEST FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASON.

Anyway - as I said months ago - unless he can sort out an arrangement with his workmates or manager, he won't be available most Saturdays if Royal Mail bring in the extended Saturday hours they're threatening.

I'm just glad I switched to a Monday - Friday indoor job! If work ever got in the way of my football every week I'd have to change jobs.

THANKS FOR THAT VP, SO IT IS TRUE ! NOW IT WOULD BE INTERESTING WHAT SOMEONE HAS TO SAY ON HERE FROM CHERTSEY FC.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL TOTAL DEVOTION VP !

NOW VP, YOU BEING OUR 'ANORAK' AND BEEN AROUND FOR NUMBER OF YEARS, YOU PROBABLY KNOW THE CCL INSIDE OUT, MORE SO THAN MANY OF US, ME INCLUDED. IT WOULD BE INTERESTING THAT YOU BEING OUR 'ANORAK' AND IN THE KNOW, TO HEAR WHAT YOUR TOP 6 PREDICTIONS ARE FOR THE FORTHCOMING SEASON. IF YOU WISH, YOU CAN ANSWER BY WAY ON MY OTHER PREDICTION THREAD/TOPIC.

CHEERS

Edited by NICE GUY

THANKS FOR THAT VP, SO IT IS TRUE ! NOW IT WOULD BE INTERESTING WHAT SOMEONE HAS TO SAY ON HERE FROM CHERTSEY FC.

NOW VP, YOU BEING OUR 'ANORAK' AND BEEN AROUND FOR NUMBER OF YEARS, YOU PROBABLY KNOW THE CCL INSIDE OUT, MORE SO THAN MANY OF US, ME INCLUDED. IT WOULD BE INTERESTING THAT YOU BEING OUR 'ANORAK' AND IN THE KNOW, TO HEAR WHAT YOUR TOP 6 PREDICTIONS ARE FOR THE FORTHCOMING SEASON. IF YOU WISH, YOU CAN ANSWER BY WAY ON MY OTHER PREDICTION THREAD/TOPIC.

CHEERS

Us anoraks don't do predictions - we're only concerned about what happened in the past. Mind you, I did come top of the prediction league run by someone on the ex-another forum where you had to pick the winners of every division from the Conference down to CCL Premier level and got points depending on where they finished. First time I'd ever done that sort of thing.

I wouldn't say I'm in the know either. I hardly know what's going on at Camberley let alone other clubs and my anorak duties only cover God's own county! (See flag below).

I haven't got a clue about half the teams, players & managers in the CCL.

Is it true that Egham Town has signed Chertsey Town keeper...

CHEERS

Us anoraks don't do predictions - we're only concerned about what happened in the past. Mind you, I did come top of the prediction league run by someone on the ex-another forum where you had to pick the winners of every division from the Conference down to CCL Premier level and got points depending on where they finished. First time I'd ever done that sort of thing.

I wouldn't say I'm in the know either. I hardly know what's going on at Camberley let alone other clubs and my anorak duties only cover God's own county! (See flag below).

I haven't got a clue about half the teams, players & managers in the CCL.

Aron mcliesh has returned to chertsey from bedfont green/town,that's all I know.

Pommers is now a sarnie

Big Man , is it true that egham has signed another keeper to keep you on ur toes ....

Also a 9 year sponsorship deal with Carlsberg...... Probably the best sponsor in the league!!:signthankspin:

Nothing mentioned to me butts????? Maybe I'll be on my toes;)

Somebody mentioned to me last week that you ARE on your toes mate, Ashford Town the destination?

Current Rumours around the club are:

SIGNINGS:

- Tom O'Regan (released from Wycombe) has signed a contract

- Arron McCliesh (Bedfont Green) has re-signed

- Tom Hayden (eleased from Chelsea) has signed

OUTGOINGS -

- Pomroy has signed for Egham

- Steve Gibson has moved to the Newcastle for work and signed for Whitley Bay

- Steve Goddard has also moved to Newcastle for personal reason

- Sam Belcher - end of loan (returned to Wycombe)

All other players that finished the season are expected for pre season.

If you look at this way, O'Regan is a winger so will replace Goddard, who played most of last season on the right wing, McCliesh will replace Pomroy, Hayden will replace Gibson (as he is a right back released from Chelsea).

Id expect Spencer to sign a midfielder to replace Belcher but other than that it will be a similar side to last year, with the 3 changes above.

Is that the same Spencer who was in your words " going to Hampton " or have you found another one somewhere?

Heard that Pearcey was also being looked at....any rumours in that?